“Pure bliss”

Kiss Bali
Ranked #60 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
“Pure bliss”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

It was the first time my partner and I went to Bali and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. Kiss Bali you really did make our first experience in Bali one to remember.

The villa was just exceptional. The design, the cleanness and the service was brilliant. The only thing I could recommend to kiss is to get a door bell at the front of the villas. There would be times I'd be I'm the out door shower and room service just walks in.

Kiss Bali is just out of the hustle and bustle of Seminyak but so very close to everything. If you like to walk the villa is located close to all the well known restaurants. If not the butlers were more then happy to drop us off in the Seminyak area.

My partner and I wanted a scooter. They organised it and within 20 minutes the scooter was at the front waiting for us.

We did a day trip to Ubud and our butler was more then happy to tour us around for the day. It cost us around 40 AUD.

As we stayed over Xmas and NYE kiss Bali was kind enough to leave us free bottles of wine and chocolates.

There was a few nights we stayed in and had room service. The food is a great price and quite yummy. Every drunken night we had a BLT before bed. They were delicious.

I would recommend Kiss to anyone.

Thanks to you all there for being so kind and friend and providing exceptional service.

Our next stay at Bali would definitely be with you.

• Stayed December 2013
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hi Ana,
Happy New Year 2014. Thank you so much for chosen us as your first accommodation in Bali on your first time Holiday. it's a very lovely review. We are glad to know that all went well with your stay and with the program you have arranged trough our service. We are very appreciate for your recommendation given to other travelers and friends of yours.
We are so looking forward to have you back to KISS in near future with more exciting plan. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance you might need. see you soon..

with kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

KISS was recommended to me in 2012 by a friend who has stayed there before. My 7 girlfriends and I gave it a chance in June 2012 and had the time of our lives. On NYE 2013, I again brought a bunch of different friends and the 10 of us had such a fantastic holiday - their quality service, cleanliness, room design and facilities did not deteriorate over time and in fact, they improved.
KISS sits on prime real estate in Bali - within 5 minutes walking distance to The W and Potatohead. There are also plenty of boutiques, restaurants and massages places within 500m of the villa.
Their packages include many frills that guests can put to good use (other villas nearby do not provide these) - free 15 mins massage per pax, free airport transfer, free breakfasts (mind you, they were hearty continental/american/local fares that kept the average person full before heading out to hunt for lunch/do other activities) and free shuttle services around Seminyak.
Our butlers also ran random errands for us when they could - don't hesitate to ask and that's where other travellers make a mistake by keeping quiet and expecting the villa staff to be psychic.
We ordered a meat & seafood BBQ for ourselves at around US$20-25 per pax - it was the best BBQ I have ever had - totally worth it - and my friends agreed with me. I'm very fussy with where I stay and what I eat, and I definitely recommend you doing a BBQ if you are staying at KISS because it gives you a chance to chill out at the beautiful living areas and hang around the pool/garden. I also like how their pricing is "nett" and not "++" so you know exactly what you're paying for.
Both Pak Rama, Mas Dewa and all the other staff have worked very hard and continued to be fabulous & patient with our big group's many different requests throughout our trip, making sure we were comfortable and happy at all times. Our hats off to them. I don't understand how some other people here said the villas were in bad conditions?? I've stayed in numerous villas, hotels and resorts around the region and this has been among the best. We stayed at Cium (#7) and Syurga (#6) and they were in top condition. They even let me stay at my villa till 4pm because of my late flight out.
The only downside is probably the number of mosquitoes in Bali in general. However KISS fixes that by providing different types of mosquito repellents, coils and the works, so if you're diligent in using them, you shouldn't suffer from any bites.
Also, if you're travelling in a large group and intend to split the bill to pay individually, I would recommend doing it a few hours earlier instead of right before your airport transfer van arrives - they do take a while. And make sure you order your breakfast the night before - otherwise it won't be served. Or at least instruct them to send the same order you made previously, if you fail to make a new order (same food is better than no food).
Overall, all of us are very happy with our stay at KISS and we will definitely be back. Thank you again Pak Rama and Mas Dewa, Putri, Surya and everyone at KISS (can't remember everyone's names). I would recommend this villa for honeymooners, hen's night and stag parties, as well as big groups.

Room Tip: Get Villa Surga (best for couples - huge bathrooms with jacuzzi bathtubs within) or Villa Cium (slig...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hi ,

Happy new Year 2014. I thank you for your great review for KISS and your appreciation to our staff in general. I am very happy as well to hear that you've had a great stay with us and enjoyed every single night with all your friends perfectly. we will always bear in mind to always keep up the best for our guest and it is always a great pleasure for us to welcoming you and friends in KISS at all time of your holiday. More than happy to help if you need some arrangement for your next stay in KISS.

With kind regards
Muara, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Just got time to write a review... it was our first visit to Bali and stayed at KISS [twas way back in 2012- kinda an overdue review)... booked the honeymoon package which was indeed worth it... Arrived Bali quite late close to midnight but our guide from KISS was willing to wait and throughout our stay there he has been helping us a lot- Ngurai was his name like the airport Ngurah Rai... Tho we weren't given the one bed room villa but villa seindah was given instead... and during our last night there we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa... From the outside it wasn't appealing but once inside we were indeed take aback by how spectacular it was. Twas amazing... Customer service was excellent. While boarding the plane my husband realised that he accidentally left his Ipad in one of the villa. So we had to call KISS and asked if they could send it via air to our country. Without hesitation they send it back to us in a matter of days. Honesty in their customer care. A big thank you to KISS!!! ^_^

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Hi Naiyza,

You are welcome. it always a pleasure for us to hear that you had a great holiday with us in KISS and we were able to satisfied your request promptly without mistaken. I will ensure Ngurah Butler will get your excellent compliment about him. See you soon on the next trip to Bali in Kiss Bali Villas.

regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed in Villa Seindah 1 for 3 nights recently. Was expecting more since there were so many good reviews. The living and dining areas were great but rooms and toilets a little old. Service levels also not too consistent throughout. 1st morning, we were served coffee/tea and fruits along with our breakfast without us ordering. 2nd morning, there was none and when we asked, we were told they were not served as we did not order. Turn down service was provided only on the 1st 2 nights and we had to call to request on the 3rd night. Our booking comes with complimentary head and shoulder upon arrival but this was not provided. We were also not served any afternoon tea while in the villa as stated in our booking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hi,
Thank you so much for your important review for us , I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with service and found there were inconsistency from our staff in meeting your expectation. I am thanking you for the advice on few points related with the standard benefits that we need to improve.

The breakfast items served should be served perfectly as guest's requested - I will liaise with our Butler and Kitchen in regards to your comment about the breakfast coffee and the fruit served. In Kiss Villa , Tea time and Turn down service are our inclusive in our standard services which provide daily in certain period of hours as mentioned in our guest information book in the villa. However, in fact of the implementation mostly our guest refuse to have the services as on schedule without being informed and prefer to have their tea time served as well as for the turn down service according to their schedule or as they desired (as most of our guest spending their late afternoon outside, privacy reason or on Spa treatment). Welcome head and Shoulder massage is the service also in some cases and several reasons not often taken by guests directly upon check in time, guest are most welcome to have the treatment later at anytime during their stay by inform our staff at Front office or Butler .

I will for sure looking at your review seriously and I do apologize for the inconvenienced caused during your stay. I believe that we will able to covered the communication issue properly with my related departments. Thank you for the constructive advices and we hope to be able to see you in Kiss Bali on your next holiday with much and better improvement .
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Kiss Bali is located in a small side street just off JL Petitenget, in a small, quiet street about a five minutes walk from the W Hotel. Being just off the main road, Kiss Bali remains quiet enough to relax by the pool and enjoy a good nights sleep, but you are still close to all the great things Seminyak has to offer.

The villas are extremely spacious and clean, our expectations were surpassed by the quality and attention to detail of the villas. The villas are best described as having a classic Balinese feel with modern Japanese and retro influences; hard to picture, but works extremely well.

We stayed in a one bedroom villa which was huge, well laid out, had a fantastic pool and sunbed area. I was a little hesitant at using the outdoor bathroom, but you feel so at home at Kiss Bali that this was not an issue.

We did not encounter problems with mosquitos which was due to frequent fumigation of the villa.
To those who complain about mosquitos, lizards and insects in tropical climates such as Bali, perhaps try Antarctica for your next holiday?

What really sets Kiss Bali apart from the rest is their devotion to customer service. The staff at Kiss Bali will do whatever it takes to ensure you are comfortable and that there is a permanent smile on your face. They offer a free bus service that will drop you off anywhere in Seminyak at the drop of a hat - this was extremely useful during our stay. The personalised butler service ensures you are taken care of; whatever you need, just ask, done! The villas were kept meticulously clean and the turn down service every night made for relaxing evenings.

A special mention must be made to Rama and Eka. These two gentlemen are exceptional in their approach to making you feel right at home; suggestions on places to see and things to do, making reservations on our behalf, a "get well soon card" when I got sick. You guys went that extra step, I take my hat off to both of you.

We can't recommend Kiss Bali highly enough!

Our two week stay was an absolute delight. Keep up the good work and see you next year!

Carlo & Sarah

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi, I thank you for your fantastic review , I am glad you were very happy in overall about the villa and the staff . We really appreciate any advice and response from our guest for our improvement. We hope to see you soon in near future with another experience from KISS.
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed at Kiss with my family from the 16th-23rd of September 2013! We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa and were very happy with this resort! I would have no hesitation in recommending it to friends and family.
We initially moved into Villa Seindah, which we thought was beautiful. However, one of the wooden floor boards in the bedroom was unstable. Once we brought this issue up with management they automatically offered us a free upgrade to the Villa Surga which was a touch classier! The villas at Kiss are amazing- great pools, great rooms, comfy beds, cosy dining areas and plenty of space! The service is one of a kind! Staff are very friendly and are always happy to help!

Early in our stay we asked the staff if they knew were we could purchase an inflatable pool bed. The next day (without even asking) they went out of their way and purchased 2 for our villa, without even charging us or accepting our offer to pay! This is just an example of the type of service you can expect at Kiss!

The location is also great! Its no more then a 10 minute walk from Potato Head & close to some great restaurants and shops! However, if you are not the walking type, the car service is always available and staff are very happy to take you whenever and wherever you ask!

If I had to make any negative comments the only things I would say is that the breakfast is not 5 star. The options are quite limited & after a few days, you start to get sick of the same options. However, when the chef was available, food off the menu was tasty & cheap! I would also recommend that the team look at adding another sunbed to Vill Surga. There is alot of grass area but not enough beds around the pool. Now if I had to get super picky, I would also say that the shampoo, conditioner and body wash provided is quite average and is prob in need of an upgrade. However, this is definitely not a deal breaker :) The tv reception in the bedroom is also a little lousy (at times) and if tv is important to you, then make sure you ask for villas with tv's in the bedroom as our first villa (seindah) only had a tv in the lounge area. But then again, who goes to Bali to watch tv!?!

As mentioned in some of the other posts, the bathrooms are outside but they are always kept clean! They do at times attract ants and other insects, however I wouldn't change it as I prefer them outside, as it gives a really relaxing feel!

Overall Kiss Bali is great! It offers exactly what you need for a relaxing and fun Bali getaway! The rooms are great, pools are clean and water is always perfect temperature, Service is 10/10 and location is probably a 8/10!

If you are contemplating booking Kiss bali- I would definitely recommend you give it a go as you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RachaK2013
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Hi , thank you for your great review for us.

we are apologize that we had to up grade you to our Deluxe suite , it 's our job to make your stay a pleasant one in fully comfort. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our Team . I put a well note on your constructive idea related to the extra sunbed in Villa Surga as well as to enlarge the breakfast option. we are considering now to provide the extras soon. Tv's in the room in villa Seindah ( 2 bedroom villas) still under observation by management as we have few pro and contra reaction from our guest related to the additional request in the bedroom ( especially guest with the family are mostly refuse to have their kids spent time only in room all day ). fyi - all of our bedroom Villas have TV in room as well as Deluxe rooms ( 2 and 3 bedrooms), most guest inform that TV in living room is preferable . However, i will liaise with our engineering staff to look at the lousy effect in some channels . We are aware that most of the satellites receiver in Bali are not able to provide 100 percent clear view for all channels, we are surely will minimize them.

Again, i thank you for your great review in overall plus the recommendation given to our future guests. I hope to see you soon in KISS BALI VILLA
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our first visit to Bali and the holiday in its entirety was amazing, in no small part, to the service and lodgings offered by the staff of Kiss.

I travelled over with another couple and my girlfriend and we stayed in a two bedroom villa. The villa was amazing, the pool spectacular and the spa even more amazing.

We were greeted so very warmly and had welcome drinks waiting for us. The staff there are beyond reproach in servicing their customers needs; all questions answered, sound advice was always on tap and some fantastic recommendations.

We decided on one of our final nights to have a nice dinner and the staff found our first restaurant pick was booked out, we asked for another recommendation and the concierge pulled some strings to get us a spectacular beach side table at a superb restaurant.

I cannot recommend these villas enough and I have raved about our experiences in Bali to the point that several of my friends wish to travel with us next year when we return, and we will of cours be staying at Kiss Bali again.

Loved it and big thanks to the team at Kiss for making our holiday so memorable!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Garth K
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Hi Garth,

What a lovely review in overall about us. on behalf of all of our staff in KISS BALI. I thank you for these compliments. indeed. My staff will be very happy to know They have been doing a wonderful job in providing a great service for your group . Thank you very much for recommending us to your friends . We do hope we can always keep up our service perfectly at all the time and be able to provide you with even better treatment on your return to KISS BALI.

Warn regards