“The Villa You've Been Looking For!”
Review of Kiss Bali

Kiss Bali
Ranked #68 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“The Villa You've Been Looking For!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My partner and I stayed at Kiss Bali Villas for 10 nights from the 27th Jan – 6th Feb. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were delighted by the service that we received from every staff member and the quality of this beautiful establishment. We do not have one bad word to say about this beautiful place and their wonderful staff!

To begin with, the villa itself. We stayed in the Villa Impian 1 and cannot fault the beautiful accommodation. The villa is in wonderful condition and looks identical to the photos that are used on their website which is not always the case. It was the perfect Villa for a luxury getaway! The minute we left a staff member would come and ensure the room was immaculate for when we returned. Their attention to detail is wonderful!

Next up, the staff. I honestly don’t know where to start with these wonderful people. We were greeted always with a smile and friendly hello and they were able to help us with anything we needed. My partner fell sick a couple of hours before we were meant to leave for the airport to go home and unfortunately we missed our flight as he needed medical attention. The amazing staff at Kiss were so helpful. Offering us a Villa (at a discounted rate) that was not booked for the evening, calling the doctor, ensuring that we had everything that we needed, and providing me with much needed support whilst communicating with doctors! On top of this my birthday was the following day which I had planned on spending at home but because of the delayed flight was spent waiting for my partner to get over his sickness. Winda, the lovely reception Lady organised a personalised cake and card which all the staff had signed, bought it to the villa and all the staff sang me happy birthday. It was so thoughtful and unexpected and I could not be more grateful to the staff for making my birthday a memorable one! They also wrote a get well card for my partner signed by all the staff. The thoughtfulness and caring of these people goes above and beyond what is expected!

I would highly recommend Kiss Bali Villas for anyone considering a luxury and affordable getaway. The villas are in a wonderful position, walking distance to the centre of Seminyak but also far enough away from the hustle and bustle to be wonderfully quiet and private. The staff are amazing and assist in every way to make sure your stay is of the highest standards, and not to mention the included breakfast and room service is delicious!

Thankyou Kiss for a very memorable and enjoyable stay! We will be back for sure :D

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Sarah,

Thank you so much for your positive response in overall about KISS. It such a pleasure knowing that we're able to meet your expectation and have made your holiday such a wonderful one. I will ensure that all my staff aware of your compliments to them and We wish always the best for you both ( hope he is getting better by now).

Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Booked a 3 bedroom villa. Nice villa, don looks old, a modern villa which I like it. Unlucky for me, we stay there for 2 nights, 1st night aircon was not working, they repair it on the next day. And theres many mosquitoes in the rooms and toliet.Free drinks in fridge too. Breakfast was fine. Driver (name rolex) was gd, fetched us for supper late mid night. Staff were friendly too. But I feel disappointed I left my mp3 in the villa during my checkout, after 3hrs going back I was told they didnt saw it n didnt get it. It will be better if they are more honest. Overall I still like this villa. Hope those points that I mention can be improved.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Hi , Thank you for your great compliment for our property and our service. Rest assured we will share your constructive advice to our respected staff related to mosquito issue and your report about the missing MP3 left in our villa.
I do apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Based on our experience so far, our staff are able to identified the missing items left by the guests and reported to management to be informed back to our guests. However, would you mind to re clarify your missing item to your friends as well, please? just in case they might aware of it. As for the follow up, I will set an investigation accordingly and will inform you soon the result by email.

I really appreciate your understanding and we are looking forward to have the chance to serve better in near future .

With kind regards
Reviewed 23 January 2014

You can see how much we have enjoyed our stay there by all of the names of the people that work there that we memorised, even though we stayed there 4 months ago.

-Ngurah picked me up from the airport and he was very informative of the local culture - he even stopped by a flower shop for me to buy some flowers for my partner!
-Rama was very lovely, always willing to help and recommending places to visit.
-Lalik is kinda shy, he was just learning English, however, he was good to talk to - together with Eka, he even taught me some phrases in Indonesian!
-I didn't talk to Yudi much, aside from a 'hello' here and there, because he was standing guard at the entrance.

During these 7 days, we had an amazing experience. It was our very own piece of paradise - private, secluded, yet the staff were never more than a phone call away. We could feel that the staff really valued our privacy.

The next time we are in Bali, we will definitely visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Stefan and Ozan... L
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Hi Stephane and Ozan,

Thank you for your review for us , it was great to hear that the 7 days stay was worth it well for you along with a fantastic memories during your stay especially with our staff. I am more than happy to share your holiday experience with my respected staff and to ensure that we all can keep the spirit alive , proudly make our guests have their best holiday in KISS.

Thank you so much and hope to see you soon in KISS

Best regards
Reviewed 4 January 2014

It was the first time my partner and I went to Bali and we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay. Kiss Bali you really did make our first experience in Bali one to remember.

The villa was just exceptional. The design, the cleanness and the service was brilliant. The only thing I could recommend to kiss is to get a door bell at the front of the villas. There would be times I'd be I'm the out door shower and room service just walks in.

Kiss Bali is just out of the hustle and bustle of Seminyak but so very close to everything. If you like to walk the villa is located close to all the well known restaurants. If not the butlers were more then happy to drop us off in the Seminyak area.

My partner and I wanted a scooter. They organised it and within 20 minutes the scooter was at the front waiting for us.

We did a day trip to Ubud and our butler was more then happy to tour us around for the day. It cost us around 40 AUD.

As we stayed over Xmas and NYE kiss Bali was kind enough to leave us free bottles of wine and chocolates.

There was a few nights we stayed in and had room service. The food is a great price and quite yummy. Every drunken night we had a BLT before bed. They were delicious.

I would recommend Kiss to anyone.

Thanks to you all there for being so kind and friend and providing exceptional service.

Our next stay at Bali would definitely be with you.

• Stayed December 2013
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hi Ana,
Happy New Year 2014. Thank you so much for chosen us as your first accommodation in Bali on your first time Holiday. it's a very lovely review. We are glad to know that all went well with your stay and with the program you have arranged trough our service. We are very appreciate for your recommendation given to other travelers and friends of yours.
We are so looking forward to have you back to KISS in near future with more exciting plan. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further assistance you might need. see you soon..

with kind regards
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

KISS was recommended to me in 2012 by a friend who has stayed there before. My 7 girlfriends and I gave it a chance in June 2012 and had the time of our lives. On NYE 2013, I again brought a bunch of different friends and the 10 of us had such a fantastic holiday - their quality service, cleanliness, room design and facilities did not deteriorate over time and in fact, they improved.
KISS sits on prime real estate in Bali - within 5 minutes walking distance to The W and Potatohead. There are also plenty of boutiques, restaurants and massages places within 500m of the villa.
Their packages include many frills that guests can put to good use (other villas nearby do not provide these) - free 15 mins massage per pax, free airport transfer, free breakfasts (mind you, they were hearty continental/american/local fares that kept the average person full before heading out to hunt for lunch/do other activities) and free shuttle services around Seminyak.
Our butlers also ran random errands for us when they could - don't hesitate to ask and that's where other travellers make a mistake by keeping quiet and expecting the villa staff to be psychic.
We ordered a meat & seafood BBQ for ourselves at around US$20-25 per pax - it was the best BBQ I have ever had - totally worth it - and my friends agreed with me. I'm very fussy with where I stay and what I eat, and I definitely recommend you doing a BBQ if you are staying at KISS because it gives you a chance to chill out at the beautiful living areas and hang around the pool/garden. I also like how their pricing is "nett" and not "++" so you know exactly what you're paying for.
Both Pak Rama, Mas Dewa and all the other staff have worked very hard and continued to be fabulous & patient with our big group's many different requests throughout our trip, making sure we were comfortable and happy at all times. Our hats off to them. I don't understand how some other people here said the villas were in bad conditions?? I've stayed in numerous villas, hotels and resorts around the region and this has been among the best. We stayed at Cium (#7) and Syurga (#6) and they were in top condition. They even let me stay at my villa till 4pm because of my late flight out.
The only downside is probably the number of mosquitoes in Bali in general. However KISS fixes that by providing different types of mosquito repellents, coils and the works, so if you're diligent in using them, you shouldn't suffer from any bites.
Also, if you're travelling in a large group and intend to split the bill to pay individually, I would recommend doing it a few hours earlier instead of right before your airport transfer van arrives - they do take a while. And make sure you order your breakfast the night before - otherwise it won't be served. Or at least instruct them to send the same order you made previously, if you fail to make a new order (same food is better than no food).
Overall, all of us are very happy with our stay at KISS and we will definitely be back. Thank you again Pak Rama and Mas Dewa, Putri, Surya and everyone at KISS (can't remember everyone's names). I would recommend this villa for honeymooners, hen's night and stag parties, as well as big groups.

Room Tip: Get Villa Surga (best for couples - huge bathrooms with jacuzzi bathtubs within) or Villa Cium (slig...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hi ,

Happy new Year 2014. I thank you for your great review for KISS and your appreciation to our staff in general. I am very happy as well to hear that you've had a great stay with us and enjoyed every single night with all your friends perfectly. we will always bear in mind to always keep up the best for our guest and it is always a great pleasure for us to welcoming you and friends in KISS at all time of your holiday. More than happy to help if you need some arrangement for your next stay in KISS.

With kind regards
Muara, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Just got time to write a review... it was our first visit to Bali and stayed at KISS [twas way back in 2012- kinda an overdue review)... booked the honeymoon package which was indeed worth it... Arrived Bali quite late close to midnight but our guide from KISS was willing to wait and throughout our stay there he has been helping us a lot- Ngurai was his name like the airport Ngurah Rai... Tho we weren't given the one bed room villa but villa seindah was given instead... and during our last night there we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa... From the outside it wasn't appealing but once inside we were indeed take aback by how spectacular it was. Twas amazing... Customer service was excellent. While boarding the plane my husband realised that he accidentally left his Ipad in one of the villa. So we had to call KISS and asked if they could send it via air to our country. Without hesitation they send it back to us in a matter of days. Honesty in their customer care. A big thank you to KISS!!! ^_^

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
GmKISS, General Manager at Kiss Bali, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Hi Naiyza,

You are welcome. it always a pleasure for us to hear that you had a great holiday with us in KISS and we were able to satisfied your request promptly without mistaken. I will ensure Ngurah Butler will get your excellent compliment about him. See you soon on the next trip to Bali in Kiss Bali Villas.

regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed in Villa Seindah 1 for 3 nights recently. Was expecting more since there were so many good reviews. The living and dining areas were great but rooms and toilets a little old. Service levels also not too consistent throughout. 1st morning, we were served coffee/tea and fruits along with our breakfast without us ordering. 2nd morning, there was none and when we asked, we were told they were not served as we did not order. Turn down service was provided only on the 1st 2 nights and we had to call to request on the 3rd night. Our booking comes with complimentary head and shoulder upon arrival but this was not provided. We were also not served any afternoon tea while in the villa as stated in our booking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hi,
Thank you so much for your important review for us , I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with service and found there were inconsistency from our staff in meeting your expectation. I am thanking you for the advice on few points related with the standard benefits that we need to improve.

The breakfast items served should be served perfectly as guest's requested - I will liaise with our Butler and Kitchen in regards to your comment about the breakfast coffee and the fruit served. In Kiss Villa , Tea time and Turn down service are our inclusive in our standard services which provide daily in certain period of hours as mentioned in our guest information book in the villa. However, in fact of the implementation mostly our guest refuse to have the services as on schedule without being informed and prefer to have their tea time served as well as for the turn down service according to their schedule or as they desired (as most of our guest spending their late afternoon outside, privacy reason or on Spa treatment). Welcome head and Shoulder massage is the service also in some cases and several reasons not often taken by guests directly upon check in time, guest are most welcome to have the treatment later at anytime during their stay by inform our staff at Front office or Butler .

I will for sure looking at your review seriously and I do apologize for the inconvenienced caused during your stay. I believe that we will able to covered the communication issue properly with my related departments. Thank you for the constructive advices and we hope to be able to see you in Kiss Bali on your next holiday with much and better improvement .