We were recommended Nunia by my sister who had stayed there. They said it was centrally located to good food and coffee (Sisterfields and Grocer and Grind are our fave places!) We had just spent 4 nights in Canggu for my sisters wedding and was looking forward to being closer to the shopping and restaurants. We had transfers to get there from our villa in Canggu so it was much to our dismay when we arrived at Nunia and were told that our reservation had been cancelled. This reservation was made in October 2013 and cancelled without our knowledge in January 2014. We stayed in March 2014. Turns out that the company who managed the property at the time of our booking (Premier Hospitality Asia) no longer managed it and rather than hand over our booking to Nunia, they took it upon themselves to cancel our booking and relocate us. This however was never communicated to us. We arrived on a hot day at lunchtime with 2 kids under 2 who were screaming, tired and hungry. The staff at Nunia didn't speak the best English and on the most part did as much as they could do to accommodate us. My gripe isn't with the villa, it's with Premier Hospitality Asia. The staff at Nunia were on the phone to them trying to help us figure out what to do and all they could say was "just wait and we will send a car to take you to another villa". However they didn't even know which villa they were going to send us to! I will never ever book another villa through this management company and I will definitely be recommending my friends to do the same.
As for Nunia, the villa itself was clean and the air con worked and the pool was great.
1) rain showers in the bathrooms sprayed everywhere but down
2) for a self contained villa with cooking amenities - there was nothing to eat with. No crockery, cutlery, glass wear or washing up stuff like tea towels, sponge etc.
The staff were helpful but the communication was probably the hardest I have encountered on many stays in Bali - their English was not the best.
1) unlimited filtered mineral water in villa (hot,cold, and room temperature dispenser)
2) size of the rooms / villa
3) nice pool - not too cold
4) locality - close to eat street and cool day spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nunia Boutique Villas is complex villas with 1 and 2 bedroom villas, located in Seminyak fashion area within 10 minutes walking to the beach. An improvement toward the villas is being practically implemented. Breakfasts provided with various menu options within a butler service which is being designed. Room amenities, as sofa, towels , etc are recently renewed. Nunia is the place where people could find the privacy inside the modern living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Nunia Boutique Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nunia Boutique Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Nunia Boutique Villas Bali/Seminyak