“Perfect”
Review of Kunti Villas

Kunti Villas
Ranked #108 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed at kunti villas for 7 nights i couldn't fault anything at all the rooms are true to every picture u see they r magnificent, the location is fine it's just a short walk from the centre of seminyak just out enough to be quite at night.
Every morning we were welcomed with a lovely breakfast and room service. The staff are the most friendly people you will come across they help you in any way possible. We we're even given a free meal at a lovely restraunt from management it included any drinks you want and anything you wanted to eat no limits. I would definitely reccomened this place to anyone wanting to stay somewhere beautiful and clean.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We originally booked this hotel after reading all the positive reviews about this place. Upon arriving, we were informed that there are issues with their hot water system so they have "upgraded" us to one of their resorts nearby. The Club Villas, "closer to the beach" was their selling point. We hesitated and asked to see some pictures of the Club Villas. It looks amazing in the brochure, so we agreed (not that we had a choice, unless you like cold showers). We arrived at the Club Villas and realized that the pictures were probably heavily photoshopped or taken a 10 years ago. You can view reviews of the Club Villas separately, but this post is to let you know that they seem to "upgrade" a lot of people that have booked the La Beau Kunti Villa and their other resort, Aya Villa, to the Club Villas from the various reviews I read up on the Club Villas. I reckon that is because nobody would willingly book at the Club Villas so this is their way of making sure that it doesn't sit there empty.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tranberry96
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The villa is more than you can expect. It is very beautiful and there are flowertrees in the garden. They decorate the villa very nicely and keep good care of it.

The pool is very big and nice, it's cleaned everyday. The living space outside next to the fridge is nice. The bed is also amazing.

We were first in Kunti VIlla 1. It is next to the main road, so the noises can be unbearable due to the the loud motorcycles. We were moved to Kunti Villa 2, which was much more quieter and sleep quality was much better.

However, the breakfast is disgusting. They serve still spoiled butter and most of the time the breakfeast was cold.

You need to take a taxi to the Seminyak from here, but the hotel will reserve it for you. This was not a drawback since the taxis are extremely cheap in Bali.

The staff is very helpful and ready to do everything for you.

Room Tip: Do not book a villa next to the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I spent 3 night in this villa with my partner. Very close to seminyak center, villas are big, very clean and pool is huge size. Staff is very friendly and helpful, we will come back here for sure.Breakfast is average but it's only a detail.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We book this recent trip a la minute as we were busy and could not plan ahead. Once we could get off from work, we decided to visit our second home , Bali.;)

We book our airlines, SQ and accomodation, Kunti Villa the night before this trip and we were not disappointed.)

In fact, the prices during this June holidays were steeper. $500 for a flight to Bali?
However, we found that the budget airlines Jetstar, Airasia and even the other international airlines like Garuda and KLM were expensive and so for a little more, we decided SQ was worth the trip.
As SQ was our own international airlines, we have high expectations for her to deliver. We were a little disappointed. The lady seated in front push her seat all the way down and it hit my knee and I could not even rest my leg. Somehow the design of the seat was meant for the person infront.:(

When I highlighted this to the kebaya clad SIA gal which I used to be proud of, I was totally disappointed. She told me in one sentence..the lady has the right to push her way and hurt my knee...and that I have no god damn right at all...even though I pay the same rate as her...what an unacceptable explanation? I was so uncomfortable that I had to place my feet outside along the aisle.

The food was not as good as I have expected..the scramble eggs were runny...watery to be exact...the beef was soak in liquid. It will be good if the bread was warm. When I asked for sugar, the steward say it is given in my pack..and when I look one miserable satchel...hey man! I have a sweet tooth...;(

However, when we arrive at Kunti Villas, we were uplifted, they allow us to check in early. the room was impeccably clean and welcoming...it was a WOW!
We were served yummy welcome drinks. Throughout our stay, they left us on our own other than checking if we need anything on our way out. They were very well trained.

The room has all the essential amenities. They used crabtree amenities..wow!
bathtub was huge. there was also a standing shower. TV channel was sufficient, closet space more than sufficient. Lighting and aircon were very good and all in working condition.

The pool was a good size and very clean.

The huge lazy rattan lounge seat by the pool alllow a romantic star gazing moment and it was simply breathe taking!
Breakfast was either local or western and more than sufficient and very professionally presented.
The pantry area was kept away from the room, divided by the pool so the cooking does not disturb the resting moment.

The design was great!

Areas to improve:

1. Have toilet together with shower. While you shower and when you need to go to the toilet, you actually has to get out and go to the other end..so it is not too convenient.
2. As they have conduction stove, the utensil like pots must be comparable. we could not cook with the pot cos it cannot sit on the conduction stove...;(
3. No magazines for reading pleasure unlike some villas.
4. No extra TV at the lounge or living room/kitchen area. So if you have guest, they have to all sit on your bed to watch TV;(
5. More crockeries available. However, when we request, they were fast to offer.
6. Location in Umalas or end seminyak area..opposite from the Chat cafe. However, quite easy to locate.

As we had stayed in many villas across Bali, we were aware of what standards and price range of the villas.

Kunti Villas other than minor issues have met all our expectations, Infact, we were delighted that the product and service are beyond our expectations. we will certainly go back very soon!

Room Tip: All rooms as per your preference.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2012

With my boyfriend we reserved the Villa only for 2 days cause we didn't know how it was. After staying there we returned for on other week because it's a fantastic place. You have a private pool, everything is clean and luxurious, the staff is very friendly and helpful. It' a really romantic place as well. Not in the center, it's a quite place in front of a rice field.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank emvi88
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My boyfriend and I spend 7 nights in the kutnhi villas and overall it was a very good villa. It was nice and private and the pool had a great size.

Pros:
Quiet and private.
Friendly staff.
Nice bathroom.
The lobby was good to wait for your taxi.
Good bedding.
Overall clean, definately for Balinese standarts.

Cons:
Breakfast was average.
One day the forgot to bring us towels, they took the old ones but didnt replaced them.

I also want to compliment the staff on the following. In the morning we took a taxi to the beach and I forgot my phone in the taxi. I only found out at 8pm. The security reports the taxi's by licenseplate and taxinumber so they could make an easy call to the taxi company. They reassured me they would take care of my phone. Unfortunately I didnt got it back but the staff dit everything whitin there power to help me.

I do want to note the following: The location of the villa is not in the centrum of Seminyak, for dinner,shopping or going to the beach is taxi absoluetly a must, Taxis are very cheap so I thought it wasnt a problem. The positive side of this is that the villas are really quiet and peacefull.

I would go back and I would recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frederique A