Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak
One Eleven(Seminyak)
bvilla + Spa(Seminyak)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate poolminute walkeat streetthe main streetbedroom and bathroomoutdoor kitchenreception areawater dispenserliving areainsect repellentrooftop barstayed here for nightsair conditionerdvd playerbuffet breakfastour honeymoonvisit bali
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Such a beautiful place to stay set back from the hustle and bustle but a quick walk or taxi to the cafes and restaurants only 10 months old very modern .The rooms are imacculate and so well presented.the staff are so friendly and helpful ,we were only here for 4 nights so wish we had of booked 2 weeks.will come back next year and bring some friends and get the 2 bedroom villa ..

Room Tip: villa with private pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank k81111
Reviewed 29 August 2011

La Villais was the first hotel we stayed at on our trip to Bali. We stayed here for 3 nights and we were really happy with our choice. We were picked up from the airport by a very friendly member of staff. We organized this transfer by emailing the hotel and they responded very fast and efficiently. We stayed in a one bedroom villa. We liked the villa very much, it was very private, the pool is large and quite deep and the surrounding area for sunbathing was very pretty and relaxing. The outdoor kitchen and living room is a nice touch and we appreciated the water bottle for hot and cold drinks. The bedroom was nicely decorated and the bathroom very nice. There is a lack of privacy for the toilet however, a blind on the window and on the door would have been nice. There were a few mosquitos in the room which made me a bit paranoid on the first night, however we did not get bitten, so that was ok. The free breakfast is quite basic, but we were happy with our omelets. Free wifi in the villas is also a plus. The hotel is a 15 minute walk to the beach, however this did not bother us as its not an unpleasant walk. There are taxis driving past all the time and they are quite cheap if you do not fancy walking. We loved the fact we were so close to all the great shops and restaurants in Semintak and really loved it here. We definitely want to return and would definitely stay at La Villais again as the private pool area was a big winner for us.

3  Thank HelenaDubai
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our Villa's amenities. The pool, eating and relaxing area and the bedroom which included a mosquito net. The staff are lovely and helpful. The Villas are at a quieter end of Seminyak which we appreciated. Breakfast was fine and if you want a cultural experience, dine on a Friday night in the restaurant area and watch a beautiful Balinese dancer and listen to the live music. I also enjoyed a massage in their Spa. This was a good value holiday. Westossie

2  Thank Westossie
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We have just come back from a 7night stay in La Villais and it was an amazing place. The staff, the villas, the location - everything seemed perfect to us.

The staff were always very friendly, especially with our 18 month old son. The Balinese love children and this was very evident here. One lovely waiter even took him for a little walk while we finished our breakfast in peace!

Breakfast was nice, although you do get a bit sick of eating same thing everyday but it is nice that it is included. You can also take your food back to the villa to eat, which is what we did a few mornings as it was easier to entertain a toddler in our own villa rather than in the restaurant!

Room was amazing, really 5 star. We did have a small issue with mosquitos but not a big problem. Staff spray for mozzies during the week and also when they turn down your bed in the evening. I think you just need to be vigilant around dusk and make sure you have the mosquito nets drawn and the doors closed.

Staff cleaned both the villa and the pool everyday and it could not be faulted.

We availed of the shuttle to Kuta twice and on our final day they even dropped us at our next hotel near the airport which was about 10 minutes further from Kuta. They do anything they can to help you.

Location was perfect for us, close enough to the restaurants and bars yet still quiet and peaceful. We did have an issue with noise on the first day as they were doing some repairs to the villa next door but as soon as we asked about it the manager made the workmen stop so my son could have his lunchtime nap, and we were moved to a villa further from the noise that afternoon.

Villas are about a 20min walk to the beach but we took this into account when we booked so knew this...taxis are so cheap, that if you dont feel like walking there is no problem!

One suggestion would be to maybe have an in-house babysitter available but this was not really too big an issue as we got a recommendation from the Trip Advisor Bali forum for a nanny service.

I would definitely recommend this place, and I hope we will be back some day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ciaraon
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed this villa for 3nights after aria villa( we highly recommend this villa) ,
It was good villa with good size pool but not a good finishing furniture, the staff service and bed bug issues let us down.
we arrived from aria to la villais after 3pm and still had to wait for check in without knowing why we have to wait they decorate our room, bath tub with flowers which was nice but we had to got up middle of the night by itching we thought might me mosquito but it was bed bug!! cuz I killed one second night right on my arm !! and I had red rash all over my body so I had to come to the desk and complain about it. Actually I had few more issues before I decided to complain about it.
They said they have free shuttle service to kuta and seminyak but whenever we ask them they don't have shuttle to service us so they always says we call you a cab.
not the cab fees expensive(its only $2) just their attitude was rude.
We asked him if we can get a lift to seminyak at 11:30 and he said no there's no shuttle so he said he can call a cab for us.
but I saw one guy made a reservation for the shuttle bus for the next morning at 11:30 and they said Yes to him.

and when we checked in our room finally the room wasn't clean enough like floor felt dusty and hairs everywhere.
about the shuttle service he said they have set time for the free shuttle service which was 12. well he could explain to us when we asked him at the first place instead just saying no shuttle we can wait 30mins
anyway, after I complained about the bed bugs, shuttle service they changed their attitude 180' the manager said he can drive us privately when we wanna go.
and asked us if we organised our airport taxi but we already organized about it.
they tried to make it up after we complained about how we felt like not welcome guest which was better but I wish they could do better from the beginning.
over all, It was okay but after such a great service from the other villa ...
Well they definitely let us down.
and it's pretty noisy at night time we don't wanna go back this place there are lot better hotels with better service with that price

3  Thank Cheritea