“Family getaway”

and 1 more site!
Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak
Ranked #20 of 119 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed at La Villais for 4 days 3 nights and we had a nice time. The villa as big, kept clean and had its own pool. We travelled with a baby and I am a pumping mummy, so I was a little dismayed to find out that the tap water was not suitable for consumption and was unable to wash my pump parts and baby bottles with it. The villa provides a 6L gallon of bottled water via a dispenser but it was too much hassle transporting the water to the clean sink in the bathroom.
The staff were very understanding and offered to wash my milk bottles for me using their drinking water from their bar. I demonstrated to them the right and clean way of washing bottles and they followed my instructions and delivered the bottles to my villa once they were done. They did that a few times in one day. They understood that babies are sensitive and need their bottles to be clean and hygienic. I am very pleased with this personal touch in their service! This is what I called going the extra mile. I also loved the fact that they provided a baby cot with clean bedsheets and bedside protectors. My baby slept very well in it.

Overall pleasant but some downs. Tried the spa which was disappointing. Breakfast spread was only average. And the beach was pretty far to be conveniently accessible by a family with baby but I guess I should have chosen a beachfront villa for that purpose.

Otherwise the staff was friendly and they loved playing with my baby:) Do remember to bring along insect repellant as the mosquitos are a plenty and really hungry!

Room Tip: We had villa 12, the first villa from the breakfast area. No need to walk very far ;)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Room, pool, facilities - clean and lovely! Service - fantastic! We were treated like royalty. Staff - wonderful - from the gardeners to housekeeping to restaurant, reception and drivers, every time you passed you would be greeted warmly. I loved that the staff appeared to genuinely enjoy working at La Villais. The atmosphere was always welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. I've been home 3 days and I miss you, La Villais! I would be back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Loved the villa - pool was beautiful and clean it had an outside shower, house cleaning was great not too intrusive and if you passed on the house keeping they always called before leaving at the end of the day if they missed your room to check you wanted it done, Bed was comfy, Bathroom was really nice, clean and had everything you needed. BREAKFAST - personally it was terrible we actually choose to go and eat elsewhere for our stay... (grocer and grind is like ten min walk – 2 min scooter – great break and food) I would have preferred a simple breakfast menu instead of the "Budget Buffet" - However the room service wasn’t even a 1 out of ten, it took forever I had to call and ask where my food was, then it was cold, I refused to pay for the steak as it was cold and way over cooked. Lucky for us we enjoy eating out, and had a motor bike so we could jump on the bike and everything was close and easy to get to, plus so much yummy restaurants to try.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shann0nMarie
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I got a great deal on a one bedroom villa on wotif.com and could not be happier. I had six nights in my own one bedroom pool villa and it was fantastic. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the villa well appointed, the pool - about 1.5 metres deep, fantastic (took to watching television from the pool at night :) ) and the bathroom is just divine. The free wifi was also good, though the signal strength lagged a bit at times. Of my minor criticisms, breakfast is okay - more healthy options would be good. There is a bit of upsell from the staff for spa and restaurant services. The spa is expensive, even with the resident discount (the Cool Day Spa around the corner much better value). Also, the villas take families - having your own villa you don't see or hear the kids and the ones around at breakfast were well behaved, but for those looking for a child free establishment, this is not one. But other than these minor things, I had a ball here and would not hesitate to recommend the place.

Room Tip: It can be a LONG walk to some of the villas. There are golf carts to help.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PandoraBehr
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We decided to go on a Bali getaway for her birthday. We found a fantastic deal for a pool villa that included breakfast, airport transfer pick up, welcome fruits basket and spa/food & beverage discount etc at a ridiculously cheap rate!!!

We had a fantastic stay at this beautiful property. Loved the one bedroom villa with private pool. The hotel grounds is gorgeous. The staff are just lovely!! We came to Bali for a relaxing holiday and this is what the hotel gave us. I highly recommend the hotel to anyone looking at staying in a quiet and secluded location. Seminyak is just lovely! We used the hotel shuttle a couple times.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking at booking in Seminyak.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank js4rq
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed in Villa 18 (1 bedroom villa). The villa was great.
We love the 1.5m-deep pool so much and use it every day and night.

Villa is equipped with LCD tv, satellite channel, DVD player and Ipod dock.

Location is good. You can just have 5 min walk to shop lots and 10 min walk to Seminyak Square.

You may hire scooter at the receptionist for IDR50,00 per day.

Only drawback is the squeaky bed.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Azrulkusairi
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This was our second stay at La Villais, this time for 8 nights. We were here to buy furniture and decided that this place was a good value, had a good location and we knew the pluses and minuses so we could settle in quickly. Everything was just as I remembered. All the staff was extremely friendly and many remembered us from last June. Check-in was quick and our airport transfers were very smooth.

This time our villa was close to reception which was nice. They are spacious and start to feel like home after a few days. Villas have a large pool, a covered outdoor bed and 2 lounge chairs all with thick pads. Also outdoors is a shower, full kitchen with water dispenser, table and living room with TV. Inside is a large bedroom with desk and TV. Off the bedroom is a door to the pool area to one side and closet on the other. Beyond this is a large bathroom with separate tub and shower. There was a wooden drying rack in the bathroom. All the floors are marble. The location is close to restaurants, shopping and the ocean. We had no problem walking at night and walked to restaurants every night. The breakfast buffet had a nice variety of food and everything I had was good. After a few days it got boring, same as with any hotel and long stay.

The air conditioner in our bathroom was not working when we checked in and they came to fix it right away. The toilet handle had to be jiggled to get it to stop running. The netting over the bed smelled dusty and needed to be washed. We had no other problems with our room and enjoyed using the pool every day and the space provided in the outdoor living room.

Room drawbacks are the same as noted before: single sink with limited counter space, only one towel rack so hand towels had to be left on the sink, clear glass door separating bathroom from bedroom, limited storage for clothing, no luggage racks, adaptor did not support US plugs, light from outdoor pool and shower at night came in through the hall opaque glass door (we learned how to turn the lights off outside of the villa). I noticed this time that I had to keep logging in every time my ipad went to sleep which got to be a nuisance after a few days. They now provide you with 2 towels to use outside at the pool so you no longer need to use your bath towel. I had two massages and they were outstanding. It would be nice if they provided shower gel, shampoo and conditioner at the outside shower, same as they provide inside. And skin moisturizer would be nice too. Most hotels provide this.

All in all, I like this place. I think it is a great value for the money, and with just a little upkeep and minor changes (towel ring at sink for hand towel, moisturizer, gel and shampoo at outside shower, screen on bathroom door to block light at night, etc.) this place could be outstanding. You can’t beat the location and the facilities you get in your room, and the friendly, welcoming staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple