“La Villais”

Ranked #15 of 105 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“La Villais”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Got a great deal online and were not let down. La Villais rooms were lovely, spacious and the private pool a nice treat. The staff are lovely and very helpful. Breakfast at the Villa was nice but the restaurant was a little boring for dinner. We had a great stay and would return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed here for 4 days with my wife in a private 1 bed villa.
Nice central location to all the main restaurants and shops and about a 15 minute walk to the beach.
The star attraction is the privacy of the villa. Secluded and away from anyone else. Well maintained rooms, excellent decor and facilities. Would definetly recommend for the actual villa to get away from everything and has all the facilities of a high end luxury villa.

Only criticism is its a bit of a walk from the villa to the main reception (5 minutes). Doesn't seem like much,but can get on your nerves when going back and forth from reception. Breakfast was also below average. Buffet was stale and food looked like it been left out for a while. Nets over fruit had holes in, fruit juices not fresh etc..

Overall a lovely villa, just avoid breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We stayed at La Villais for 4 days 3 nights and we had a nice time. The villa as big, kept clean and had its own pool. We travelled with a baby and I am a pumping mummy, so I was a little dismayed to find out that the tap water was not suitable for consumption and was unable to wash my pump parts and baby bottles with it. The villa provides a 6L gallon of bottled water via a dispenser but it was too much hassle transporting the water to the clean sink in the bathroom.
The staff were very understanding and offered to wash my milk bottles for me using their drinking water from their bar. I demonstrated to them the right and clean way of washing bottles and they followed my instructions and delivered the bottles to my villa once they were done. They did that a few times in one day. They understood that babies are sensitive and need their bottles to be clean and hygienic. I am very pleased with this personal touch in their service! This is what I called going the extra mile. I also loved the fact that they provided a baby cot with clean bedsheets and bedside protectors. My baby slept very well in it.

Overall pleasant but some downs. Tried the spa which was disappointing. Breakfast spread was only average. And the beach was pretty far to be conveniently accessible by a family with baby but I guess I should have chosen a beachfront villa for that purpose.

Otherwise the staff was friendly and they loved playing with my baby:) Do remember to bring along insect repellant as the mosquitos are a plenty and really hungry!

Room Tip: We had villa 12, the first villa from the breakfast area. No need to walk very far ;)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Room, pool, facilities - clean and lovely! Service - fantastic! We were treated like royalty. Staff - wonderful - from the gardeners to housekeeping to restaurant, reception and drivers, every time you passed you would be greeted warmly. I loved that the staff appeared to genuinely enjoy working at La Villais. The atmosphere was always welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. I've been home 3 days and I miss you, La Villais! I would be back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Loved the villa - pool was beautiful and clean it had an outside shower, house cleaning was great not too intrusive and if you passed on the house keeping they always called before leaving at the end of the day if they missed your room to check you wanted it done, Bed was comfy, Bathroom was really nice, clean and had everything you needed. BREAKFAST - personally it was terrible we actually choose to go and eat elsewhere for our stay... (grocer and grind is like ten min walk – 2 min scooter – great break and food) I would have preferred a simple breakfast menu instead of the "Budget Buffet" - However the room service wasn’t even a 1 out of ten, it took forever I had to call and ask where my food was, then it was cold, I refused to pay for the steak as it was cold and way over cooked. Lucky for us we enjoy eating out, and had a motor bike so we could jump on the bike and everything was close and easy to get to, plus so much yummy restaurants to try.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shann0nMarie
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I got a great deal on a one bedroom villa on wotif.com and could not be happier. I had six nights in my own one bedroom pool villa and it was fantastic. The staff are really friendly and helpful, the villa well appointed, the pool - about 1.5 metres deep, fantastic (took to watching television from the pool at night :) ) and the bathroom is just divine. The free wifi was also good, though the signal strength lagged a bit at times. Of my minor criticisms, breakfast is okay - more healthy options would be good. There is a bit of upsell from the staff for spa and restaurant services. The spa is expensive, even with the resident discount (the Cool Day Spa around the corner much better value). Also, the villas take families - having your own villa you don't see or hear the kids and the ones around at breakfast were well behaved, but for those looking for a child free establishment, this is not one. But other than these minor things, I had a ball here and would not hesitate to recommend the place.

Room Tip: It can be a LONG walk to some of the villas. There are golf carts to help.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PandoraBehr
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We decided to go on a Bali getaway for her birthday. We found a fantastic deal for a pool villa that included breakfast, airport transfer pick up, welcome fruits basket and spa/food & beverage discount etc at a ridiculously cheap rate!!!

We had a fantastic stay at this beautiful property. Loved the one bedroom villa with private pool. The hotel grounds is gorgeous. The staff are just lovely!! We came to Bali for a relaxing holiday and this is what the hotel gave us. I highly recommend the hotel to anyone looking at staying in a quiet and secluded location. Seminyak is just lovely! We used the hotel shuttle a couple times.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking at booking in Seminyak.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family