What a shame - false advertising and disappointing.
My husband and I recently stayed here as part of our honeymoon. We had stayed here two years ago and loved it so much we returned. Boy was that a mistake - the place has dropped it's standards massively. Firstly, major renovations were underway, and they had not bothered to let us know, meaning we were left on our own to work out how to find the main entrance. We got a bit of a shock to see the front of the hotel being demolished and only knew to instruct our driver to drive around the block because we had stayed here before.
Due to the renovations, not a single one of the photographs on the hotel website or booking.com are accurate - theres no main pool, the main lobby is now a dingy room, as is the dining area (we only ate breakfast here once because of this), and the spa has been moved into a small villa and didn't look appealing so we didn't bother with it.
In addition, the ongoing construction noise in the background was annoying and the place badly needs maintenance and overall just looks dingy. Security was also a concern for us due to the access to the property via construction site entrances. Also, due to the temporary entrance being around the block, the walk to the main street is now about ten minutes further. Not a huge deal for us being young and fit but it was just annoying.
While the staff were indeed friendly, they weren't that helpful and were in fact quite disorganised. Yes they were polite and said 'hello' and 'sorry' a lot, but we had to ask several times for simple requests like a bed sheet and were without a working telephone for a day which made things like dinner and tour bookings hard.
The breakfast food was really quite unappealing as was the area it was served in and we only ate at the hotel once.
Very expensive - in my opinion it's overpriced considering the ageing and unmaintained facilities and the amount of competition in the area, shop around and you should be able to find a better deal in a nice place.
We would definitely return to Bali and Seminyak as we love the place, but definitely would not stay at LaVillais again, nor would I recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Elegantly decorated, Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak is located just a 5-minute stroll from from Seminyak Square. Featuring luxurious villas with private pools, it has a garden and restaurant. Free shuttles to Kuta and Petitenget Beach are available. Free WiFi is available in all areas. Featuring dark wood furnishings, spacious bedrooms in the villas open out to views of the private pool. Villas are equipped with flat-screen TV, iPod dock and CD/DVD player. Each villa also features a minibar and fully equipped kitchen fitted with a microwave as well as a refrigerator. Large en suite bathrooms come with shower, hairdryer and free toiletries. Offering views of the pool, Star Cafe Restaurant and The View Rooftop Bar serves a la carte and buffet Indonesian hot meals as well as light refreshments. Other dining options can be found 15-minute walk from the property. Guests enjoy relaxing massage at Adella Spa or lounging by the out ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Villais Exclusive Villa Hotel Seminyak
- La Villais Exclusive Villa And Spa
- Grand La Villais Villa And Spa Seminyak Bali