“Warm and friendly staff. That's all there is...”

Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak
Ranked #18 of 113 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Warm and friendly staff. That's all there is...”
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The staff in general were very friendly, all smiles. Most would greet you when they bumped into you. Only the security was more peculiar - he sheltered me with an umbrella from the lobby to the car and left me in the rain before i even reached the car.

Location is not exactly very accessible, had to ask a few taxi drivers before we got one who ever heard of the villa, and even then took some time to find it.

It says free shuttle but actually there was only one shuttle for the entire resort. We had to either wait for 2 hours before one was available or take a taxi with stipulated minimum of rp.25k.

For the price we are paying for the room, we could have gotten something much more luxurious elsewhere. The only things good about the villa were the considerably big private pool and the marbled toilet. The daybed was leaking when raining and the 2 lounging chairs were left to rot in one corner of the villa. Breakfast was almost inedible we did not really touch it.

Overall for this price i would recommend other villas around.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nelly K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just returned on 11th Dec 2013. Service was great, staff very polite. Noise during renovation did not bother me much, but however, the power for my villa kept going off, happened 1-3 times each day. The light by the pool shower and outdoor pavilion were faulty. Wished the breakfast had more variety, however they kindly cooked chicken sausages for us when I told them my boyfriend could not take beef. Overall a pleasent and clean villa. I wished they would touch up the villas though, they were well worn , but nothing a fresh coat of paint will not solve. Would I stay here again? Definitely.

Room Tip: ask them for rooms closer to the reception
2 Thank Jasthm
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013

It is our 4th stay at La Villais & it was perfect, when I booked they advised me they were having renovations but you would never know as we did not hear or see anything. They have built a temporary reception and restaurant so if you had not been here before then you would never know the renovations were happening. The renovations are all located at one end of the complex and fenced off completely so you can not even see what is happening. Just booked to come back in February & June 2014 and can not wait to see the the changes later in 2014 when we come again. We come here regularly for business and holidays and love that the staff are all Balinese and of course SUPER friendly. I must note that I am super fussy with my mattress and after my first night I decided I wanted something softer so I told them when they cleaned my room and within 10 minutes a choice of mattresses and the one I have now is perfect. That is what I love nothing is too much and when you are happy so are they!

Room Tip: Rooms on B side are the best I think
2 Thank MandyRicho
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our stay at la villais was outstanding. The standard of comfort in the villas is very high and as described they are very private. However , the dominant feature of our stay was the standard of service from the manager and his entire team.
I have seen reviews about construction work , but I can say neither my wife nor
I have seen or heard any evidence of any work at all .
The manager is on site and very available to all guests every day should there be
a problem , but truly I could not find anything I would ask him to change .

2 Thank Des F
KL
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Location is fairly close to the main seminyak. But it's one of those too far to walk in the day because it's hot. But too dark at night. So you might still end up spending some money on taxi. Very close to the top restaurants in seminyak and beach club. Like 5 mins taxi.
Service is good, villa is big, very comfortable. However due to the construction ongoing therefore the outdoor area of the villa is a bit dusty. Apart from that fall back, all is good.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Caleb S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 November 2013

These villas are located within 100 - 150metres of the famous Seminyak 'eat street'.

The villas by appointment are comparable (or better) to most around the Seminyak area, however the location of La Villais is what really distinguishes it from the others.

I stayed at La Villais for over one week and found the staff very personable and accommodating, with the daily breakfast included in my rate (albeit basic). I stayed in Villa 23 which enjoyed plenty of sunshine though the day and was located approximately half way down the row of Villas from the temporary entry/reception (the property is developing at the far end of the block to include hotel style rooms in additional to the numerous villas).

The bathrooms at La Villais are air-conditioned which was a nice comfort compared to the many outdoor bathrooms where you sweat away while trying to get ready after a shower - there was also an external poolside shower which was also handy.

I understand this property is affiliated with Aria Executive Villas which are also located in Seminyak (closer to Potato Head), I stayed at Aria for a few nights but La Villais wins hands down on appointments and location.

Highly recommended and will be returning for future Bali stays.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank HarveyJayJay
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My partner and I have come to Bali a few times previously to this visit. This was our first stay at La Villais and we could not recommend it highly enough!
Everything was fantastic! The staff went far and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible! We stayed in a one bedroom pool villa and we're extremely impressed with the overall cleanliness and serenity our villa provided us. Our pool and room were maintained daily and always to a very high standard.
The villas are in very close proximity to lots of fabulous restaurants and shops and if we wanted to visit somewhere a little further out reception were more than happy to provide a free shuttle.
La Villais made our stay in Seminyak memorable and we couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple