“Great, large villa but few distractions ”

Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak
Ranked #21 of 117 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed in this villa and were very impressed. The villa was very nice and was a good size.
The bad thing About our villa was that our villa was being looked in by construction workers everyday.
We were also woken up most night by feral cats. Other than that it was a good place.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Thesandman69

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We spent 8 nights at La Villais over New Year. I cant think of anything negative to say.

We booked at the last minute as our original choice of accommodation was far from satisfactory and to be honest it was pretty much the only place with a vacancy over New Year. But wow did we strike lucky.

Bedrooms were huge, beautifully appointed and well laid out. Bathrooms were just as big, spotless and complete with bath and shower.
Separate lounge/kitchen was comfortable. Private swimming pool large and cleaned every day.

Staff offered a turn down service every night, if we were not home they left us a personal note to let us know they had been.

Everyone working at La Villais behaved like they wanted to be there and they genuinely seemed to enjoy their work. I have never felt so welcome in a hotel, a huge thumbs up from me and my family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jimmyk62
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed for 7 nights at the La Villais and it was a pleasant and enjoyable stay. The villas are very nice and you have quite a lot of space for yourself including a large pool. The staff was friendly (like almost everywhere in Bali) and helpful, although at times you notice that their english is not always good enough.

Two little downsides: 1. the food must be a bit better for a five star resort, and 2. a little makeover of the interior of the villas would be helpful (nothing major, but little things)

Room Tip: Not too far in the back
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank benjamin883581
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The staff in general were very friendly, all smiles. Most would greet you when they bumped into you. Only the security was more peculiar - he sheltered me with an umbrella from the lobby to the car and left me in the rain before i even reached the car.

Location is not exactly very accessible, had to ask a few taxi drivers before we got one who ever heard of the villa, and even then took some time to find it.

It says free shuttle but actually there was only one shuttle for the entire resort. We had to either wait for 2 hours before one was available or take a taxi with stipulated minimum of rp.25k.

For the price we are paying for the room, we could have gotten something much more luxurious elsewhere. The only things good about the villa were the considerably big private pool and the marbled toilet. The daybed was leaking when raining and the 2 lounging chairs were left to rot in one corner of the villa. Breakfast was almost inedible we did not really touch it.

Overall for this price i would recommend other villas around.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nelly K
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just returned on 11th Dec 2013. Service was great, staff very polite. Noise during renovation did not bother me much, but however, the power for my villa kept going off, happened 1-3 times each day. The light by the pool shower and outdoor pavilion were faulty. Wished the breakfast had more variety, however they kindly cooked chicken sausages for us when I told them my boyfriend could not take beef. Overall a pleasent and clean villa. I wished they would touch up the villas though, they were well worn , but nothing a fresh coat of paint will not solve. Would I stay here again? Definitely.

Room Tip: ask them for rooms closer to the reception
2  Thank Jasthm
Reviewed 7 December 2013

It is our 4th stay at La Villais & it was perfect, when I booked they advised me they were having renovations but you would never know as we did not hear or see anything. They have built a temporary reception and restaurant so if you had not been here before then you would never know the renovations were happening. The renovations are all located at one end of the complex and fenced off completely so you can not even see what is happening. Just booked to come back in February & June 2014 and can not wait to see the the changes later in 2014 when we come again. We come here regularly for business and holidays and love that the staff are all Balinese and of course SUPER friendly. I must note that I am super fussy with my mattress and after my first night I decided I wanted something softer so I told them when they cleaned my room and within 10 minutes a choice of mattresses and the one I have now is perfect. That is what I love nothing is too much and when you are happy so are they!

Room Tip: Rooms on B side are the best I think
2  Thank MandyRicho
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our stay at la villais was outstanding. The standard of comfort in the villas is very high and as described they are very private. However , the dominant feature of our stay was the standard of service from the manager and his entire team.
I have seen reviews about construction work , but I can say neither my wife nor
I have seen or heard any evidence of any work at all .
The manager is on site and very available to all guests every day should there be
a problem , but truly I could not find anything I would ask him to change .

2  Thank Des F