“Great location. Great villas. 3 min walk to Eat Street.”

Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak
Ranked #17 of 105 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Great location. Great villas. 3 min walk to Eat Street.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Our villa was a wedding gift from my family, so I can't comment on the prices, but for a couple looking for Rest&Recover but still close to it all, I highly recommend this place!

The villa's were amazing. very clean 1.5m deep private pool. Small kitchen and lounge area. Large bathroom (with it's own aircon). Big day-bed near pool. Huge king-size bed. Beautiful gardens. Staff were all super-friendly and amazing. Breakfast was great: fresh cooked omelet on request, not a large selection of food but enough for lining you tummy each day. I didn't go to the spa but friends/family said it was one of the best they've ever had!

I stayed for 8 nights and it was amazing from start to end. The location is great; no more than 3-5 mins walk to the infamous Eat Street.

TIPS:
> Highly recommend grabbing a heap of business cards from reception, as some taxi's have no-idea where it is. You can get dropped off on Eat Street, as many taxis know that location, and walk to villas. But better to have the cards just in case - for those late nights or after shopping.
> get the massage at the spa!
> they will make up your room every day & evening, so I suggest putting the "do not disturb" sign up for some privacy.

NEGATIVES:
> WIFI! Every-single-time I put my phone to sleep it, it timed out and I had to log in again. So annoying. By the end of the 8 nights was at my ends-wits! Very frustrating.
> I slipped on the tiles and hit the ground, hard! Be very VERY careful in the kitchen area after swimming and raining :'(
> I ordered 2 cars to get to my own wedding and was told "sorry, they booked out", even though I pre-booked them hours before. They did apologize immensely and ordered us taxis but in future double-check everything.

Thank you La Villais! Would definitely go back, and to add to everything we got a small gift on check-out. Very special :)

Room Tip: Due to recent constructions, ask for villas close to East end of villa complex and on "B"...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michelle K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed in this villa and were very impressed. The villa was very nice and was a good size.
The bad thing About our villa was that our villa was being looked in by construction workers everyday.
We were also woken up most night by feral cats. Other than that it was a good place.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Thesandman69
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We spent 8 nights at La Villais over New Year. I cant think of anything negative to say.

We booked at the last minute as our original choice of accommodation was far from satisfactory and to be honest it was pretty much the only place with a vacancy over New Year. But wow did we strike lucky.

Bedrooms were huge, beautifully appointed and well laid out. Bathrooms were just as big, spotless and complete with bath and shower.
Separate lounge/kitchen was comfortable. Private swimming pool large and cleaned every day.

Staff offered a turn down service every night, if we were not home they left us a personal note to let us know they had been.

Everyone working at La Villais behaved like they wanted to be there and they genuinely seemed to enjoy their work. I have never felt so welcome in a hotel, a huge thumbs up from me and my family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jimmyk62
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed for 7 nights at the La Villais and it was a pleasant and enjoyable stay. The villas are very nice and you have quite a lot of space for yourself including a large pool. The staff was friendly (like almost everywhere in Bali) and helpful, although at times you notice that their english is not always good enough.

Two little downsides: 1. the food must be a bit better for a five star resort, and 2. a little makeover of the interior of the villas would be helpful (nothing major, but little things)

Room Tip: Not too far in the back
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank benjamin883581
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The staff in general were very friendly, all smiles. Most would greet you when they bumped into you. Only the security was more peculiar - he sheltered me with an umbrella from the lobby to the car and left me in the rain before i even reached the car.

Location is not exactly very accessible, had to ask a few taxi drivers before we got one who ever heard of the villa, and even then took some time to find it.

It says free shuttle but actually there was only one shuttle for the entire resort. We had to either wait for 2 hours before one was available or take a taxi with stipulated minimum of rp.25k.

For the price we are paying for the room, we could have gotten something much more luxurious elsewhere. The only things good about the villa were the considerably big private pool and the marbled toilet. The daybed was leaking when raining and the 2 lounging chairs were left to rot in one corner of the villa. Breakfast was almost inedible we did not really touch it.

Overall for this price i would recommend other villas around.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nelly K
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Just returned on 11th Dec 2013. Service was great, staff very polite. Noise during renovation did not bother me much, but however, the power for my villa kept going off, happened 1-3 times each day. The light by the pool shower and outdoor pavilion were faulty. Wished the breakfast had more variety, however they kindly cooked chicken sausages for us when I told them my boyfriend could not take beef. Overall a pleasent and clean villa. I wished they would touch up the villas though, they were well worn , but nothing a fresh coat of paint will not solve. Would I stay here again? Definitely.

Room Tip: ask them for rooms closer to the reception
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jasthm
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

It is our 4th stay at La Villais & it was perfect, when I booked they advised me they were having renovations but you would never know as we did not hear or see anything. They have built a temporary reception and restaurant so if you had not been here before then you would never know the renovations were happening. The renovations are all located at one end of the complex and fenced off completely so you can not even see what is happening. Just booked to come back in February & June 2014 and can not wait to see the the changes later in 2014 when we come again. We come here regularly for business and holidays and love that the staff are all Balinese and of course SUPER friendly. I must note that I am super fussy with my mattress and after my first night I decided I wanted something softer so I told them when they cleaned my room and within 10 minutes a choice of mattresses and the one I have now is perfect. That is what I love nothing is too much and when you are happy so are they!

Room Tip: Rooms on B side are the best I think
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple