“Can't praise La Villais highly enough!”

and 1 more site!
Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak
Ranked #20 of 120 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is the first time that I have stayed at La Villais and it was just because I couldn't get into another Villa complex and the usual place that I stay at, Aria, has such a poor road to and from, that I didn't want to stay there, even though I love that place.
The staff were brilliant, the food fantastic, even though not 5 STAR, it was fresh and served promptly, any little thing that wasn't there was brought to me ASAP.
I was a little put off by the entrance / reception area and the decor of the dining room, but was assured that all of this was being rectified as renovations were soon to be under way. These are minor quibbles, as I give 100% rating to La Villais. Nothing was too much trouble for them, I cannot say enough good things aboout the staff, the services and the villas. Just adored everything. The chef and the restaurant staff were superlative and the massage was fantastic.
The drivers were great and Fast Eddie is a gem! A real character and speaks superb English. La Villais gives just that little bit more, which is brilliant in this world of ordinary service. I highly recommend La Villais (even though I secretly hope that it doesn't get too popular so that I can't get in!!!)
I have to say, that being a world traveller and having stayed in many of the top hotels throughout the world, that La Villais is as good as any that I have been lucky enough to have been a guest in.

Room Tip: I couldn't really say, I think most of them would be fine.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kaysiepops
DEWAM, General Manager at Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Kaysiepops,

It’s always a pleasure to receive a positive comment from our guests. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the villa facilities and the service from the staff.

We will surely share this comment to all the team to motivate them in keeping up the highest standard in serving our valued guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you again at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.

Cordially
Dewa Putu Makapagal

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My stay here was definitely not the Bali villa experience that I hoped for. I can compare it to a Bali villa experience, because I spent 4 nights in one a little north of Bali.

It's located on a dingy street that has tons of construction and garbage. There is a short cut through an alley to get to the main shopping street.

Pros
- couple minute walk from the main shopping/dining, but not a pleasant one
- friendly and helpful staff
- mini mart right across the street so you can get some supplies

Cons
- lots of construction going on in and around the property
- villas are poorly maintained and really showing their age, even though they are not that old
- pool must not have been cleaned in a long time, the water was murky
- poor dining and options, the menu has of mistakes on it. Sea Food is Sea Foot?, when it comes to food attention to detail is important.
- poor wifi
- mosquitos (but they provide you with coils and will come and spray the room)

Overall, I was not impressed with this villa. If I were to pass through Seminyak again I would stay at Ize again (new hotel right in the heart of the main street).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank LexEva
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is my 3rd villa experience stay in Bali. Booked a 3 night stay via booking.com. The price was reasonable for a nice huge with deep pool villa stay. What only bothers me is the distance of villa to Kuta & Legian area where all the party takes place. One way trip via Taxi would roughly cost around 50 ribu rupiah & 70 ribu rupiah for a way back to villa late night. Definately not a place for party people. The staff was willing to drive us out to Ultimo Restaurant just outside the alley as we are too lazy & tired to walk out for dinner. Apart from that it's a very nice simple villa to stay in. Staffs are friendly everywhere. Always smiling & always a great help. Unfortunately, part of the villa is under upgrading, was told that it is expected to be ready by this year Oct - Nov with more upgraded villa & hotels. I suppose they are expanding. However the noise doesnt bother us that much. We still have a nice private rest time. Got a few mosquito bites here & there but it's tolerable after a while. Furthermore they provide us with mosquito repellent spray too. Breakfast was simple but can be improved. I prefer breakfast that is served in the villa. All I can say this is an another great villa stay for me. Thanks

Room Tip: Request for a villa that is near to the reception if you are lazy to walk far. I was given a villa t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sridriwina
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Our villa was a wedding gift from my family, so I can't comment on the prices, but for a couple looking for Rest&Recover but still close to it all, I highly recommend this place!

The villa's were amazing. very clean 1.5m deep private pool. Small kitchen and lounge area. Large bathroom (with it's own aircon). Big day-bed near pool. Huge king-size bed. Beautiful gardens. Staff were all super-friendly and amazing. Breakfast was great: fresh cooked omelet on request, not a large selection of food but enough for lining you tummy each day. I didn't go to the spa but friends/family said it was one of the best they've ever had!

I stayed for 8 nights and it was amazing from start to end. The location is great; no more than 3-5 mins walk to the infamous Eat Street.

TIPS:
> Highly recommend grabbing a heap of business cards from reception, as some taxi's have no-idea where it is. You can get dropped off on Eat Street, as many taxis know that location, and walk to villas. But better to have the cards just in case - for those late nights or after shopping.
> get the massage at the spa!
> they will make up your room every day & evening, so I suggest putting the "do not disturb" sign up for some privacy.

NEGATIVES:
> WIFI! Every-single-time I put my phone to sleep it, it timed out and I had to log in again. So annoying. By the end of the 8 nights was at my ends-wits! Very frustrating.
> I slipped on the tiles and hit the ground, hard! Be very VERY careful in the kitchen area after swimming and raining :'(
> I ordered 2 cars to get to my own wedding and was told "sorry, they booked out", even though I pre-booked them hours before. They did apologize immensely and ordered us taxis but in future double-check everything.

Thank you La Villais! Would definitely go back, and to add to everything we got a small gift on check-out. Very special :)

Room Tip: Due to recent constructions, ask for villas close to East end of villa complex and on "B"...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed in this villa and were very impressed. The villa was very nice and was a good size.
The bad thing About our villa was that our villa was being looked in by construction workers everyday.
We were also woken up most night by feral cats. Other than that it was a good place.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Thesandman69
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We spent 8 nights at La Villais over New Year. I cant think of anything negative to say.

We booked at the last minute as our original choice of accommodation was far from satisfactory and to be honest it was pretty much the only place with a vacancy over New Year. But wow did we strike lucky.

Bedrooms were huge, beautifully appointed and well laid out. Bathrooms were just as big, spotless and complete with bath and shower.
Separate lounge/kitchen was comfortable. Private swimming pool large and cleaned every day.

Staff offered a turn down service every night, if we were not home they left us a personal note to let us know they had been.

Everyone working at La Villais behaved like they wanted to be there and they genuinely seemed to enjoy their work. I have never felt so welcome in a hotel, a huge thumbs up from me and my family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jimmyk62
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed for 7 nights at the La Villais and it was a pleasant and enjoyable stay. The villas are very nice and you have quite a lot of space for yourself including a large pool. The staff was friendly (like almost everywhere in Bali) and helpful, although at times you notice that their english is not always good enough.

Two little downsides: 1. the food must be a bit better for a five star resort, and 2. a little makeover of the interior of the villas would be helpful (nothing major, but little things)

Room Tip: Not too far in the back
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple