“Beautiful tranquility for a great price”

and 1 more site!
Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak
Ranked #20 of 120 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I spent 5 nights at La Villais in January. We booked our stay at La Villais through Agoda, so we got a great price for the time of year. Our flight was delayed by four hours and the hotel still graciously went twice to the airport to pick us up.
The villa that we stayed in was absolutely beautiful - spacious, clean, and full of all amenities needed. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large. The pool was refreshing, clean, and our saving grace after each hot day in Bali. It was very quiet in the surrounding area and we really felt a sense of peace, calmness, and tranquility.
The location of the hotel is a bit isolated from Seminyak centre; however, any time we wanted to head into town, there was always someone at the front desk who would drive us there. We just had to find our way back via taxi, which was really cheap, or a few times we just walked.
The staff were friendly and accommodating. Fast Edy was a great guide.
The only issue that we had was, after being in some fairly cold areas prior to Bali (Hanoi and Luang Prabang), we weren't quite prepared for the mosquitos on our first night there. While we used the mosquito net provided in the room, we found that there were some "gaps" between the netting and the wall that were allowing the mosquitoes to enter. We also were unaware of the complimentary mosquito lotion that the hotel provides. We called the front desk in the middle of the night and they quickly sent a group of guys with ladders to help us temporarily patch up the "gaps" with tape. By the time that we arrived back to the hotel the next day, they had fixed the problem by stapling the net to the wall and had provided us with extra lotion to use. We were impressed by the swift action and everything was perfect from then on in.
Overall, our stay was beautiful. I would highly recommend these villas to anyone visiting Bali.

Room Tip: I think all villas will be great. They all seem to look the same.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenWoodsCDN
DEWAM, General Manager at Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear JenwoodsCDN,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.

Pleased to know that you had enjoyable and pleasant stay with us and have passed your comment regarding the "gaps" of our mosquito nett to our department concerns for their awareness.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back in the next future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and it was a fantastic experiance. Nothing was too much for the villas and it was so romantic. The room service was great, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The room was made up each day and in the late afternoon the bed was turned down and the mosquito nets were put around the bed :) This was a lovely touch. We had fresh water each day and the room was fantastic. The Spa is a fantastic experiance also, we paid approx $50 AUS each and had a three hour spa treatment. :) :) Cant go wrong with that at all. Room service was great and each morning you have a buffett brekkie which is included. You can also ask for pancakes or eggs if you like. They are currently doing renovations to the back of the villas so during the day it can be a little loud but nothing bad. Would def recommend staying here. We were a young couple after a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jadeg05

Dear Jadeg05,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We will share your comments with our team. We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Look forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Back to La Villais again, staying last August. Of all the Villas we have stayed at, La Villais is the best all round with what is on offer. Things we look for are an in-house restaurant, close to shopping and other restaurants, comfortable bed, good size fridge, good lounge, two TV’s, kitchen, big bathroom, WiFi, big villa area. All at a good price. At La Villais we loved the very friendly staff, the pool, outdoor area, lounge, the in-house massages, multi TV channels, geckos around the lights at night, frogs. Pool needs to be in the sun, even in Bali a shaded pool gets very cold, all good at La Villais. La Villais drove us most places, if a car was available they would drive us. This is a very good service. It is very nice when the staff remember your name, remember what you want for breakfast. The language barrier can be a problem at times, trying to explain what you need, but this is half the fun.
Con; WiFi always drops out, having to logon again. This can happen ten times a day, even while using the WiFi. It was the same last year and with all my family this year in different villas. So not just our villa, or us. Poor water pressure, pressure pump, on-off all the time. Other villas the same. So hot-cold-hot-cold showers. Needs a bit of maintenance around the villa, but this is Bali so all good. Tiles in the outside lounge area and in the bathroom area are very slippery when wet. Very nice looking but dangerous.
La Villais is still doing lots of renovations at the moment, renovating the main entrance. Should be finished by July 2014. So don't book villas from say 1 to 8 or villas 12 to 16. Builders can see down into ya villa and they seem to work 18 hours a day so noise is a problem. Also a new multi-story building going up next door to the south, not La Villais, so same problem with builders looking straight down in to the villa. Hard to explain villas numbers to avoid. Most villas are OK.
We will be back if the price is right again.

Room Tip: If you book, e-mail La Villais and ask for a villa away from the renovations. Also away from the new...
5  Thank Alcatraz59

Dear Alcatraz59,

I thank you to take the time to write the comments and appreciate that you value our employees.

I recently arrived and we are in the process of improving all services of the hotel through training in English, Service, Housekeeping and Welcoming the guest.

Indeed a new heat pump has been installed to solve that issue. The WiFi, the power supply has been checked in the room you occupied and everything is in order now.

Do apologize that during your stay there was some renovation ongoing, we are glad to know that beside of the renovation you had pleasant stay with us.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is the first time that I have stayed at La Villais and it was just because I couldn't get into another Villa complex and the usual place that I stay at, Aria, has such a poor road to and from, that I didn't want to stay there, even though I love that place.
The staff were brilliant, the food fantastic, even though not 5 STAR, it was fresh and served promptly, any little thing that wasn't there was brought to me ASAP.
I was a little put off by the entrance / reception area and the decor of the dining room, but was assured that all of this was being rectified as renovations were soon to be under way. These are minor quibbles, as I give 100% rating to La Villais. Nothing was too much trouble for them, I cannot say enough good things aboout the staff, the services and the villas. Just adored everything. The chef and the restaurant staff were superlative and the massage was fantastic.
The drivers were great and Fast Eddie is a gem! A real character and speaks superb English. La Villais gives just that little bit more, which is brilliant in this world of ordinary service. I highly recommend La Villais (even though I secretly hope that it doesn't get too popular so that I can't get in!!!)
I have to say, that being a world traveller and having stayed in many of the top hotels throughout the world, that La Villais is as good as any that I have been lucky enough to have been a guest in.

Room Tip: I couldn't really say, I think most of them would be fine.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kaysiepops

Dear Kaysiepops,

It’s always a pleasure to receive a positive comment from our guests. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the villa facilities and the service from the staff.

We will surely share this comment to all the team to motivate them in keeping up the highest standard in serving our valued guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you again at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My stay here was definitely not the Bali villa experience that I hoped for. I can compare it to a Bali villa experience, because I spent 4 nights in one a little north of Bali.

It's located on a dingy street that has tons of construction and garbage. There is a short cut through an alley to get to the main shopping street.

Pros
- couple minute walk from the main shopping/dining, but not a pleasant one
- friendly and helpful staff
- mini mart right across the street so you can get some supplies

Cons
- lots of construction going on in and around the property
- villas are poorly maintained and really showing their age, even though they are not that old
- pool must not have been cleaned in a long time, the water was murky
- poor dining and options, the menu has of mistakes on it. Sea Food is Sea Foot?, when it comes to food attention to detail is important.
- poor wifi
- mosquitos (but they provide you with coils and will come and spray the room)

Overall, I was not impressed with this villa. If I were to pass through Seminyak again I would stay at Ize again (new hotel right in the heart of the main street).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank LexEva
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is my 3rd villa experience stay in Bali. Booked a 3 night stay via booking.com. The price was reasonable for a nice huge with deep pool villa stay. What only bothers me is the distance of villa to Kuta & Legian area where all the party takes place. One way trip via Taxi would roughly cost around 50 ribu rupiah & 70 ribu rupiah for a way back to villa late night. Definately not a place for party people. The staff was willing to drive us out to Ultimo Restaurant just outside the alley as we are too lazy & tired to walk out for dinner. Apart from that it's a very nice simple villa to stay in. Staffs are friendly everywhere. Always smiling & always a great help. Unfortunately, part of the villa is under upgrading, was told that it is expected to be ready by this year Oct - Nov with more upgraded villa & hotels. I suppose they are expanding. However the noise doesnt bother us that much. We still have a nice private rest time. Got a few mosquito bites here & there but it's tolerable after a while. Furthermore they provide us with mosquito repellent spray too. Breakfast was simple but can be improved. I prefer breakfast that is served in the villa. All I can say this is an another great villa stay for me. Thanks

Room Tip: Request for a villa that is near to the reception if you are lazy to walk far. I was given a villa t...
2  Thank Sridriwina
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Our villa was a wedding gift from my family, so I can't comment on the prices, but for a couple looking for Rest&Recover but still close to it all, I highly recommend this place!

The villa's were amazing. very clean 1.5m deep private pool. Small kitchen and lounge area. Large bathroom (with it's own aircon). Big day-bed near pool. Huge king-size bed. Beautiful gardens. Staff were all super-friendly and amazing. Breakfast was great: fresh cooked omelet on request, not a large selection of food but enough for lining you tummy each day. I didn't go to the spa but friends/family said it was one of the best they've ever had!

I stayed for 8 nights and it was amazing from start to end. The location is great; no more than 3-5 mins walk to the infamous Eat Street.

TIPS:
> Highly recommend grabbing a heap of business cards from reception, as some taxi's have no-idea where it is. You can get dropped off on Eat Street, as many taxis know that location, and walk to villas. But better to have the cards just in case - for those late nights or after shopping.
> get the massage at the spa!
> they will make up your room every day & evening, so I suggest putting the "do not disturb" sign up for some privacy.

NEGATIVES:
> WIFI! Every-single-time I put my phone to sleep it, it timed out and I had to log in again. So annoying. By the end of the 8 nights was at my ends-wits! Very frustrating.
> I slipped on the tiles and hit the ground, hard! Be very VERY careful in the kitchen area after swimming and raining :'(
> I ordered 2 cars to get to my own wedding and was told "sorry, they booked out", even though I pre-booked them hours before. They did apologize immensely and ordered us taxis but in future double-check everything.

Thank you La Villais! Would definitely go back, and to add to everything we got a small gift on check-out. Very special :)

Room Tip: Due to recent constructions, ask for villas close to East end of villa complex and on "B"...
3  Thank Michelle K