“There's no need to look, or book, anywhere else”

Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak
Ranked #18 of 112 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Adelaide
“There's no need to look, or book, anywhere else”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had previously spent three glorious weeks here in 2012 and spent another two weeks in March 2014. You can feel the friendliness the moment you walk into reception and that doesn't change -all of the staff are sensational - extremely friendly, courteous and obliging. The breakfast staff, the cleaners (if you see them), the gardeners and Management all go out of their way to help.

We have been to Bali many times and prior to 2012 had stayed at resorts (Padma and Nusa Dua Beach resort etc to name a couple) Those places are extremely good but for us nothing beats the peace, tranquility, privacy and friendly helpful employees of this resort. We have done most of the tourist "things" so for us we want peace and privacy - We would go down to breakfast and when we got back our room was cleaned. When we left the Villa the staff on reception would ask where we were going and whether it be down for Dinner or to the tailor or into Kuta they ALWAYS asked if we would like to be driven. And a couple of times when a driver wasn't available they paid for a taxi. This is customer service at its best.

I submitted a review on LaVillais in 2012 and for memory I said "the worst thing about LaVillais was leaving" and this comment is still very true. We celebrated my Birthday while we were away - my wife hadn't told them but they knew and all the breakfast staff brought out a cake and sang to me much to my embarassment but it was fun.

Do yourself a favour, celebrate anything you like and have a romantic dinner. The staff make you feel like a million dollars - they cook for you, they rearrange your entertaining area, they fill your pool with 10kgs of flowers, there are tea lights everywhere - it is an amzing experience and while you are down for breakfast the next morning it is all cleaned up.

I could go on and on however I think you get the feeling we love this place and we do.

We are more than happy to expand on any of these comments so please feel free to contact us if needed.

To ALL the staf a BIG thank you for making our holiday so memorable.

Alan & Victoria
Adelaide

Room Tip: If you want a tan, try and get a room with the sun beds facing the afternoon sun - go out in the mor...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank VicnAl
DEWAM, General Manager at Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Warmest greeting from La Villais ... a place to be in Seminyak.

On behalf of management and staff, I would like to thank you for staying at La Villais and commented so positively on us.

We appreciated that you have been spent the time to write and to post such a good review on TripAdvisor where it is very valuable to us to maintain and provide personalized services. Your positive feedback allows us to know our efforts are appreciated and you’re enjoying your stay with us. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well. We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our product and service.

Once again, thank you for the feedback! We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last.

Dewa Putu Makapagal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

La Villais is such a beautiful resort, we were surprised at how awesome our villa was when we arrived! Beautiful bedroom and bathroom area with an outside kitchen and living area with our own private pool in between. The breakfast is lovely, it definitely set is up for the day!

We are getting our massage today that was included with our booking which I'm sure will be very relaxing. The best part of this place are it's employees, everyone is so happy and give us beautiful smiles when we see them.

Hope to come back again!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank HappyAdvisorMT
DEWAM, General Manager at Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear HappyAdvisorMT,

I thank you to take the time to write a review and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed we are striving to improve our services and facilities and there is much room for improvement.

Nevertheless as you rightfully said it, our employees play a very important role in the success of the villa.

It is encouraging for all of us to know that you value our performance and it will serve as an encouragement to continue our efforts.

I wish to welcome you back in the near future to experience the hospitality we are known for.

Vancouver
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I spent 5 nights at La Villais in January. We booked our stay at La Villais through Agoda, so we got a great price for the time of year. Our flight was delayed by four hours and the hotel still graciously went twice to the airport to pick us up.
The villa that we stayed in was absolutely beautiful - spacious, clean, and full of all amenities needed. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large. The pool was refreshing, clean, and our saving grace after each hot day in Bali. It was very quiet in the surrounding area and we really felt a sense of peace, calmness, and tranquility.
The location of the hotel is a bit isolated from Seminyak centre; however, any time we wanted to head into town, there was always someone at the front desk who would drive us there. We just had to find our way back via taxi, which was really cheap, or a few times we just walked.
The staff were friendly and accommodating. Fast Edy was a great guide.
The only issue that we had was, after being in some fairly cold areas prior to Bali (Hanoi and Luang Prabang), we weren't quite prepared for the mosquitos on our first night there. While we used the mosquito net provided in the room, we found that there were some "gaps" between the netting and the wall that were allowing the mosquitoes to enter. We also were unaware of the complimentary mosquito lotion that the hotel provides. We called the front desk in the middle of the night and they quickly sent a group of guys with ladders to help us temporarily patch up the "gaps" with tape. By the time that we arrived back to the hotel the next day, they had fixed the problem by stapling the net to the wall and had provided us with extra lotion to use. We were impressed by the swift action and everything was perfect from then on in.
Overall, our stay was beautiful. I would highly recommend these villas to anyone visiting Bali.

Room Tip: I think all villas will be great. They all seem to look the same.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JenWoodsCDN
Dear JenwoodsCDN,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.

Pleased to know that you had enjoyable and pleasant stay with us and have passed your comment regarding the "gaps" of our mosquito nett to our department concerns for their awareness.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back in the next future.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and it was a fantastic experiance. Nothing was too much for the villas and it was so romantic. The room service was great, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The room was made up each day and in the late afternoon the bed was turned down and the mosquito nets were put around the bed :) This was a lovely touch. We had fresh water each day and the room was fantastic. The Spa is a fantastic experiance also, we paid approx $50 AUS each and had a three hour spa treatment. :) :) Cant go wrong with that at all. Room service was great and each morning you have a buffett brekkie which is included. You can also ask for pancakes or eggs if you like. They are currently doing renovations to the back of the villas so during the day it can be a little loud but nothing bad. Would def recommend staying here. We were a young couple after a romantic getaway.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jadeg05
Dear Jadeg05,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We will share your comments with our team. We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Look forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Bali.

Wongan Hills, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Back to La Villais again, staying last August. Of all the Villas we have stayed at, La Villais is the best all round with what is on offer. Things we look for are an in-house restaurant, close to shopping and other restaurants, comfortable bed, good size fridge, good lounge, two TV’s, kitchen, big bathroom, WiFi, big villa area. All at a good price. At La Villais we loved the very friendly staff, the pool, outdoor area, lounge, the in-house massages, multi TV channels, geckos around the lights at night, frogs. Pool needs to be in the sun, even in Bali a shaded pool gets very cold, all good at La Villais. La Villais drove us most places, if a car was available they would drive us. This is a very good service. It is very nice when the staff remember your name, remember what you want for breakfast. The language barrier can be a problem at times, trying to explain what you need, but this is half the fun.
Con; WiFi always drops out, having to logon again. This can happen ten times a day, even while using the WiFi. It was the same last year and with all my family this year in different villas. So not just our villa, or us. Poor water pressure, pressure pump, on-off all the time. Other villas the same. So hot-cold-hot-cold showers. Needs a bit of maintenance around the villa, but this is Bali so all good. Tiles in the outside lounge area and in the bathroom area are very slippery when wet. Very nice looking but dangerous.
La Villais is still doing lots of renovations at the moment, renovating the main entrance. Should be finished by July 2014. So don't book villas from say 1 to 8 or villas 12 to 16. Builders can see down into ya villa and they seem to work 18 hours a day so noise is a problem. Also a new multi-story building going up next door to the south, not La Villais, so same problem with builders looking straight down in to the villa. Hard to explain villas numbers to avoid. Most villas are OK.
We will be back if the price is right again.

Room Tip: If you book, e-mail La Villais and ask for a villa away from the renovations. Also away from the new...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Alcatraz59
Dear Alcatraz59,

I thank you to take the time to write the comments and appreciate that you value our employees.

I recently arrived and we are in the process of improving all services of the hotel through training in English, Service, Housekeeping and Welcoming the guest.

Indeed a new heat pump has been installed to solve that issue. The WiFi, the power supply has been checked in the room you occupied and everything is in order now.

Do apologize that during your stay there was some renovation ongoing, we are glad to know that beside of the renovation you had pleasant stay with us.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is the first time that I have stayed at La Villais and it was just because I couldn't get into another Villa complex and the usual place that I stay at, Aria, has such a poor road to and from, that I didn't want to stay there, even though I love that place.
The staff were brilliant, the food fantastic, even though not 5 STAR, it was fresh and served promptly, any little thing that wasn't there was brought to me ASAP.
I was a little put off by the entrance / reception area and the decor of the dining room, but was assured that all of this was being rectified as renovations were soon to be under way. These are minor quibbles, as I give 100% rating to La Villais. Nothing was too much trouble for them, I cannot say enough good things aboout the staff, the services and the villas. Just adored everything. The chef and the restaurant staff were superlative and the massage was fantastic.
The drivers were great and Fast Eddie is a gem! A real character and speaks superb English. La Villais gives just that little bit more, which is brilliant in this world of ordinary service. I highly recommend La Villais (even though I secretly hope that it doesn't get too popular so that I can't get in!!!)
I have to say, that being a world traveller and having stayed in many of the top hotels throughout the world, that La Villais is as good as any that I have been lucky enough to have been a guest in.

Room Tip: I couldn't really say, I think most of them would be fine.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Kaysiepops
Dear Kaysiepops,

It’s always a pleasure to receive a positive comment from our guests. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the villa facilities and the service from the staff.

We will surely share this comment to all the team to motivate them in keeping up the highest standard in serving our valued guests.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you again at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My stay here was definitely not the Bali villa experience that I hoped for. I can compare it to a Bali villa experience, because I spent 4 nights in one a little north of Bali.

It's located on a dingy street that has tons of construction and garbage. There is a short cut through an alley to get to the main shopping street.

Pros
- couple minute walk from the main shopping/dining, but not a pleasant one
- friendly and helpful staff
- mini mart right across the street so you can get some supplies

Cons
- lots of construction going on in and around the property
- villas are poorly maintained and really showing their age, even though they are not that old
- pool must not have been cleaned in a long time, the water was murky
- poor dining and options, the menu has of mistakes on it. Sea Food is Sea Foot?, when it comes to food attention to detail is important.
- poor wifi
- mosquitos (but they provide you with coils and will come and spray the room)

Overall, I was not impressed with this villa. If I were to pass through Seminyak again I would stay at Ize again (new hotel right in the heart of the main street).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends