“Another great stay”

Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak
Ranked #20 of 116 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just left La Villais after a week long stay. We first stayed at the villas two years ago and enjoyed our stay even more this time. I have read lots of reviews of the villas and it seems the management have too. We saw significant improvements in the breakfast and spa areas. There's lots more variety of breakfast items, cold dishes are kept on ice and hot dishes kept hot. Eggs are expertly cooked to your liking and the banana pancakes are delicious. Last time we were here we were less impressed with the spa facilities and service. It has been cleverly relocated into a converted villa. The massages were first class!
Some reviewers have made mention of the building works at what was the entrance area to the villas. The building works had no impact on our stay whatsoever and are being sensitively managed to minimise disturbance. We heard a few hammer blows..no big deal at all.
The villas themselves remain peaceful oases in the hustle and bustle of Seminyak. The best aspects remain the private pool and the privacy! Your villa very quickly feels like a home away from home. Your private pool is much more than the tiny plunge pools offered by some much more expensive villa operations and is cleaned daily.
At the special prices often offered that include breakfast, spa and hotel pick up features La Villais is an absolute bargain!
Staff at La Villais are wonderful. A broken sun lounge was replaced in minutes and every query and concern dealt with efficiently and promptly. Thanks to Edy for arranging transport to our accomodation in Ubud! Special thanks to Ketut who entertained us with his wonderful towel 'sculptures'. Once he saw my wife's rather feeble attempts to replicate his efforts he delivered a different sculpture each day!
Is La Villais 5 star I the manner of flash international hotels? No. Does it deliver a 5 star experience? in so many ways ???yes.
Unfortunately I have had to write the review on my wife's behalf as , two days after we left La Villais, she broke her ankle at our hotel in Ubud and is currently in hospital in Kuta. Sadly we will have to shorten out Bali holiday. Thanks to all at la Villais from " Mr Chris" and Kay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kckc_11
DEWAM, General Manager at Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear kckc_II

Thank you for your encouraging comment. We are very pleased to hear your stay was beyond your expectations.

We will surely share this comment to all the team to motivate them in keeping up the highest standard in serving our valued guests.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back “home” and experience memorable moments with us in the center of Seminyak.

Again, thank you very much...and please feel free to drop me email prior to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had previously spent three glorious weeks here in 2012 and spent another two weeks in March 2014. You can feel the friendliness the moment you walk into reception and that doesn't change -all of the staff are sensational - extremely friendly, courteous and obliging. The breakfast staff, the cleaners (if you see them), the gardeners and Management all go out of their way to help.

We have been to Bali many times and prior to 2012 had stayed at resorts (Padma and Nusa Dua Beach resort etc to name a couple) Those places are extremely good but for us nothing beats the peace, tranquility, privacy and friendly helpful employees of this resort. We have done most of the tourist "things" so for us we want peace and privacy - We would go down to breakfast and when we got back our room was cleaned. When we left the Villa the staff on reception would ask where we were going and whether it be down for Dinner or to the tailor or into Kuta they ALWAYS asked if we would like to be driven. And a couple of times when a driver wasn't available they paid for a taxi. This is customer service at its best.

I submitted a review on LaVillais in 2012 and for memory I said "the worst thing about LaVillais was leaving" and this comment is still very true. We celebrated my Birthday while we were away - my wife hadn't told them but they knew and all the breakfast staff brought out a cake and sang to me much to my embarassment but it was fun.

Do yourself a favour, celebrate anything you like and have a romantic dinner. The staff make you feel like a million dollars - they cook for you, they rearrange your entertaining area, they fill your pool with 10kgs of flowers, there are tea lights everywhere - it is an amzing experience and while you are down for breakfast the next morning it is all cleaned up.

I could go on and on however I think you get the feeling we love this place and we do.

We are more than happy to expand on any of these comments so please feel free to contact us if needed.

To ALL the staf a BIG thank you for making our holiday so memorable.

Alan & Victoria
Adelaide

Room Tip: If you want a tan, try and get a room with the sun beds facing the afternoon sun - go out in the mor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VicnAl

Warmest greeting from La Villais ... a place to be in Seminyak.

On behalf of management and staff, I would like to thank you for staying at La Villais and commented so positively on us.

We appreciated that you have been spent the time to write and to post such a good review on TripAdvisor where it is very valuable to us to maintain and provide personalized services. Your positive feedback allows us to know our efforts are appreciated and you’re enjoying your stay with us. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well. We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our product and service.

Once again, thank you for the feedback! We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future and certainly hope that your next stay will be as enjoyable as the last.

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

La Villais is such a beautiful resort, we were surprised at how awesome our villa was when we arrived! Beautiful bedroom and bathroom area with an outside kitchen and living area with our own private pool in between. The breakfast is lovely, it definitely set is up for the day!

We are getting our massage today that was included with our booking which I'm sure will be very relaxing. The best part of this place are it's employees, everyone is so happy and give us beautiful smiles when we see them.

Hope to come back again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank HappyAdvisorMT
DEWAM, General Manager at Grand La Villais Villa and Spa Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear HappyAdvisorMT,

I thank you to take the time to write a review and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed we are striving to improve our services and facilities and there is much room for improvement.

Nevertheless as you rightfully said it, our employees play a very important role in the success of the villa.

It is encouraging for all of us to know that you value our performance and it will serve as an encouragement to continue our efforts.

I wish to welcome you back in the near future to experience the hospitality we are known for.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I spent 5 nights at La Villais in January. We booked our stay at La Villais through Agoda, so we got a great price for the time of year. Our flight was delayed by four hours and the hotel still graciously went twice to the airport to pick us up.
The villa that we stayed in was absolutely beautiful - spacious, clean, and full of all amenities needed. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was large. The pool was refreshing, clean, and our saving grace after each hot day in Bali. It was very quiet in the surrounding area and we really felt a sense of peace, calmness, and tranquility.
The location of the hotel is a bit isolated from Seminyak centre; however, any time we wanted to head into town, there was always someone at the front desk who would drive us there. We just had to find our way back via taxi, which was really cheap, or a few times we just walked.
The staff were friendly and accommodating. Fast Edy was a great guide.
The only issue that we had was, after being in some fairly cold areas prior to Bali (Hanoi and Luang Prabang), we weren't quite prepared for the mosquitos on our first night there. While we used the mosquito net provided in the room, we found that there were some "gaps" between the netting and the wall that were allowing the mosquitoes to enter. We also were unaware of the complimentary mosquito lotion that the hotel provides. We called the front desk in the middle of the night and they quickly sent a group of guys with ladders to help us temporarily patch up the "gaps" with tape. By the time that we arrived back to the hotel the next day, they had fixed the problem by stapling the net to the wall and had provided us with extra lotion to use. We were impressed by the swift action and everything was perfect from then on in.
Overall, our stay was beautiful. I would highly recommend these villas to anyone visiting Bali.

Room Tip: I think all villas will be great. They all seem to look the same.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JenWoodsCDN

Dear JenwoodsCDN,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.

Pleased to know that you had enjoyable and pleasant stay with us and have passed your comment regarding the "gaps" of our mosquito nett to our department concerns for their awareness.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back in the next future.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and it was a fantastic experiance. Nothing was too much for the villas and it was so romantic. The room service was great, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The room was made up each day and in the late afternoon the bed was turned down and the mosquito nets were put around the bed :) This was a lovely touch. We had fresh water each day and the room was fantastic. The Spa is a fantastic experiance also, we paid approx $50 AUS each and had a three hour spa treatment. :) :) Cant go wrong with that at all. Room service was great and each morning you have a buffett brekkie which is included. You can also ask for pancakes or eggs if you like. They are currently doing renovations to the back of the villas so during the day it can be a little loud but nothing bad. Would def recommend staying here. We were a young couple after a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jadeg05

Dear Jadeg05,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We will share your comments with our team. We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Look forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Back to La Villais again, staying last August. Of all the Villas we have stayed at, La Villais is the best all round with what is on offer. Things we look for are an in-house restaurant, close to shopping and other restaurants, comfortable bed, good size fridge, good lounge, two TV’s, kitchen, big bathroom, WiFi, big villa area. All at a good price. At La Villais we loved the very friendly staff, the pool, outdoor area, lounge, the in-house massages, multi TV channels, geckos around the lights at night, frogs. Pool needs to be in the sun, even in Bali a shaded pool gets very cold, all good at La Villais. La Villais drove us most places, if a car was available they would drive us. This is a very good service. It is very nice when the staff remember your name, remember what you want for breakfast. The language barrier can be a problem at times, trying to explain what you need, but this is half the fun.
Con; WiFi always drops out, having to logon again. This can happen ten times a day, even while using the WiFi. It was the same last year and with all my family this year in different villas. So not just our villa, or us. Poor water pressure, pressure pump, on-off all the time. Other villas the same. So hot-cold-hot-cold showers. Needs a bit of maintenance around the villa, but this is Bali so all good. Tiles in the outside lounge area and in the bathroom area are very slippery when wet. Very nice looking but dangerous.
La Villais is still doing lots of renovations at the moment, renovating the main entrance. Should be finished by July 2014. So don't book villas from say 1 to 8 or villas 12 to 16. Builders can see down into ya villa and they seem to work 18 hours a day so noise is a problem. Also a new multi-story building going up next door to the south, not La Villais, so same problem with builders looking straight down in to the villa. Hard to explain villas numbers to avoid. Most villas are OK.
We will be back if the price is right again.

Room Tip: If you book, e-mail La Villais and ask for a villa away from the renovations. Also away from the new...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alcatraz59

Dear Alcatraz59,

I thank you to take the time to write the comments and appreciate that you value our employees.

I recently arrived and we are in the process of improving all services of the hotel through training in English, Service, Housekeeping and Welcoming the guest.

Indeed a new heat pump has been installed to solve that issue. The WiFi, the power supply has been checked in the room you occupied and everything is in order now.

Do apologize that during your stay there was some renovation ongoing, we are glad to know that beside of the renovation you had pleasant stay with us.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is the first time that I have stayed at La Villais and it was just because I couldn't get into another Villa complex and the usual place that I stay at, Aria, has such a poor road to and from, that I didn't want to stay there, even though I love that place.
The staff were brilliant, the food fantastic, even though not 5 STAR, it was fresh and served promptly, any little thing that wasn't there was brought to me ASAP.
I was a little put off by the entrance / reception area and the decor of the dining room, but was assured that all of this was being rectified as renovations were soon to be under way. These are minor quibbles, as I give 100% rating to La Villais. Nothing was too much trouble for them, I cannot say enough good things aboout the staff, the services and the villas. Just adored everything. The chef and the restaurant staff were superlative and the massage was fantastic.
The drivers were great and Fast Eddie is a gem! A real character and speaks superb English. La Villais gives just that little bit more, which is brilliant in this world of ordinary service. I highly recommend La Villais (even though I secretly hope that it doesn't get too popular so that I can't get in!!!)
I have to say, that being a world traveller and having stayed in many of the top hotels throughout the world, that La Villais is as good as any that I have been lucky enough to have been a guest in.

Room Tip: I couldn't really say, I think most of them would be fine.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Kaysiepops

Dear Kaysiepops,

It’s always a pleasure to receive a positive comment from our guests. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the villa facilities and the service from the staff.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to welcoming you again at La Villais Seminyak - Bali.