“You must try them if you love spa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disini Spa

Disini Spa
Ranked #59 of 116 Spas & Wellness in Seminyak
More attraction details
Owner description: Disini spa has selected the best of Asia's Natural Healing treatments. These heavenly therapies will rejuvenate and relax your body & soul. Each Technique is unique, combine with only the best natural organic ingredient to achieve the ultimate indulgence experience.
Oxford, UK
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“You must try them if you love spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed at Disini and didn't even know the spa was there on site! I thought they only did in-house treatments getting therapists in as each villa has a massage table - how wrong was I.

I skeptically decided to try them as they had special offer for in-house guests including 6 or 8-hour spa package, free airport transfer and late check-out and a meal at Ultimo. I said skeptically as my experience in Bali Green - supposedly no. 1 spa experience in the area, though was cheap, was not up to my expectation and left me feel Bali perhaps not the place for good spas.....

How glad was I to go for the package on the day we were due to leave!

I was recommended the 'Complete Ayurveda Experience' 2.5 hours, 'Truly Balinese Spa Experience' 2.5 hours and a 'Decleor complete facial treatment' to make up the 6 hours that I had before our flight. How weird that they had Decleor facial treatment!! (see my Bali Green review - I honestly didn't even know Disini had that on their list!)

The spa itself is surprisingly big - right at the end of the villas, very leafy entrance with water feature in the middle - I never ventured down as I was in Villa 6 so at the entrance end - approx 100m away....I was lazy and it'd be silly to walk around unnecessarily in that humidity, ok!

Reception was nice but not 100% sure handcraft souvenirs would be appropriate in the middle of the room - I would keep it professionally spa related, they do sell oil and stuff obviously but balinese wood craft (cats etc), ahem probably not. I also saw chairs/big loungers on the other side of the room which I think are for pedi and mani treatments. Perhaps they could just open it up and just have spa products and bigger sofas and tea tables to make the reception area more welcoming like grand spas do.

For main treatments you go to the spa villas - they are about half of the size of the bed/bathroom in a normal villa that we stayed in and consists of a big bath, a toilet/showerroom and massage table in the middle - full length windows overseeing back of the building with trees and pebbles - see pictures. It felt very private and it was very relaxing environment to have spa treatments. No noise at all from outside as they are all small villas around.

The treatments - oh my god - was heavenly. I had to 'endure' full six hours and let me tell you, I enjoyed EVERY part of it.

The Complete Ayurveda Experience started with a foot bath then a massage which involved arms and elbows - very nice and relaxing - just the right pressure for me - of course you can ask to adjust should have like different pressure. It then followed by a heated herbal towel treatment and warm oil dripping on top of your forehead. It sounds like a chinese style torture but it was surprisingly relaxing and I did wonder how the oil didn't spill everywhere! I then got served my fav - ginger tea and little cookies.

Then the Bali Experience began, I think this time it was a bit harder and she really tried to work on the knots in my muscles. Just about the most pressure I could take but felt great afterwards! Once that's done, she started with the spiced body scrub and followed by a indeed very warm body mask - you really could feel the heat from the mixture as soon as she wraps you up in a film. That lasted for 15mins? I was thoroughly marinated...lol. So time for a quick shower and a herbal bath which consisted of Lime, Kaffir Lime leaves, Lemongrass and ginger. Just about all my favourite thai cooking broth!

More ginger tea and cookies while bathing in these gorgeous ingredients. Unfortunately I was running out of time so I could only stayed in the bath for 5-10 mins. When I was ready, I gave them a bell to get the facial treatment started.

It was Decleor as I mentioned and it was just like how I had it last time - cleaning, cleansing with tonic, messaging - didn't have a scrub though which I really wanted. I'm sure it's included but I was really running out of time so had to cut it short unfortunately.

That shows how professional they are with their treatments, they were keen to complete them even though I told them they could cut them a bit shorter if they liked.

Overall, I cannot fault them at all - especially for the money I paid. It may not have the super wow factor like you have when walking into a CHI or a Banyan Tree spa but it was very top mark as an independent spa. The treatments were very very good. Sometimes a good spa experience is down to the details (the environment, the facilities and the processes) not just what's in the package and on all front, I would give them 9.5/10 vs super high end spas and 10/10 value for money.

I enjoyed absolutely every minute of it and would not hesitate taking my friends there when I go back, hopefully next year.

Visited April 2013