“excellence across the board!”
Review of Phil's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seminyak
Phil's Place
Ranked #123 of 430 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have just had the fabulous opportunity to stay at Phil's for two weeks , this much needed vacation became a completely unexpected delight thanks to Phil's place and the guys that run it!
The location is excellent, close to beaches, restaurants, shops and all the best gay bars , but with out any doubt what really makesit fabulous is the actual villa itself and the guys that look after you there. The rooms are well appointed, comfortable and maintained daily to an extremely high standard. The pool is bathed in dappled sunlight and is fabulous to just relax by wih your favorite drink, or enjoy with the new friends you'll meet at Phil's. The guys that look after your stay, create a whole new meaning to "hospitality". What ever your looking to do , either an in house massage(fantastic and great value ) ,or a day tour , shopping or whatever. ..........nothing is to much effort or trouble for these friendly helpful guys! I have worked and run resorts/hotels and tourist accommodation around the world and really understand how much effort it takes to keep guests happy and satisfied, these guys do it with ease and a warm smile, 24 hours a day!
our hearty thanks to Phil and all the guys for the unending help and assistance they gave us, it turned a tired old holiday into one of the most enjoyable, relaxing and satisfying vacations that we have had in many years ! We can not recommend this place enough, but more importantly we can not wait to come back! Guys there is no need to wait any longer, book Phil's place now , it is great value for the money and you'll love it!

Room Tip: Pool room with en suite, was fabulous!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 February 2014

The husband and I stayed at Phil’s place this February (2014) and we’re so pleased we did. Phil is a gracious host who genuinely wants to make sure you have an outstanding time in Bali and at his place.

Not only were we within short walking distance of the gay clubs, shopping and the beach - additionally Phil’s Place is located minutes away from two of the best warungs in the area. (Warung Mimpi and Waring Taman Bambu.)

We found the staff to be just delightful - super courteous and helpful. This was my first time in Bali, and drinks can be a bit expensive, so I’ll say that the mini bar prices at Phil’s are very reasonable.

I was so thankful for the indoor pool to cool off from those hot, humid Bali days - BONUS - the daring can skinny dip.

The bed in the room was wonderfully comfortable with a picturesque view of the indoor pool. The only down point was something Phil had no control over - mosquitos. I’m one of the lucky many that mosies love to bite - we didn’t see the plug in repellant until the 2nd day there (shame face on my part) - but the staff does spray and light coils to keep them at bay.

The breakfast menu varies during the week and both the "American" and Indonesian offerings were super tasty. (They graciously gave me all watermelon for the fruit platter as I'm not a big fan of papaya or honey dew melon.) In other words, if you have a food preference don't be afraid to ask!

We enjoyed the area and the accommodation and would definitely book again - say hi to the turtle when you stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leighsal
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

I was staying in Sanur for a wedding and had a couple of days to fill in before returning home so I thought I try a couple if nights on the wild side of Bali . After a quick look on tripfinder and other sites I contacted Phil's place via email from a net cafe in Sanur and received a clear response within minutes .
My room was booked at a great rate and they also organized to pick me up from Sanur for a very reasonable price.
Right on time the next day I was greeted buy a cheery young guy in a clean air con van and delivered to Phil's place . Although at first I was not to sure about the location ( down a narrow road into an even narrower lane and the into a smaller entrance way ) I was greeted at reception again with a smile and no prob attitude and although not big the place did have a nice sort of homely feel about it .
After a few walk s to the main shopping strip and restaurants and bar area in the daylight I felt quite comfortable walking to and from , night and day but it is handy to find a landmark so you know were to turn .
The bed was good , the breakfast was great , pool very refreshing , the staff were all very friendly and helpfull . great in house massage and great location .
Phil's place is a small cozy quiet place , easy walk to shops and restaurants and night life . Not to far to walk to the beach either . If I am ever in the area again I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank GBeno
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Phils Place is just a delight to stay in. Close to bars and shops and restaurants. The Hotel is beoutique clean tidy and the stsaff are outstanding at every level. The breakfast is felxable and nice. The bar is small and the pool is warming and perfect and has a louge area next to it. NOW the massage is the best I have ever had and is professional form start to end. We stayed there last year when next door construction was under way and it made no differnce at all. We are nbooked in again to stay In APRIL 2014. Excited as this place is perfect for a relaxing holiday and close to Bars we same sex people like, some quiet some crazy but within five minutes walk. Its safe and its secure.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice, to choose one means you miss out on the others
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MOORYwa
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My partner and I stayed here on a trip to Bali and really loved this place! It's like staying at a home away from home and we were lucky to have come across it. Firstly the location is perfect as it is only a short walk from the shopping streets of Seminyak and very close to all the gay bars which are great for a fun night out. The staff here were so welcoming and friendly and special thanks to Dodi and Aldi for being so warm and welcoming. The place only has 5 rooms and we stayed in the upstairs room which was superb with a large bedroom, bathroom with a beautiful shower and bath, and a verandah area which was perfect for relaxing during the day. Also a small downstairs pool which was fantastic. The staff take your breakfast orders the night before and make it for you in the morning whenever you decide to wake up. Staff are there all the time so it is very safe and secure and you can come back from your night out whenever you like knowing you can still get in. They also organised our laundry to be done and had it back the next day. Phil you have an amazing place and we will be back for sure !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foxc1979
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We stay here again over Christmas and received a warm welcome back. The location is perfect for Bars and Beach. Service is above and beyond. Rooms are very clean and breakfast is very good too. Definitely staying again in 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I don't write reviews but Phil's villa is exceptional. The villa is in the heart of Seminyak and very close (walking distance ) to major entertainment and the beach. As soon as you enter the gate, you are greeted with a sense of tranquility as you steps onto the little pond and the Buddha waterfall. The bedrooms are well decorated and more than what I expected for the price. There is the pool in the middle of the villa and a serene back garden, with a well set-up massage gazebo and outdoor showers. But most of all, the owner (Phil) and his staff provide the best service- and will go out of their way to make you feel at home. Highly recommend this villa, and look forward to going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Spartacvs Bali Hotel
#28 of 148 in Seminyak
The Haven Bali
The Haven Bali
#59 of 148 in Seminyak

Been to Phil's Place? Share your experiences!