“Peaceful”

Ranked #73 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Portsmouth
“Peaceful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed for 11 nights recently, the rooms are lovely especially like the day bed in your own courtyard. Rooms were a good size and kept spotlessly clean and staff were always attentive and friendly. Bottled water was provided daily in the bathrooms and there was minibar with drinks and snacks. Bath robes and slippers were provided. Although it is not in the heart of Seminyak there is a shuttle bus to drop you into town. Lots of restaurants in local area. Did not pay for breakfast option but lots of places locally, Flapjacks, Honey Bees and also Gourmet Café. If using taxi's make sure you get a BlueBird taxi and check that they are on the meter, we were stitched up by one of the blue taxi's and paid 70,000 for a trip that should have been 15,000. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank GeorgiePortsmouth
Ivory S, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Hi Mr Georgie,
Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding your stay in Ivory Resort.. I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us.
Please let us know when are you planning your next visit- we will be happy to welcome you again.

Redianis
( Operational Manager )

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Indonesian first
George Town, Penang
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

This is a great little hotel, with nice clean rooms, large comfortable beds, a lovey pool area right in the heart of Seminyak. The staff were super friendly, it was super quiet, and I'll certainly be back. Well done guys, keep the good work up!

Room Tip: I stayed in 2013...very quiet, very clean and the flat screen TV and DVD player were perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Keith H
Ivory R, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Hi Ms Keith,

Thank you very much for you valuable comments regarding your stay with us.
We are very happy to lean that you enjoy your stay and we sure hope to see you back to Ivory in the near future .

San Vitaliano, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Been there for second time.Clean room, free wifi and value for money.
I am impressed with the guest room with private balcony.The swimming pool is rather small, but with enough length to function as a lap pool. The staff from front desk has a very pleasant smile and provide a very good services, Adevia,Gianni,Wayan,Ketut,Agus..Thanks
I will stay in this hotel again for my next holiday to Bali
Very Recommended.....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alessandro F
Dear Mr Alessando,

Thank you very much for you kind comments – our staff remembers you very candidly and they can’t wait to see you back to Ivory again.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for your next booking.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Ivory Resort was great value for money.You can easily walk to restaurants and the beach and they have free shuttle bus to Seminyak town .The hotel provides a very comfortable and cozy stay.The service was excellent especially the front office staff, serviced with a smile.
Highly recommend....

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Arkana37
Dear Sir ,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Ivory – thank you for you kind comments.
We hope to welcome you back with your friends to Ivory resort, very soon.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I do not think this should be called a resort. You get an OK room where the bathroom isn't very clean. Then there is a pool which is ok. But there is no restaurant or bar you can order food or drinks through at any time. Nowhere really to hang out.

The staff needs to communicate better. They tried to charge us different prices every time even though I had already paid a deposit and had a set price. Every time we asked for something they always told me to come back tomorrow. So clearly they lack communication.
I didn't even get my breakfast vouchers as they had no idea.

We booked with breakfast include.Which I must say is the worst breakfast I have ever gotten at any hotel I have been to. Its one piece of beacon (fake-on..don't really know what it was), if you were allergic to egg..too bad you still had to have it. The coffee was filtered coffee not put through a coffee machine just added hot water. Absolutely appalling. We ended up going to a restaurant an paying for a breakfast meal.

I would not recommend this place at all unless you want somewhere just to sleep!

Room Tip: suite at the far back
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melina A
Ivory R, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Ms. Melina,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Ivory Resort. First of all, We would like to say sorry that your recent stay didn’t meet your expectation. I have recheck all data that we have according your reservation in Ivory is as follow :
your original booking was for the 1 deluxe room and 1 junior suites with the extra bed inside + the additional 1 pax breakfast because on your reservation for the breakfast was only for the 2 pax only. Regarding to your comments about the staff tried to charge you different price is not true because we only asked for the rest of the final payment for your room but when we asked you about your additional breakfast and the extra bed you refused to pay and you said it’s included on your reservation which is not including breakfast and it was not including extra bed.

I have just taken over the position of Operation manager in Ivory and I have already implemented intensive staff training and maintenance program of the property.
We are also looking at the new ways to serve the breakfast.

I hope you will give us another chance and will book your stay in Ivory
again- you will be pleasantly surprised.
Once again, I am looking forward to welcome you again.

Your sincerely

Operational Manager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

A quiet hotel conveniently located within short taxi trip to most points of interest. Always use the blue bird taxi with meter. Breakfast is across the road and I would not include breakfast option next time as there are better options close by. Try flapjacks.
Rooms are clean and staff do everything possible with the poorly maintained fixtures and fittings. Really need better standard of maintenance. There is a small safe but it is not bolted to the shelf so look after your valuables
This is no luxury resort but We would stay here again because it is clean and quiet.

Room Tip: All rooms are fine, maybe the rooms at the back are bigger if that's what you want.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wayne S
Ivory R, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Wayne Sunderland ,

Warm Greeting From Ivory Resort Seminyak ,

Thank you very much for your staying with us on 14 - 20 May 2013 and also thank you for your comment for Ivory Resort Seminyak Bali...
Started from July this year we have starting to improving our rooms quality , the services of the staffs to the guests and keep maintaining our properties , and do small touching to give better and better service . including the breakfast will be improving too .

By this comment I invite you to come to stay with us again with better services.

Best Regards,

Redianis ( Anis )
Operation Manager
Ivory Resort Seminyak
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

It was our first time here, we are RVC Timeshare Members, and was looking forward to our stay.
Firstly, I don't think it can be called a resort. You get a room, a pool, and can go for massages. No lazing by the pool ordering lunch and drinks, no dining at the Hotel restaurants, bar etc. You must leave hotel for all of this, unless you don't eat. There are restaurants & bars close by but it is a very busy street and there are no footpaths. We stayed the previous 5 nights at the White
rose Hotel, that is a resort. If you wanted a lazy day, not leave the hotel, then you didn't, it was all
there. The room, 211, was nice but the bathroom could do with a makeover - grouting, etc. Lots of mosquitoes. Secondly, but more importantly, I had a $10 note go missing out of my wallet, a snack bar out of fridge was taken, we don't eat hotel snacks, we buy our own, we had to pay ofcourse, and the night before leaving, i packed our suitcases and my handbag, placing my mobile phone inside into the phone pocket. The morning of checkout we proceeded up to the reception and all our luggage, carry on, and my handbag was brought up by three porters? to us. We were collected by our driver and proceeded to the airport. On arriving I went into my handbag to turn off my phone before the flight to find that my phone was gone, I was very shocked and disappointed, we have never had any reason to mistrust hotel staff, because nothing like this has happenend to us before, and we go to Bali at least twice a year. On arriving home and unpacking a small cosmetic bag that i received with a purchase of Calvin Klein perfume at Perth airport, which was empty, it didn't contain anything, was also gone. Too many things missing to just be a coincidence. It takes the shine off the holiday, it makes you less trustful, and I don't like that, because we love our time in Bali and the people. So, we would recommend that if you want the lazy days around the pool enjoying all that a resort offers, this is not the one for you. Plus, it is a long way out.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lorraine58o
Ivory R, Manager at Ivory Resort Seminyak, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Lorraine58o,

Warm Greeting from Ivory Resort Seminyak Bali

After I have read your comment in Tripadvisor and also your direct email to us .
We did investigation to the staff who related to this cases and including recheck our CCTV ( Camera ) record.

the detail is as follow :
- For room comment , actually starting 1st July we do improving all the room qualities including your complaint , Now it already done 85% and the others still on process.

- For the Kit Kat in Mini Bar that have been charged to you : Our House Keeping Staff always put everything that should put in Mini Bar , the next day if 1 of them decrease it's mean it have been consume by the guest . As we didn't anything from Mini Bar.

- For $ 10 took from your wallet . We have safety box in the room so everything value including wallet should be put in the safety box. and even though when they brought the luggage into lobby they didn't take your money.

- For the Camera or anything that have been lost from your hand bag. : when the the staff took your luggage in the room ( that you said 3 porter ) 1 man of them is our House Keeping Supervisor ( the man that was given the black bag ) . He followed 2 the others staff that brought your luggage into Lobby . according him they didn't take anything from your luggage or from your hand bag. ( we also saw in CCTV record that they didn't anything from your luggage or your handbag.
When in the Lobby I saw that your husband had open your handbag and took something (on CCTV ) after that your driver came . and then My staff helped you to bought the luggage into the car . after all luggage had been token , it CCTV shown " nothing left in our Lobby .

From the above chronologies mean " that all things that had lost was not lost in Ivory Seminyak Area. " . may be lost the other place . it can be in the car or may be in Airport .

It is all.

Thank you very much for your attention and understanding

Best Regards,

Redianis
Operation Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
ibis Styles Bali Petitenget
#69 of 143 in Seminyak
Villa Karisa
Villa Karisa
#75 of 143 in Seminyak

Been to Ivory Resort Seminyak? Share your experiences!