“Smelly Ivory”

Rama Residence Petitenget
Ranked #79 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 4 October 2013

It was our first time in Bali and we booked Ivory Seminyak seeing that it looks relatively decent and nice on the Internet. The main lobby and the outdoor pool were all nice and clean, and with a cute little door that leads through into our room. Everything in the room seems pretty fine until the first night when me and my friends showered...then a bad drainage smell started to linger in our rooms. We tried closing the bathing room doors and even lit up the candles in the bathroom...but sadly to find the drainage smell getting stronger each day. It was so bad that we eventually bought a air freshener at our own expense to spray and clear up the room. I managed to survive the 3nights stay, but would definitely not be back here again for the drainage smell! :X

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Ivory R, Manager at Rama Residence Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear CeciliaNG,

Warm Greeting From Ivory Seminyak Bali…….

Thank you very much for your feedback , Sorry for any inconvenience caused during your staying in Ivory Seminyak Bali , we management would like to improving our services and improving our product to make the guests happy .
Once again , thank you very much for your feedback , Looking forward to hearing your next booking for your next holiday in Ivory Seminyak Bali with better services .

Reviewed 29 September 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a couple of nights. It is a lovely hotel in a very trendy area of Seminkyak. So you are near some lovely cafes and restaurants. Lovely staff, great spa and fabulous room. Downside weak wi-fi connection.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ivory R, Manager at Rama Residence Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Nell 0501,

Warm Greeting From Ivory Seminyak Bali…….
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback , please tell your excellent experience that you have got during your staying in Ivory Seminyak Bali to your friends and families and suggest them to stay in Ivory seminyak Bali for their next holiday.
Once again , thank you very much for your feedback, Looking forward to hearing your next booking for your next holiday in Ivory Seminyak Bali.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Have just returned from another relaxing holiday in Bali and this time at Ivory Villas. This is a very clean tidy and friendly resort and just what I needed. It eould be great if the Restaurant/Bar was utiised as I missed friendly coversation in house. Breakfast across the road was very adequate and location is an resy walk to beach and some stunning restaurants. Staff as usual in Bali very helpful and friendly. Certainly no issues with security or safety of personal property as reported in a previous comment by another guest. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Lynnem785

Dear Lynnem785,

Warm Greeting From Ivory Seminyak Bali…….
Thank you very much for your “Very Good “ feedback , please tell your very good experience that you have got during your staying in Ivory Seminyak Bali to your friends and families and suggest them to stay in Ivory seminyak Bali for their next holiday.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Have stayed at the Ivory 4 times & love it. The rooms are modest, clean, bed so comfy,sheets ,towels changed daily .The staff are so friendly always have great smiles,nothing is an effort for them.POOL IS CRYSTAL CLEAR & very relaxing as no bar which is a bonus.Top location for great restaurants nearby.Pepitos minimart across the road sells everything you may need.Has security also.Love to return to this little gem!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good .
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Susan L
Ivory R, Manager at Rama Residence Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Mrs Susan,

Thank you very much for posting these great comments .
Of course we all happy to hear that you enjoyed your 4th visit in Ivory Resort and you will be coming back soon.
Please don’t hesitate to contacts us, before your arrival so we can assign you favorite room.
Thank you again.

Your sincerely,

Anis Redianis

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 11 nights in a twin room. At first I was a bit reluctant to book, as previous reviews said the rooms were quite dirty and outdated, but this was not the case.

Sure, it wasn't perfect, there was a mouldy smell for the first few days, but it was no big deal. I'd rather that than lack of cleanliness but thankfully, the room was always fresh and clean.

The photos I'd seen didn't do the pool justice, the pool was actually gorgeous and I spent more time by it than I would have thought.

Every now and then we'd run out of soap or have issues with the toilet not flushing well (perhaps fill it with water every now and then if you decide to stay, to help prevent this from happening), but the staff members were always quick and happy to help.

The beds were super comfortable and the TV was great, plenty of channels and the DVD player and surround sound were much appreciated, we spent more time than expected lounging around in bed watching DVDs, originally we didn't think that was going to be an option. For what we were paying for the hotel room, we thought it'd be pretty sub-par, luckily, it was quite pleasant.

Taxi drivers don't always know where the resort is, especially if you are coming back from Kuta or somewhere else not close by. I would always say 'on the same road as Potato Head, but heading away from the beach'. Some of the local Seminyak drivers also didn't know, so I'd say 'near flapjacks.' Always try to take a Bluebird taxi and get them to turn on the meter, or they will more likely than not try to rip you off. A man is generally out the front of the hotel and he is happy to wave down taxis for you, just tell him you want Bluebird. It costs about AUD$1.50 to get to central Seminyak and about AUD$5.50 to get to Kuta from the Ivory Resort in a taxi.

I wouldn't recommend Flapjacks or Honeybeez to dine at, although they are close by, there are many better places on the same road to eat at. Biku is great for breakfast (I found I didn't like many breakfast places), The Deck was also not bad. Potato Head is a novelty to visit for dinner although it is somewhat pricey. Taco Casa across the road is also fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Tarara_x

Dear Ms Tara,

Thank you very much for finding the time to give us some constructive comments about your resent stay in Ivory Resort .
I will personally assure that areas that were less satisfactory during your stay are rectified immediately, so your next visit will be even more pleasant..
Once again, thank you for helping us with your comments, so we can improve our facilities and services.

Best regards,

Anis Redianis

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 8 nights. I had airport pick up, welcome massage for 2 people plus 1 hour massage for 2 people plus fruit basket and brekkie. The check in was smooth and I got my room straight away.

The room is of a good size and you have a large flat screen tv as well as a mini surround sound + dvd player. The bed was very comfy and large. The bathroom is a good size, but there was no hot water in the shower it was lukewarm most of the time even if you left the water running for 20 mins and also not much water pressure which was annoying.

I also changed rooms because the inconsiderate people in the next room would always have there music up loud while you try to relax, this happened 3 of the nights so I told reception and they moved me to another room, and they also told the people to keep the music down, which was good.

Breakfast was across the road at The Honey Bees it was a set breakfast and you had 3 choices which got a bit boring after awhile. I always had omlette, toast, fruit & a juice. One morning I paid for Banana Pancake which was about 27,000 rp.

The pool area is nice and the gardens are nice well kept and clean.

I liked staying here but the hotel does not serve food and drink apart from Flapjacks next door and what you have in the mini bar in your room. There is a Pepito supermarket walking distance if you need to buy drinks.

The spa was good and we had 2 lovely massages by the lovely girls there. Would come back just for a massage!

The resort was quiet and it's good if you don't like noise and want a peaceful relaxing holiday this is for you.

The location of this resort is far away from kuta, legian I did walk one day from Legian and it took me more than 1hour, you can walk to Seminyak which you will find restaurants like Biku, Pettignent, Bali Bakery, Sea Circus.

All in all it was a good stay and they staff are lovely and helpful
Thanks to all the staff you are all amazing people.Also to the driver who picked up my husband late at night at the airport which was a delayed flight and waited a long time with me! Thank you so much :)
Kind Regards
Linda(Room 210)

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank addikted2travel
Ivory S, Manager at Rama Residence Petitenget, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Mrs Linda,
Thank you very much for your kind comments about your recent stay in Ivory Resort.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for posting these nice photos of the Resorts.

We are all looking forward to welcome you again very soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for your new booking.

Best regards

Redianis

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights in August, found the room to be clean and spacious, bathroom the same, staff helpful and friendly, a quite place to stay which is why i chose it away from all the noise and traffic not to far from Potato Head, Biku etc. Safe , flat screen TV, good bathroom, nice pool, security, large sofa in small ourtyard attached to each room, will certainly stay there again..enjoyed thanks

Room Tip: Stayed in room 209 excellent in the middle of the single story complex
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jo t

Dear Mr Jo,
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay in Ivory. We specially appreciate your observation about our great location- close to everything, but far from the noise!!
Please, do let us know when you plan your next visit to Bali– It will be be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Best regards