“Perfect for Our Needs”

Ranked #334 of 415 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Kamloops, Canada
“Perfect for Our Needs”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Located a 10 minutes walk from all the action (beach & shopping) in Seminyak. It was tucked off the main strip. Nevertheless, it was still a busy street and traffic was loud. We enjoyed our two nights at this place. The room was spacious and clean with sliding doors out to the pool. There appeared to be less than 10 rooms and we barely ever saw any of the other guests, making it feel as if you had the place to ourselves. The staff always had smiles and made our room up each day. The AC worked great. There was a kitchenette, which we didn't use, but definitely good value for the money. The bathroom always had mosquitoes in it and the sink leaked. However, the water pressure was excellent and had instant hot water - the hottest we've had in Bali! The pool was actually cold and very refreshing after a day of touring.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane
Reviewed 12 October 2013

To name a few: Noisy air con, sink leaked and was unusable, noisy bed, paper thin walls, close to noisy road, next door to local bikie hang out, no screens so lots of Mosquitos ,old, dirty and nasty. And no hot water!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank rush118

Travellers are raving about these Seminyak hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Stayed at Drupadi Studio Apartments for one month during Aug/Sept 2013. Although it was a little run down, the guys were happy to fix my problems. The guys were great and very helpful. For the price we paid for the 2 rooms we had for the month it was great. i had checked out numerous other "studios" and "hotel rooms" for the same period last year in Seminyak and Legian and believe me when you get offered a room somewhere else for $50-$60/night and they are half the size of Drupadi (no kitchenette) and are smelly and old, where the old wooden doors have termites, there is no cable TV or dvd player, NO pool, staff who are poorly trained and DON'T speak english and other problems, you realise that for $26-$30 (AUD) a night at Drupadi is good value. When you stay at those huge 200+ room hotels you don't get the personal touch as you do with the staff at Drupadi, the guys were very friendly and had us in fits of laughter and made the time to make lovely animals, flowers etc on our beds. The only problem was the noise coming from the laundry next door whose workers thought it was a nightclub in Kuta at 2-6am. But the guys talked to them and Rudy spoke to the owner so it was not a major concern.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joelle M
Seminyak, Indonesia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Great location, friendly service.
Spacious room, well maintenaid, free Wifi, swimming pool, reasonable price for short and ,ong stay.
Swimming pool, privacy and service are the must.
Walking distance to the beach and shopping area

Room Tip: All studios are similar
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Changi777
melbourne
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We stayed here for one night before we met more friends and moved to a Villa. Although it was ok for the night I wouldn't recommend this for a long Holiday. There is a medium sized pool. It was clean enough but I wouldn't say it was crystal clear. The rooms were a bit run down, a bit of mould on the walls and rusty taps. Our toilet was also broken on arrival although this was fixed as soon as we asked. The staff were friendly enough although we ddn't see much of them. There was lots of insects around the pool and we did get a few mozzy bites.
It does have potential but it needs a face lift!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ablett1
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I booked a room in January of last year to stay for 5 days or so in March. It required a deposit of $100 to reserve, which I paid immediately. At the start of March, some of my plans changed a bit. I'd E-mailed the owner/manager, Rudi, to see whether I could shorten my stay by a few days. I said that if there were any consequences or my deposit would be forfeited due to a change, I would NOT change my reservation. His response was simply "There is no deposit to forfeit." I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that, but did NOT change my reservation & wrote "I will see you on Monday." When my friend & I arrived on Monday, the staff at reception informed me that there was no room reserved for me. I didn't understand what was going on, as I hadn't changed my reservation. They called the owner/manager, Rudi, who told them that I'd changed my reservation too late, so would be forfeiting the deposit. I argued that I had NOT changed my reservation, though Rudi kept insisting to them on the phone that I had. They apologized, but said that I would have to pay the full amount in order to stay & that my deposit would not be returned to me. Rather than do that, I called a friend who had an available villino at her location, which was much nicer, in the same price range & better situated. (I've kept the E-mails in case anyone would like to see the sequence of events.)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BambiSF
Puerto Princesa, Philippines
Reviewed 5 November 2012

the plant for me was the perfect place for shopping, beach and nightlife, I come four times a year n bali, I was surprised at the large room, m kitchen, big terrace, for little money, nice helpful staff laundry, equal in the neighborhood, super fast wifi, I'm definitely back again

Room Tip: rent a motorbike
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank steve m
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Harris Hotel Seminyak
#333 of 415 in Seminyak
Villa Jineng
Villa Jineng
#409 of 538 in Ubud

Been to Drupadi Studio Apartments? Share your experiences!