“Paradise in Seminyak”
other travellers have booked this property
Garden Area at Sunset Sun Lounges and Dining Area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Garden Area at Sunset
Sun Lounges and Dining Area
Living Area
Dining area looking back to living space
'Brad Pitt' cocktail corner
Looking towards Guest Bedrooms
Water Feature between Dining and Living Room
Water feature between dining and living area
Relax by the Pool to the perfume of Frangipni
Villa Entrance
Main Villa Bedroom
Anyone for 'Teppanyaki'
Villa Maju's Map
Main Bedroom Outside Bathroom
The birds are Happy too!!
Garden to Bedrooms
Garden towards Bedrooms
Towards Bedrooms
Looking towards LivingDining Rooms
Dining Room
Our Chef Welan Getting 'right into it'
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lotsoleum
Adelaide, Australia
“Paradise in Seminyak”
Reviewed 23 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

We've just come home from Bali where we stayed at this villa for 14 days. I first saw this villa when I was surfing the net and thought how stunning it looked, and booked it for myself and my partner, our two teenage boys and my parents to stay for our Bali get away.

On entering the property our jaws just dropped. It is more stunning than the photos on the website. We couldn't believe this was going to be our 'home' for two weeks. We were warmly greeted by the staff, who showed us around and got us settled pretty quickly.

The property consists of separate Bali style 'huts' spread out in a stunning tropical garden, featuring lots of water features and a sparkling pool. The bedrooms are gorgeous, with plenty of wardrobe space, tastefully decorated and the best bathrooms. The bathrooms are indoor/outdoor areas with their own little private garden. The master bathroom even has a pond with fish. We even had small frogs visit us in the shower. Just stunning. And there are plenty of spots around the garden to just relax. The whole layout is very well thought out.

One of the main assets of Villa Maju is the beautiful staff. Komang, Wayan, Tinnie, Rae, Iluy, Welan, another Wayan, Ketut and Kadek the security guys, all looked after us so well, always there to help us with any requests we had. We felt very spoilt. The Balinese people have such a gentle nature, and that is what we experienced with the villa's staff. Anything we needed or wanted was catered for by the staff, any queries were answered and if they didn't know they would find out for us. We also used the villa's driver Kadek for many tours we did, what a great guy and the best driver. Negotiating Bali traffic isn't easy, but Kadek made it look so easy in his mini van which was always kept very clean and nicely air conditioned for us.

One of the high lights of our trip was a dinner we organised to have prepared by Welan and the staff. We chose a traditional Balinese menu, and we were not disappointed. We watched during the preparation, talking recipes with Welan, and then the dining area was set beautifully for our feast. While enjoying our dinner, Welan, Komang, Wayan and Agus played music for us. Really nice touch and a night I will always remember.

The villa is centrally located, walking distance to many restaurants, shops and the beach. Transport is easy to get, the villa staff will call a taxi for you, or you just walk up to the street and plenty of taxis will pass. The restaurants vary, from street vendors to more exclusive restaurants, you can get traditional Balinese/Indonesian food and any cuisine you can think of.

Some of our favourite eating places were Pak Malen which specialised in Babi Guling, roast suckling pig. For 25,000 rupiah you would get pork served five different ways with a generous serving of rice, and its nice and spicy. Next to there is a great little market which has a few food vendors. Try the fried chicken served with spicy sambal, or a bowl of Bakso, chicken soup, or our favourite the fried bananas. And all very cheap. More up market was the Delicious Onion, great little restaurant with a great decor and feel. Delicious food too and all around the 50,000 rupiah mark. Irene's around the corner was also another favourite. Not a huge menu, but all the food we had was delicious, try the tuna steak with Bali spices. Yum.

There are also plenty of Circle K's and supermarkets in the area which were well stocked with just about everything.

I would definitely return to Villa Maju, and will also highly recommend it to people travelling to this area. Its a little haven away from the hustle and bustle of everyday Bali life and it does feel like 'home' when you are there. Thank you to all the staff for making it such a memorable holiday, we hope to see you all soon again. :)

Liked best: The staff
Liked least: A couple of us thought the mattresses were a little bit hard, but the others in our group thought they were fine
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Marcopolo...
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful, spacious villa in a good location”
Reviewed 26 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

The villa is a typical Bali compound with loads of space (800sqm+), comfortable bedrooms with outdoor bathrooms, good sized pool and beautiful gardens. This is the second time we have rented a villa in Seminyak and we almost came unstuck again by the scourge of Seminyak - a building site next door. We had specifically asked about this when booking but the week before we arrived an empty plot next door suddenly fired into life with builders. After an initial tantrum we decided to stay and weather it, luckily they were not at a noisy building phase. To the owners credit she did offer to refund in total if we wanted to move.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The villa manager, Komang, was particularly helpful in the first couple of days when we were talking to the construction team next door. The included breakfasts were sufficient without being unnecessarily large and there is the availability of in house dining but we chose to go out to the restaurants each night.

The location of the villa is excellent, close to shops and the best restaurants in Bali and some fun night spots like Potato Head. It is down a side lane so it is also very quiet at night and a perfect set up for just chilling

In summary this is a great place for a holiday but check whether there is any building going on nearby. And one other thing.....this villa is great value for money.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
26 Aug 2012
Thank you Lucy and Jim for your review - I've been waiting until after your friends came to the villa before responding to your review. I'm very happy to say that we have had "back to back" bookings since you visited us - and we've had no further complaint. Unfortunately there is a lot of construction happening in Seminyak at the moment - and sometimes there could be a bit of noise in an "otherwise very quiet area"!

We're happy that your friends had such a wonderful time and we look forward to welcoming you all back at some stage in the future.

regards Mary
Rian00197...
Sydney, Australia
“A perfect getaway”
Reviewed 19 April 2012 for a stay in September 2011

What a perfect spot for a getaway from the hustle and bustle of the Bali streets, it was a pleasure to come home everyday after sightseeing to relax by the pool.
The tranquil setting of the outdoor area is an awesome start to a day (whilst eating your cooked breakfast) and perfect for pre-dinner drinks by the pool, not to mention a great place to unwind relax and have a massage or a dip in the pool.
The staff are fantastic, they will organise anything you desire and can cook some fantastic dishes. We really liked the suckling pig.
The rooms are set up well, with everything you need, I especially liked the amenities and the open air bathrooms.
We forgot to write in your guest book so we really just wanted to say how much we really enjoyed our stay and that we hope we can come back in the not too distant future.
The only suggestion I have is to have access to a washing machine and drying racks on site, when your staying as long as 10 days, you really need to do some washing, as most of us prefer to do our own washing we would prefer a washing machine on site.

Liked best: The pool
Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Ozmaccas
Shoalhaven, Australia
“a little bit of paradise in bali”
Reviewed 10 March 2012 for a stay in February 2012

we have just returned from a wonderful week at villa maju.didnt want to leave. the photos and description of villa was as advertised. bonus was the staff. mary you should be proud of them. this stay was an aniversary celebration for our family having 50 fantastic years living in australia having migrated from the uk in 1962.couldnt have picked a better place to all come together. the villa was perfect, great location if you couldnt walk to where you wanted to go a taxi or car was only a phone call or hailed at the top of the laneway. a minimart was around the corner to the right, a viennese bakery to the left, great for lunch, main streets of seminyak 5-10 mins. great shopping locally - if you could tear yourself away from the villa. if you did venture out what a wonderful haven to come back to. look forward to coming back to villa maju. thank you to mary and her staff, ray tinny welan komang and weyan (hope the names are spelt right).

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the villa
Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Extended Family
10 Mar 2012
Dear Sandra,

We so appreciate your wonderful comments - we're all trying very hard to deliver the best holiday possible for our guests. I treasure my staff - they're just great. They loved having you stay with - and will certainly remember you when you return one day. Thanks again !!
Melbourne
Reviewed 21 February 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Alison G
PERTH
“Pure Bali Bliss - Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 1 January 2012 for a stay in July 2011

Villa Maju was Pure Bliss! So much so that I really did not have the want to leave the Villa too much!
I travelled with a group of 6 girls and we all were quite overwhelmed when we first arrived. The area was so large and there were so many special details that were added to make it all perfect.
The staff were exceptional and not intrusive at all. They were like a " thought"! If I thought that I wanted a coffee either Welan, Tinny and Rai were there making it! They were there to greet me with the coffe that I like every morning when I woke with their beautiful warm smiles. We didn't have to tell them exactly what time we wanted to have breakfast - so we could sleep in - it was so wonderful!
The staff purchased some fresh fruits for us and juices with our money (it was so cheap!) and made us gorgeous cocktails with our duty free in the afternoons by the pool. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff to do, from booking restaurants, cars etc - they were truly amazing and an absolute credit to Villa Maju Management.
I really don't think that the photo's can do the villa justice -as I studied them all before I went and I was shocked at the beauty of it all when I arrived! The only thing I had a little trouble with was the body wash bottle and I mentioned this to the staff and they advised me that afternoon that they had ordered new easier bottles! Such a tiny thing and they were onto it immediately - to me that is pretty sensational
It was a great location - it only was a 5 minute walk to Eat St and a 2 minute drive to Potato Head or Ku De Ta.
We all slept comfortably too - normally when I am away I struggle - but the bed comfort was good for me.
I love this property so much! I have already booked again for next year! I don't really want to tell everyone how wonderful it is as I want to keep it a secret - but the staff and management deserve to be recognised for the outstanding service and the villa!

Liked best: Amazing Villa & Staff
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: With Friends
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
jackspad
tatura
“WOW”
Reviewed 10 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

The moment we walked into Villa Maju we were blown away by its beautiful surroundings, furnishings and the relaxed atmosphere. Staff were exceptional, going out of their way to please you and help you with anything.
Cook for us if we wanted and also sang...
3 seperate bedrooms and 3 outdoor bathrooms, great sized pool and lounge area.
Can not say anything bad about this villa as we were so sad to go, we only had 5 days and wished we had booked for a week. Not too far to shops and restaurants.
Villa Maju, we will definitely be back and I only hope all the staff are still there.

Liked best: the staff
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Large groups
10 Dec 2011
Thank you so much Jackie - we are always trying to improve our villa to make it the "best" holiday ever for our guests. Hope to see you back again soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing