My first trip to Bali - so haven't anything local to compare it to but I'll start by saying I would definitely stay here again. If by "resort" you conjure up 5 star luxury and huge pools/pool bars etc then this probably is not the place for you but if you're after a reasonably priced, comfortable, clean, quiet place in a good location with a nice outlook and pool then I can highly recommend.
1. Huge room and balcony.
2. Very comfortable bed.
3. Huge bathroom with separate bath and shower
4. Very clean and tidy.
5. No in room safe - but all the cupboards had locks (was fine for me but some people may be a bit more conscious of this).
6. Super quiet location - no noise at all.
7. Very friendly staff
8. Cable TV channels (see below though...)
9. Not the biggest but still very enjoyable pool which you could swim in at any time.
10. 7min walk to the beach (prob about 800m) - same to restaurants/shops etc.
11. 24 hour shop just around the corner that also sells beer and some spirits
12. Bin Tang supermarket about 10mins walk (closes at 11.00pm)
1. No bedside/reading lamp - only overhead lighting which was not good if you wanted to read in bed - take a booklight with you.
2. No fly-screens on the windows - was not a problem when the aircon was on, but I would have preferred to be able to sleep with the windows open and no aircon.
3. Room doors are not self locking which meant you had to take the key out of the power supply to open/close the door which was a pain at night in the dark.
4. When you took the key out of the slot - all electricity went off (except fridge) so charging phones etc was a bit hit and miss.
5. Wireless only really works in the reception area (which they advertise so no surprise) - I was in room 201 which is close to reception so I had some signal on/off - good thing was it forced me to put my phone down which was not a bad thing - but if you need wireless in-room you may be in a bind.
6. No lift - not an issue for me - but if you have trouble with stairs I'd suggest getting a ground floor room.
7. Towels were not changed every day - but after asking they were. I am lead to believe that in Bali you don't expect the plush towels we are used to in western hotels.
8. The rooms did not have an iron or hairdryer (which I actually use to dry underwear etc) - not a problem just not there.
9. You probably want to take your own toiletries as those supplied were pretty lame.
10. TV reception was sometimes fuzzy - but didn't go there to watch TV - maybe it was the gods telling me to go outside :-)
11. No safety fence around the pool - no problem for me, but if you have small kids you would need to be careful.
12. No real security to enter the resort (which I kind of liked to be honest but it did mean that anyone could come and bang on your door.
In spite of the minor things I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Kusuma Resort.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kusuma Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kusuma Resort Bali/Seminyak