“Finally, Great Food at a Great Price in Bali”
Review of malo's

malo's
Ranked #90 of 581 Restaurants in Seminyak
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I live in Bali and I am so glad to have finally found Malo's. Seminyak is chock full of great restaurants, but most cost and arm and another limb, especially in the Petitenget area where I live. We tried Malo's for the first time tonight and we were so glad that we did. My partner had the butterfish in dill cream sauce, served with Nasi Kuning (Balinese turmeric rice) and steamed vegetables (IDR 68,000 and delicious). I had the grilled beef filet, served with spaetzle mushroom sauce (IDR 95,000 and phenomenal). Other sauce choices for the filet included peppercorn cream, gorgonzola, herb butter, and a few others I cannot recall.) I was a little concerned at first when they said the beef was local beef, as that tends to resemble old rubber tires in most places. The server assured me that their beef was very tender and he said confidently that if I did not enjoy it for any reason they would have no issues for me to change. I am so glad I followed his advice. I had the best steak that I have had in Bali, including at those "Australian Grills" that charge at least twice the price.

Malo's service was fantastic. Our server, Kawi, was more delightful, naturally cheerful, and helpful that any server that I have encountered at any of the expensive and upscale restaurants in Bali.

I will be going back. I will be taking friends. I will try the desserts next time as well. I am so thankful that there are still people and businesses that take pride in what they do.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

chefs delight - an excellent beef-filet with potatoes slice on a ruccolasalad-bed. The taste of the beef is excellent. Try to eat a part of potato together with ruccola it's delightful. Very proper restaurant and nice bali serving personal!

1  Thank Ulrich S
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This restaurant was close to where we stayed in Nakula. Semanyak is full of lots of good restaurants, but this one with it's mixture of western or local cuisine is great if you're in the area and don't fancy a hike down to 66 beach or the other high spots. We went back 4 times during our 2 week stay. Good honest food, great service and good value

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Highly recommend for food and service! We ate there 3 times during our visit and could not fault it at all. Best steak I've ever had and the frozen margaritas are amazing. You must have banana sundae too..yummy!!!
Location wise was great for us as it was just around the corner from our villa.... Very cheap too.We will be back on our next visit to Bali.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

Have not been back to this restaurant for ages but popped in for a quick meal and again were reminded just how good a steak can be in this town. Truly delicious and cheap too !