The Jineng Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate poolseminyak areabedroom villathe free shuttle servicescoopon voucherevery morningliving dining roomtoilet and showeralways on timefull size fridgedrop offstaxi farefree dropcleaned dailycircle kamazing villaexcellent breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

After having a lovely stay in Ubud, we headed down to seminyak to The Jineng for th last 4 nights. Its conveniently close to the airport. What an utter disappointment. The check in was fine took few minutes and we were escorted to the room. On first glance you think this looks good, private pool and all. But as soon you walk round the rooms you think when was the last time this place was properly cleaned?! The toilets were probably the biggest put off they had stains an dirt all around, disgusting! The floors were Really dusty. The breakfast is mediocre to put it nicely. We asked for an iron and they told us they only have one and is currently in another room, we'll try bring you one tomorrow. The staff couldnt care less. We asked reception to change some money to smaller bills for a taxi and they said they don't keep money there. We ordered breakfast at 9 everyday and they kept calling us at 0730am telling us breakfast was there. Towels were not consistent and they were worn out and with huge stains. The lights in pool weren't working. The showers do not get proper hot water and the bathtub was so dirty we did not dare set foot in it. Were do I finish? The location is not excellent though we didn't mind it. We have to give it to one of the staff called AGU hes a real sweetheart. The rest of the staff are indifferent and dont speak proper english. The front of the hotel looks like a dump site. Not worth the money. The place does have potential but is in dire need of new managment and staff. Total Rip off. We have travelled through Asia extensively, we are used to geckos and mosquitos, taking into consideration we travel for work. But this is complete waste of money, do look elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travel A
winawan, General Manager at The Jineng Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear “Travel A”

Thank you very much for your review of your stay in August 2013. We regret to read the less-positive experience you had during your stay. My self and all team members are committed to use your comments to persistently improve and to deliver a truly memorable experience with genuine commitment to service. We highly appreciate feedback and comments you have made.

We are all delighted to inform you that as of October 2013 THE JINENG VILLAS is managed by KARANIYA EXPERIENCE where we strive to deliver truly memorable experiences for our customers. Karaniya is a Sanskrit word that literally means “loving-kindness”. It a form of positive energy that helps generate overall happiness.

We all sincerely hope you will stay with us in the future. Please feel free to contact us personally should there be anything further you wish to discuss in person and we would be more than happy to help in any way we can.

Warmest regards,

Corporate General Manager – KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Had a fantabulous stay for 3 nights except the location is not that great. Quite a distance from main road.

Villa was well maintained. Clean pool. Friendly staff who makes you feel at home. Prompt service at your doorstep.

Would highly recommend to others but not to those who's particular about location.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Zira N

Dear “Zira N”

I am happy to read that you had a fabulous stay at THE JINENG VILLAS. We thank you for your comments on our location. I am happy to inform you that we are now serving complimentary drop off service within Seminyak area to shops, restaurant and the beach. We sincerely appreciate your comments/feedback as we know they will assist us in improving our standards and also enable us to not only meet but exceeding your and other guest’s expectations in the future.

Effective October 2013 THE JINENG VILLAS is managed by KARANIYA EXPERIENCE, a hospitality management company that present most sought-after boutique villas, spa and restaurants. We are excited and look forward to welcoming you back home to THE JINENG VILLAS in the future.

Kind regards,

Corporate General Manager – KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Bought a Groupon for a 3D2N stay at Nunia Boutique villa but could not get a room during our stipulated dates and the management was kind enough to let us stay at Jineng Villa (comparable and also at Seminyak area) instead of wasting the groupon.

I really love Jineng Villa. The place is clean and private! All their staffs are very friendly. I requested to drive the buggy car one noon and their staff remembered and allowed me to drive subsequently! I enjoyed the experience as I don't get to drive that in Singapore! Unless my job requires me to. Hahaha... anyway their breakfast is simple but nice and has quite a variety to choose from. The pool is clean but sun is not shining the whole pool. Good for me who doesn't wish to get too tanned but bad for my friend who wants to get herself burnt. As such, our bikinis and towel can't dry even after a day.

The connection was really bad at our room (room N). My conclusion is it's too far from the office as its the 2nd last room. Unless you really can't live without internet (facebook, instagram etc), it's not too big of an issue. I mean, you go there to chill and relax with you family, lover or friends, you don't have to stick to your phone that frequently.

Location of the villa is not very fantastic but they do provide complimentary airport transfer and shuttle service to the beach and some shopping area so I have no complaints. Even if you want to walk out to the main road, it's only about a 10-15 minute walk. You just need to turn right from the villa and walk all the way straight. There is a minimart if you turn right again when you reach the main road, else you can also buy from the locals' minimart which is just 5 minute walk from the villa. Finding food is not that difficult too.

dining area is very stuffy, guess the air conditioning wasnt functioning well but it doesnt really matter to us as we are only there for breakfast. The other times were spent chilling or having meals by our private pool. The fridge there works well. There are stoves but no pots and pans, in case you want to cook something.

Many mosquitoes but there is something called insect repellent so it doesn't matter. You want the trees and plants to add on to the privacy feel, you bear with it.

Will come back again if my budget allows!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear “jasleen z”

Thank you very much for taking the time wo share your review. It is a great pleasure to read that your holiday with us was enjoyable. We very much look forward to be welcoming you back again in the near future.

We also wish to inform you that as of October 2013 THE JINENG VILLAS is managed by KARANIYA EXPERIENCE, a hospitality management company that present most sought-after boutique villas, spa and restaurants. We all look forward to welcoming you again on your future trip to Bali.

Warmest regards,

General Manager – KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Reviewed 21 June 2013

My wife and I did a fair bit of research before deciding on The Jineng. Everyone advised us to stay in Seminyak and not stay in Kuta. We are both in our 50s and wanted a private villa with our own pool and also the budgets for such a place do vary quite a bit - we paid approximately $150 a night - you can pay a lot more if you wish.
We arrive at the airport and were promptly met by our driver who was holding our names up on a board and driven to the villas. There we were greeted by the staff who immediately offered us some "orange juice" which tasted strangely like cordial - I had one sip and reminded myself of Bali Belly and declined to drink the rest.
We sorted out the usual formalities of paper work etc and were driven by the Golf Buggy up to our villa - a whole 100 metres away ha ha. We opened the gate and it really was like it appears in the photos on here. It was extremely pleasant. The first room on our right was lovely, clean and quite large - considering we would only really use it for breakfast etc but it also had a toilet and shower. The fridge wasn't a small bar fridge - a full size fridge which was quite pleasing really. There were drinks in the fridge but you had to pay for them. Then they showed us the bedroom/bathroom with a spa. This room again was quite large with plenty of cupboard and wardrobe space. 2 tvs, one in each room but no DVD player - which I found a little odd. As we were unpacking one of the staff came back with 3 bintangs (hot) - these were our complimentary arrival drinks (I'm sure it said 6 - perhaps I misread this).
The location is probably a 5 minute walk to the main street that goes from Kuta to Seminyak and another 10 minute walk to the beach - winding through all the shops etc. I quite enjoy walking so I found it quite pleasing actually. However if you wish to as we found out after about 4 days you can take the shuttle to the beach and the Jineng has its own sunbeds on the beach - no charge - There is a guy there who looks after them and he was very helpful and quite pleasant - if you use this service it will save you about $10 a day. We used to lay there on the chairs - leave our things behind and go off and have lunch at one of the restaurants and nothing was taken while we were away.
All in all I would say The Jineng was quite good - the only issue we had was the smell from the toilet but you get around that. Also the mozzies but again - take some coils light them at sunset and you won't be bothered. Breakfast was quite adequate I couldn't understand some of the fuss by the comments on here about breakfast - if what they gave you didn't fill you up - you must be a big eater I guess. Would I go back? - No but then I rarely go back to the same place - I like trying different hotels/countries etc. Overall it was a good holiday and we enjoyed it quite much.

Room Tip: Our room was G - it appeared to be in the middle - and there was no noise, smells, - quite pleasant to be honest
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The general face-to-face service of the staff is top-notch. Front desk staff Evi was very helpful and cheerful all the time. She helped arranged our complimentary airport pickup, provide plenty of useful information for first-time visitors, etc. Location was quiet and going anywhere will require a cab. The not-so-good-quality of the furnishings are getting obvious and showing their age. Water pressure from certain taps are weak. Some stains are obvious. Biggest bug of them all will be the below-average standard from their housekeeping department, but they are really observant to our drinking needs and provide plenty of bottled water everyday. Thumbs up to that!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple