“World class Japanese food”
Review of ZUSHIYA Modern Japanese Dining - CLOSED

ZUSHIYA Modern Japanese Dining
Price range: US$16 - US$37
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Delicious. It was such a relief to find my favourite genre of food being served to perfection. Yum!

A small restaurant with very friendly staff. Make sure you find ZUSHIYA, not the one across the road!

To my memory, they also offer free wireless.

There are newer reviews for ZUSHIYA Modern Japanese Dining

Reviewed 7 October 2013

A small restaurant tucked in an alley way in Seminyak, Jalan Legian, Bali, excellent authentic fresh food. Always good. Never failed to please. Inexpensive, very friendly staff.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We enjoy our meal at zushiya, especially my nephew with his favorite eel on rice.
We have tried different sushi and sashimi special, salad and some beer.
The restaurant are located conveniently inside a little mall on seminyak busy street. The ambiance is pretty nice and cozy. highly recommended when you are in the area.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I was excited to try Zushia as there were so many good reviews. We had lunch and there were no other guests in the restaurant. Drink list is disappointing with very few options, mostly soft drinks. I ordered a miso soup and a sashimi salad and my friend got salmon/crab maki with caviar. Well, my salad consisted of few pieces of carrot, some radish and fish which didn't look like it was sashimi quality. My friend's rolls were fine but nothing spectacular. Took a while to prepare our order too and my friend's order came when I almost finished my food (tried to eat SLOWLY). Staff spoke poor English too. Well, overall I think it is overpriced (sushi tei has much more for just a little higher price tag), the food was average but not bad, the ambiance made me feel like sitting in an aquarium but might be fine in the evening.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

This was one of the worst dining experiences in memory. I don't mind if circumstances make meals take longer but I have never seen anything like this in my lifetime. Food was ordered and after 10 mins the chefs arrived by scooter and walked through into the visible bar/kitchen where the meal docket was shown to them. At this point I was curious as to what I had seen but not fussed. Another 10 mins passed and my partners dinner arrived. At the 30 minute mark an assembly line of workers lined up at the bar to make a take away order. It was a considerable order and it took them about 5 mins. He arrived about 10mins after us. At this point, 35mins in I called over the staff and asked what was going on? They told me it would come soon. 5-10 mins later it arrived.

The restaurant had good ambience and the food was good, but it was unacceptable that it took 45mins for a 9 piece nigiri dish to come out in an empty restaurant, especially when the transparency of the kitchen revealed they sat on their hands for the first 35mins. When everyone is so friendly here the staff never once came to our table after they had taken the order and just mingled amongst themselves.