“Some food excellent, some bland”
Review of ZUSHIYA Modern Japanese Dining - CLOSED

ZUSHIYA Modern Japanese Dining
Price range: US$16 - US$37
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I decided to give this place a try after seeing it the day before. Reading reviews, I was excited to try their food.

I were greeted and seated promptly and continued to get great service throughout our meal.

First up came the sashimi. This was disappointing. The fish was bland and the wasabi was not fresh. Then the crab ravioli - crab sticks wrapped in hard pastry. Not what I was expecting. They used a chilli mayo which spiced it up, but not a dish I would get again.

Next the gyoza. Probably because the other 2 dishes disappointed, I could not appreciate the flavours of the gyoza. My husband loved them.

Then the food got really delicious.
The fish and chips with sweet chilli sauce came out. Interesting concept and executed well. Full of flavour and delicious. This was served with our other dish stir fried vegetables. Again, so full of flavour. Hint of pepper and a large serving.

Overall, despite the initial dissappointing dishes, I would go back but be more careful with the food I choose.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Our first visit but not our last. Different dishes to the usual Japanese restaurants. Tucked away off Jl Legian, quiet and great service. Not pricey. Value for money.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I went there last week, spent there more than 1 hour, and me&partner only tasted their common taste of Ocha!We decided to asked the bill and cancelled the food order because the lack of service towards our order.How come the food order came out for the other tables when we were the one who order first long before the people on the other table came??And when I complainted to the waiter who took our order, she responded "Don't blame me cuz' I'm not the one who cooked the order"!!!OMG, what kind of feedback was that???I spent one hour and got nothing except the cold ocha and they responded like id**t!!
I only can suggest to whom ever wanna try this resto, please think again million timess or you want to ruin your supposed to be a pleasant dinner with your love ones.

1  Thank Swanzz
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Delicious. It was such a relief to find my favourite genre of food being served to perfection. Yum!

A small restaurant with very friendly staff. Make sure you find ZUSHIYA, not the one across the road!

To my memory, they also offer free wireless.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

A small restaurant tucked in an alley way in Seminyak, Jalan Legian, Bali, excellent authentic fresh food. Always good. Never failed to please. Inexpensive, very friendly staff.