“Perfect location, exceptional staff”

Amadea Resort & Villas
Ranked #33 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 10 January 2013

My mate and I stayed at the Amadea for a week over Christmas, after having two different friends recommend it. You would never know you are situated in the middle of a built up tourist area. An abundance of restaurants and shops are within a minutes walk. With staff everywhere to cater for anything you ever ask for, beautiful grounds and great rooms, this hotel is perfect for any type of trip to Bali. People of all ages stay here (we are 21, our neighbours were 65) and everyone seemed to love it. When I return to Bali, it is a no brainer that I will stay here again. I could write a whole other review on the staff of this place - the happiest, friendliest and most efficient hotel staff I've ever come across.

Room Tip: Opt for a poolside room - it's usually an extra $10 USD per night for the upgrade, and it's...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grant T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,982)

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Great hotel with kids, nice and quiet.great location right in middle of seminyak with great resturants and shopping around. Staff at hotel were fantastic with my 3 year old always smiling, talking to him, high fives he loved the attention. Only downfall is breakfast same every morning, but food was good go eat.

Room Tip: Superior pool room 3 steps away to pool
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2013

First time we have stayed in this hotel & we loved it. It is in a great location, right in the centre of the restaurant strip in Seminyak. We only had a superior room but it was large with a good bathroom & nice size balcony. It came standard with flat screen TV & DVD player.It was good value for Seminyak at just over $100.00 Australian per night especially between Christmas & New Years.
This thing that bought this hotel up from a 4 rating to a 5 rating was their staff. From the moment we arrived, all the staff made a point of rembering your name & greeting you whenever they saw you. This is from security at the end of the driveway all thw way through to front counter staff. A special mention to Arya who always greeted me, my wife & our friend who was travelling with us by our names, asked what we had been doing, where we were having dinner, always with a smile & genuine interest. If Australian hotels & restaurants had staff the same as this hotel, we really would be the lucky country. Service staff in Australia could learn a lot from the staff at the Amadea Resort

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are further from the street, so are quieter & overlook the pool
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed at the Amadea over new yrs. it is a lovely clean, well presented resort. The staff are wonderful, they are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and beds comfy. The manager was very kind to me and upgraded me to a deluxe room as my superior room was not ready for the check in time. A friend was staying in a superior room, and we did notice that the only difference with a delux and superior is the fact that you have a pool view with the delux room. The pools are lovely, especially liked the quiet back pool which my room overlooked!! There were plenty of umbrellas available to assist with the walk down the long driveway in the rain- they do have a buggie available; however I was only ever offered a lift at check in and check out!! Didn't worry me though, I needed the extra walk! Breakfast was a nice buffet... All you need to start the day. Spa is average.... I used the massage coupon, and while I did have a good masseur there was little ambience. I also had a male masseur, and I was never asked if I minded- and I do feel that you should b asked. He is very good at his job, but I just couldn't relax.... But that's just me!! Overall, you won't b disappointed at the Amadea, it's a nice escape and great location for walking to all the delicious restaurants in seminyak!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CherryPearce
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Amadea Resort and Villas is located in shopping area with easy access to all amenities. The resort is very well maintained in all areas. We were particularly impressed by the exceptional service provided by the friendly and resourceful staff!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The location and facilities are average. You can find many eateries and shops within walking distance. Room was spacious with remarkable bathroom, the walk-in wardrobe was a plus point. Furniture looks a bit old though, considering this is a new hotel.
The main strength of this hotel is service everyone greeted us and paid lots of attention to make our stay enjoyable.
We weren't in a honeymoon but the nice surprise fro the housekeeping really made us smile. Thanks for going extra miles. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Take deluxe pool access.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Location & appearance:
- good as close to busy streets
- far from beach as no direct road
- not near beachfront restaurants e.g. Ku De Ta
- grounds looked well maintained and paved nicely driveway
- pool is rather narrow, no food available at pool

Check-in & service
- at reception I was asked 5 times if I wanted to upgrade! I answered no each time. The two times was for an extra $30 USD, then to $25 USD, then $20, then "I will call my manager to see if we can do $15". I found this to be rather pushy and un-Balinese.
- concierge was very good, booked hair appointments
- I was not told that there was a second pool!!
- no english language problems (although I can speak Indonesian)

Room
- decent size, style ok, located facing main pathway where golf buggies and travellers stroll past (noisy)
- air con, water pressure, Wi-Fi worked well
- fridge was not very cold
- bathroom smelt like mould, no separate conditioner for hair

- breakfast included in deal at Bistro Batu
- boring choices compared to other hotels, undrinkable coffee, several pastries, 3 choices of cereal, cheap sickly jams (tasted like strawberry topping)
- waitresses dressed in tiny tight dresses, looking like they work in the red light district
- DID have soy milk if asked at bar

Overall
- not great value for money and I would not stay here again
- I think the villas would be a different story as looked luxurious compared to the hotel rooms

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing driveway as can be noisy
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo