“Great Place to Stay”

Amadea Resort & Villas
Ranked #33 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stayed here in mid-January 2013, sadly only for a few nights. It was our first time to Bali & we were grateful to have read some positive reviews on the Amadea before we booked. It's located centrally in Seminyak, with plenty of nice restaurant with easy walking distance. the location of the resort set-back from the street gives a feeling of being away from the hustle and bustle.

We were treated extremely well from the second we walked through concierge then down to reception to check-in. All the staff were very friendly & helpful, always quick to say hello when walking past them or heading out for the day - it just goes to show that it doesn't take much to say a simple "hello"!

We had booked a superior room for a great price with buffet breakfast included. The resort's restaurant is situated right on the street and is available for resort guests and others just walking past. The breakfast selection was a bit disappointing to be honest, certainly didn't come close to buffets we had experienced in both Langkawi & Thailand. That said, it was sufficient to satisfy our early morning hunger.

We didn't spend a lot of time in our room but it was comfortable & serviced our needs adequately, without being anything too extravagant. The pool villas located on the right-side of the long driveway looked absolutely amazing. Not sure of the cost but would definitely be worth considering if you were travelling with children or a few couples.

We would definitely recommend the Amadea, the staff's friendliness & attitude certainly contributed to a great stay. We hope to come back again some time soon.

We shopped around and booked a package that also included a free one hour massage each at the resort spa. Their prices seemed reasonable & the spa was clean and relaxing,

2  Thank lucky_langkawi
There are newer reviews for Amadea Resort & Villas

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I would recommend this hotel to Anyone. Located in Seminyak, the hotel has all the facilities in a close proximity to the Hotel. The rooms were big enough and kept to a high standard.

The outside Facilities including the Swimming Pool were fantastic

The Highlight for this hotel is the Staff. Very friendly
I will be staying here again when I travel next to Bali.

Room Tip: Standard Room was great. Overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChrisBonnici
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We had one night here at the start of our tour around Bali and what a pleasant surprise it was.

We had room 111 on the first floor overlooking the pool with a nice balcony in a peaceful spot, aircon was quiet and efficient, bed very comfortable, well stocked minibar, tea/coffee etc, shower room was nice, generally the rooms were very tidy and clean. The staff were warm, welcoming, and very helpful with any requests we had. I wish we could have stayed one more night it is a lovely little oasis in Seminyak.

Got a good deal booking through Asia Rooms who gave the best price at the time, £56 a night for 2 people, a bargain for the christmas period.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank juliann1
Reviewed 13 February 2013

nice & clean resort, exspecially the villa type.
the staff were honest & help full.
close to the beach & entertainment club.
suggestion to management not to fill in the figure(amount) of donation/gratuity directly, as many guest usually donate more for charity of world-wise such as Unicef, etc

Room Tip: no doubt chose villa for family or honey mooner.
3  Thank lsh0708
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This place is in the middle of Eat Street and our biggest decisions of our holiday was do we turn left or right for dinner tonight. The hotel is hidden down a long driveway & whilst it is quite small it has everything that you need. We had a poolside room & it was 3 steps to the pool. The staff were all very friendly and attentive and we loved the towel origami each day - it was great waiting for the next creation and the little notes that accompanied it. The hotel is quite new so the rooms are very tidy and well maintained. Breakfast was at the restaurant on the Main Street & there was everything that you need - egg/pancake station, cooked dishes, pastries and fruit. Great little well priced base in the middle of Seminyak - would recommend it !

2  Thank MelnET
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I now have stayed at the Amadea Resort and Villas about 8 times, in various room classes, since its doors opened. On this most recent trip, my family (3 kids,15, 15 and 16 years and my husband) booked a 2 bedroom villa face to face with the front desk.
As a repeat guest, they gave me a small discount, which I was happy with, and they agreed to place us in a 'more private villa'. We had previously stayed in a villa at Amadea that had some privacy issues, due to other buildings overlooking the villa area.
We were happy with this villa.
We did have a moment when we were told that children over 7 years were regarded as adults, and we would have to pay an extra $30US for 1 child, as the villa, even though it slept 6, only catered to 4. I felt this was a bit ridiculous, and questioned it. The front desk girl was very attentive, and explained at great length, their policies. I responded that although I wasn't totally convinced their policies were acceptable, this was Bali, and they were doing their best to inform me.
As we sipped on our Welcome Drink, i was approached by the floor manager, who asked me what I disagreed with. I explained that their policies had not been explained on booking the villa, and felt a little rude to be given extra costs at time of check in. He was very patient, and again, at length, listened to me and responded accordingly. I was not angry or upset at the polices, I was just trying to understand them. He said that we could infact have the extra bed as we were not using any of the breakfast vouchers, so there was a great outcome for all.
we all loved the villa, it has a great master bedroom that is detached from the main building with a beautiful view of the large private pool. Of all the places I have stayed in Bali, this hotel has consistently friendly and helpful employees. They always seem to go the extra mile to On check out, we got the hotel transport, at a small cost, to take us to the airport, and they were fantastic, even taking us on a quick route and dropping us really close to the lobby.
I cant really fault the villas, great for either a family or 2 couples. Close to all the best shopping and restaurants. Beaches are about 5 minutes away by car, but hardly worth it in my opinion.
I dont think you would be disappointed staying here, and we look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2013

It's not often I give any resort a 5 out of a 5 but Amadea Resort and Villa's does all that and more.

And you also know when staff, are genuinely sincere in their welcome's and their goodbye's.

I checked in to Amadea on the back of good reviews on here by other travellers and was not disappointed. I booked my stay via wotif.com.

Plus points:

-Attentive, honest staff who were/are willing to go the extra mile to make sure you had your questions answered and issues settled

-Comfortable rooms for couples or solo travellers who wanted a clean, comfortable and relatively close hotel to the shops in Seminyak and the beach

-Reasonable room rates and packages

I must make special mention of front desk staff Lina who not only remembered my name, which is the first time any hotel has done so bar the Hyatt in Hong Kong but wished me every single morning and evening without fail. It's the little little things sometimes that make the difference.

And what you get is a comfortable deluxe room that has a nice room size, good hot/cold showers and super clean bathrooms and peace and quiet and a useful swimming pool within the compound if you aren't up to renting one of the spanking villa's they have.

I didn't mind the 3-4 minute walk from the main lobby out to the main street where the hotel restaurant is located and where breakfast is served and they also have buggies available if there is a need for transportation, especially during massive downpours.

We had a hotel van organized for us to take us to Tanah Lot for a couple of hours at, what I felt, was a very reasonable rate and a safe and good driver.

And we had several massages at the spa at the resort which were pretty good.

All in all, a very good experince and really, no downsides to staying here.

Breakfast, could however, have done with a bit of a change and variety as you pretty much got what you had yesterday each morning. I won't complain about this as it's rare many of us will stay at 1 accomodation for more than 3 or 4 days but, for those who are staying for a week or two, this could become....a tad bit boring.

Main Seminyak strip is a short 15 minute walk from the hotel and the public beach is a 20 minute walk in the opposite direction. Enter to the public beach via the main entrance at Kudeta. There are no signs and no directions for this so just enter and then veer off to the left side and head straight for the beach as you get to the Kudeta parking area.

A special mention for the housekeeping staff who's name I sadly forget for the inventive designs with the bath towels each day..I had a dog one day and an elephant another...that was always something to smile about after a day out surfing and out in the sun and walking back into the room sunburnt...

Lovely hotel. Great staff. Great location. They do Bali proud if I may add.

Room Tip: If you have cash to splash, pamper yourself and get a single or double room villa with a pool...envi...
3  Thank Diving-Addiction00