“Great staff”

Amadea Resort & Villas
Ranked #33 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We only just got here yesterday but figured from the amount of effort the staff went through for us. We need to write a review. They knew it was my girl friends birthday so we were welcomed with a happy birthday arrangement and cake. One of the staff went above and beyond to get us booked for a desired restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 2 February 2014

If you plan to just sit in your room or take a swim in a pool and spend some time with you family - Amadea is the place for it. Although, the Seminiyak beach is just 15 min. walk - but it ain't as clean as the beach at Nusa Dua. Amadea is not the place - if you are looking at spending time on the beach. It is well located as it is not too far from Kuta. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and big. They have a nice pool. And do opt in for their Villa if you are planning to go with your family. They have there own transportation which is very marginally higher than the transportation available outside the hotel. They also have an excellent spa.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mukul K
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I visited Bali for the 1st time Dec 2013. Amadea was suggested by the travel agent as most places were fully booked and the agent said Amadea was good value. As it turned out it is great value, very central to most restaurants and shops and the staff went above and beyond when we were there. Service cannot be faulted- and I can be difficult to please as I myself have managed retail and am particular about service.

The hotel itself could have been built better. If you are an extremely light sleeper- then you should book the suites or villas I think, because in the deluxe rooms you hear noise from upstairs, neighbouring rooms and as ppl walk past your room! So we asked to move to a more quiet room.

Being in a new room, I thought we would sleep better, but the 1st night in our new room, the fire alarm went off at 3 am.

That was the end of our negative experience though. The next 4 nights were just bliss and relaxation with a little noise from upstairs, but nothing ott, and I was determined to enjoy myself. Staff tended to us so well that at one point, we had literally just finished our cocktails, and were putting them down-the wait staff from the pool bar was already on her way to take our next order and take the glasses away.

Reception and concierge were amazing- answering all my questions (being our first time in Bali) from where to eat, to where I can get a different spa experience as I wanted to try something different, to where to buy plastic tubes to pack our paintings, to calling and connecting me to FedEx. Also overwhelmingly kind and friendly.

Restaurant staff (I understand it is owned and managed separately)- equally friendly, but need to have better peripheral vision. A number of times at dinner we tried to wave a wait staff down, it was quite a task. Food itself was really good... and again I am fussy with food. Breakfast was good, and they never rushed us even though we were there past the "closing" time for breakfast, but I got bored after a few days. I think his name was Made, or Wayan? Seemed to be shift leader. He set a good example, always approaching guests to make sure we were looked after. Same can't be said for dinner time shift leader though- however it is busier at dinner. Also, writing now, I remember one night having dinner, the group next to us were complaining about mosquitoes. To my horror, the staff brought them mosquitoe spray (DEET), they just sprayed all over themselves this poisonous aerosol which wafted over to our table! Needless to say, we didnt stay for desserts that night! The restaurant staff need to be trained so that that they dont spray DEET during dinner. Maybe give the customers some citronella oil or something??

Overall I'll have to say it was an above average stay made good by amazing staff.

Room Tip: Stay in the villa or top floor if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlfonseka
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at Amadea, located in Seminyak, for three nights while attending a wedding in nearby Batu Belig. We stayed in a room at poolside. Cutting to the chase: The best things about Amadea are the very peaceful, friendly, no-hassle atmosphere maintained by the staff, the clean, fresh rooms, the most excellent pool (gorgeous!), and the inclusive AYCE breakfast buffet. My wife enjoyed a massage, which wasn't included, but was very good.

The rooms and villas themselves are a pleasant 5-minute walk from the street along a brick walkway lined with banana trees. If you've never been here, this may seem like a hassle, but in fact is a very good thing since the streets in this part of Seminyak are quite noisy and crowded with beeping cabs and hucksters trying to sell you timeshares. Once you get a few minutes down the walkway, all obnoxious sounds are gone and all you hear are birds and wind. You can even start to imagine what Seminyak might have really looked and sounded like before all of the first world tourism-centered development. If you have trouble moving around or prefer not to stroll, the staff here are more than happy to take you in one of their quiet golf carts.

The beach is a 15-minute walk. You will be accosted by aforementioned hucksters on the way.

If you have to be in Seminyak, which seems to be geared towards the beach-and-bar going crowd, definitely seek this place out.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

This place is great, the staff are wonderful. Best showers in Bali. Right in the heart of Seminyak, but still quiet and lovely. The only thing i'd say is please change your cleaning chemicals as the room smelled like petrol until we let it air our.

2  Thank OzzyTim
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A group of us stayed here for a couple of weeks from 28th December and into the New Year. It's a great place, well located off the main strip so convenience but also quiet. The rooms are clean and the staff take pride in ensuring the overall cleanliness of the hotel is of a high standard. The breakfast buffet is fine - not over ally adventurous but it gives value for money. Most of all the staff are FANTASTIC. Very accommodating and welcoming. They always greet you with a smile and seek to ensure you enjoy your stay. I'd definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Our stay was pretty mediocre, the room was ok, not such great value for the price, facilities or state of building housing the hotel rooms. Breakfast in the adjoining restaurant was ok. All the room service staff and porters where friendly and helpful. Sadly I can not say this about the desk/reception staff, who where slow, some what arrogant and more focused on taking your money then providing a quality service. My partner broke her foot coming out of one of the local shops. The porters where very helpful in assisting us getting her back to the hotel, evening carrying her across the street and offering to organise us a room until our plane left that evening, as we had just checked out but our bags where still with the hotel. However, once we where handed over to the reception staff, instead of helping us and making us feel as comfortable as possible they became more concerned on making sure we could pay for any phone calls and any booking for taxi's to hospital etc. I spent my time pushing for them to call our travel insurance, regardless of the costs, as this was the least of our worries. They ordered a taxi, which took almost an hour to arrive... and all the time kept my partner in the lobby area. We would have been more than happy to pay for a half day room, but this was not offered, even after the porter had suggested it. While at the hospital we thought that we may not have time to collect our bags before needing to head to the airport, so I contact the hotel to get our bags brought to the hospital, again they were more concerned with the cost this would incur and who would pay for it. We ended up having time to return to the hotel, and thought this would be a good opportunity to freshen up before the long trip home. When we got there we asked for our bags and access to shower, as they had offered to us at checkout. After waiting almost 30 mins to get our bags from reception, I went myself to the store room and arranged for the store person to give me our bags. There was no apology from reception, but they where more than happy to over charge us for a lift back to the airport.

1  Thank pattytraveller1981
WayanWarta, General Manager at Amadea Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear Ms. Pattytraveler1981,

We would like to thank you for staying with us recently and appreciate that you take time to post your review here.

It is to our surprise to hear that your stay was not up to your expectation. We certainly feel that this is far below the standard we usually deliver. As a proud winner of Certificate of Excellence for two consecutive year and Traveler's Choice Award 2014 from Tripadvisor it is our commitment to put our customer first. It seemed that there was misunderstanding from our Front Desk staff in charge on that occasion, please accept our sincere apology for the poor response to your situation. As you might have read from other reviews, we have come accross several unfavorable situations in the past, some was similar to yours and we were pleased that response from the staff was very appropriate. We have shared this issue with the entire team for improvement.

Apart from those incident we are pleased to hear that you found our housekeeping and bell boys to be friendly and helpful. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,