“First trip to Bali. This is a amazing Restort could not fault it at all.”

Amadea Resort & Villas
Ranked #33 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“First trip to Bali. This is a amazing Restort could not fault it at all.”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband never ever wanted to go to Bali. We went for 4 days and stayed in the 4 bedroom villa. Beautiful, fantastic and excellent location. We shared with another family - so 8 in total. Room for more and we had plenty of room in the villa area. Our teenage kids had a ball in the private swimming pool and they had plently of space away from us (parents) The staff VERY helpful and friendly, the restaurant was also very good. I certainly shall be recommending this to everyone. Back to my husband - wants to book another trip back to Bali and Amadea. Honestly I could not fault it at all.

Room Tip: I would book the villa's if possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Deon S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Amadea simply deserved to be one of the Traveler's Choice Award for these reasons:

a) Staff are extremely helpful and courteous. Always smiling, fuss-free check in and speak good English. Special mention to Angsky the front desk, very attentive and smile a lot, Sila who explained the facilities and also the front desk the next day, Mardana the concierge/buggy car boy, very entertaining and joke a lot (although our journey from main entrance to Reception counter is short, but we sometimes too lazy to walk), overall experience with them are simply present. I believe that they are serious in delivering excellent service to all their customers!

b) Clean! - Our bathroom is sparking clean, love the frosted glass concept (especially when you intend to have a romantic getaway with your other half - I enjoyed it!). Bed sheets and linens are clean, and on our second day after a long trip, it is heart warming to find a nice towel art made by the staff! How thoughtful!

c) Location - Needless to say, near to almost EVERYTHING. You don't have to worry about finding food or the 24 hours mart (7-eleven like), as all that amenities are in walking distance!

Areas of Improvement:

a) Spa - May not be the best, and not the worst either. Since Balinese spa is well-known, perhaps I set my expectation a little too high. I don't know how to explain the flaw of the masseur, but there were certain part that probably inconsistent (or massage too fast).. But overall it is acceptable... More training perhaps?

b) I mentioned this in my feedback form, that maybe Amadea can consider to change their plastic glass in the washroom with actual glass, so that it can be more presentable.

c) I kinda agree with some of the TA review about the selection of food for breakfast in Bistro Batu Kali, as the selection still can be improved. A little too many of fried stuff I find.

Overall, I truly enjoyed my stay in Amadea, I definitely come back for the amazing customer service they provide. Thank you AMADEA!

Room Tip: We stayed in Deluxe Room #209, Internet was good, quiet and no mosquitoes at all on First Floor. ;)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shobra1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed at Amadea Resort over a year ago, and decided to come back because it used to be really good.
This time, my husband and I stayed for 5 nights, and although the concierge and bell boys/trolley- car boys provided great service with a smile, the reception staff could certainly do with more training.
They became easily flustered and found it difficult to deal with a request for another room for my daughter, who had flown in to join us on holiday. Consequently, I had to book via a website, but even with instant payment and a confirmed booking, they simply could not find my booking. Wasting half the morning at reception was not the most auspicious start to the lunar new year, and eventually I had to ask the duty manager to sort it out. He apologised nicely and my daughter got her deluxe poolside room. Nothing was lost in translation because I speak Indonesian well enough.
Good hotel and great location for foodies because there are some fab restaurants nearby. However, hotel reception staff and their buffet breakfast needs improvement.

Room Tip: Deluxe poolside rooms and bathrooms are quite spacious.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
WayanWarta, General Manager at Amadea Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Hobnob2,

Our apology that your return visit was not as good as the first one, especially with regard to the issue of booking an additional room.

Room availability is very dynamic especially during busy period like the Chinese New Year. Rooms become easily available due to last minute cancellation or quickly sold due to high demand. When making online booking via third party site, it will take several minutes (usually not longer than 30 minutes) to input the reservation into our internal system as the we do not link the third party site with our system. Therefore our front line staff would not be able to inform you if your reservation was in the system just right after you have finished your online transaction.

Other than the above issue we trust that you had a great time with us. We are glad you found the hotel to be good and in great location. Thanks for being our loyal guest and for sharing this review. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Best regards,
Wayan
Peregian Beach, Australia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Week away with 4 girl friends in the 2 bedroom villa proved to be a "winner"! From the moment we arrived to the moment we left I cannot fault "Amadea. The staff were outstanding, courteous and every so helpful and friendly. Their customer service skills are above and beyond all expectations. As all of our group are from the aviation/customer service industry, we were hoping for great service and we certainly got that! The villa and the resort was impeccably clean and well maintained throughout. The position was right in the heart of "Eat street" and the location was perfect on all accounts for shopping, dining, and proximity to Kuta/Legian.. Breakfast was included in our package & was quite good with plenty of variety. Our fondest memory was the daily Origami arrangements that HK staff did for us which was a highlight to look fwd to each day. On a whole, an Outstanding resort and great value for money.. Thanks Amadea, we will be returning in the near future for sure!

Room Tip: Two bedroom Villas are great for travelling with friends.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Wow great Villa the most friendly staff so helpful, would travel again and in good area of seminyak.
Stayed for 9 days could of stayed forever, restaurant was good and brekky included , I thought the staff were amazing though did everything you want from hotel staff and balinese people.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank waldo2516
Manila, Utah
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed in a Deluxe room on the ground floor by the smaller pool. Hotel has very good location, close to the major shops and restaurants, and a decent walking distance to Potato Head, etc. About 100 meters from Revolver's great coffee. Overall very clean and quiet (although when we left they were beginning some renovations in the lobby area). Staff very friendly and accommodating. Room is basic but very comfortable. Same with pool- you're not gonna do any water sports, but it's perfect for a cooling dip between sun baths. Guest density is just right. My only issue was the wifi in the lobby and our rooms, which kept going on and off, or slowing to a crawl, and our fridge, which didn't really cool down. It's a great place to ride out the heat of the Balinese day. I just wish the pool bar stayed open later.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tintin P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Clean, well appointed hotel in a good location. Great pool, nice restaurant and bar. What makes it stand out is the friendly staff that cannot do enough for you. Nothing is too much trouble for them. My friend was on crutches during our stay and the staff would gather all her shopping bags and take them to the hotel room for her and told her to always ask at reception to ensure the golf buggy was available to drive her down the hotel driveway so she didn't have to walk. Looking forward to visiting this hotel again soon.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends