We had 7 nights at Amadea - our Superior room was not ready when we checked in so we were upgraded to a ground floor pool view room - a good start; clean enough room but showing signs of wear - mould in shower recess, mould showing behind bathroom mirror and air-conditioning that was clearly not working - just a fan, no cold air - this was eventually fixed, but took 2 call over 2 days to remedy. The gardens and pool area were nicely kept and the pool is closed around 7pm, which means the noise levels in the complex are low after dark. Reception staff were OK, but not as friendly as a previous hotel we had stayed at a week earlier - the buggy drivers, on the other hand, were terrific - super friendly, asking what we were planning and looking for suggestions to improve their facilities. WiFi was free but a little patchy throughout our stay.
The location of the resort is excellent - as many have said before, the street outside is full of great restaurants just a short walk away - lots of cuisine choices and price points - Ultimo takes the prize from me - we had 2 excellent meals there in a non smoking area.The same cannot be said of the Amadea breakfast bistro - very,very basic buffet, an egg station that doesn't seem to write down your order and it never arrives until you request it a further 2 times over a half hour wait - very disappointing considering the cost of the accommodation.
Overall, a pleasant stay in a good location, but we felt that it was not great value for the money spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amadea Resort and Villas is an oasis in the heart of Seminyak.Located on the fashionable “eat street” with its’ many boutiques and famous restaurants the resort is perfectly located for those who want to be in the heart of the action.The resort consists of 86 rooms, 7 Suites and 7 villas. A choice of six 2 bedroom Villas or one 4 bedroom villa offering a fully equipped facility including their own private pool and garden. A perfect place to celebrate that special occasion with family or friends!All 93 spacious rooms and suites are tastefully furnished with flat screen TV’s, DVD players, in room safes, fridges and most rooms offer views onto one of the lap pools.Amadea is a perfect oasis for couples who want to enjoy a romantic escape or small group of friends and family who want to combine the vibrant side of Seminyak and peaceful lifestyle of Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Amadea Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amadea Resort And Villas
- Amadea Resort & Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Amadea Resort & Villas Bali/Seminyak