“Just like to add my Excellent rating to this great hotel”

The Colony Hotel Bali
Ranked #4 of 117 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I would like to add to the other reviews that the massage service, provided by Jari Menari, is out of this world. About an hour and a half, $40 or so, by the best masseur that has ever worked on my body, superb.
This hotel is a haven in the madness of Seminyak and Bali.

Room Tip: We aslo stayed in room 9, excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KevinRL

Reviewed 10 August 2011

This is our 5th time in Bali, so we thought we would have the experience this time of staying in Seminyak. It was amazing! We will definitely come back to stay at the Colony. Such a personal experience with the most friendly staff, especially Rinrin who is so efficient and friendly. Nothing was a bother to the staff, they were happy to help us in any way possible. The location is excellent and the rooms are amazing. We stayed for a week at the Colony and then moved to the Padma for a week as we were meeting friends there. We regretted it so much as we missed the 'personal touch'. Thank you Rinrin and all the team for the wonderful time we had.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Adrienne007
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed at The Colony Hotel for 5 weeks between May and June 2011. The staff were so accommodating and exceptionally friendly, their training is of the highest standard and are all so friendly and approachable. I stayed in room number 9 and the care/cleanliness of the rooms were amazing. The room was spacious and pristine. The Bathrooms are great with natural light and the showers are of great quality (water pressure). The hotel is located in central Seminyak just a few minutes walk to either Petitenget (great restaurant district), the beach and Oberoi Street (JL). Each room is air-conditioned and come with full entertainment (TV and DVD player). Their is also plenty of room for scooter parking and the 24 hour staff and security in a boutique hotel is amazing. The hotel does not have any guests under the age of 16 which means it is a laid back environment with the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. I would without a doubt stay there again!!!

Room Tip: Room 9 was great for travelling alone in the far left corner- very quiet, a little larger and great...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank aelsworthy
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The hospitality and organisation of the staff at Colony Hotel was excellent. I stayed with a group of 7 friends from three different countries in five different rooms and everyone really appreciated the five star treatment and comfortable rooms- best pillows in Bali. The Colony is a brilliant location to gather together with friends in a private hotel surrounds for a relaxing catch up. Breakfast is served each morning by the pool and its delicious. I must sat it really is a special find. The locations is prime. Cannot be in a better position especially if you prefer the coastal holiday. One of the best aspects is you can walk out of the hotel in turn left or right and within 100 metres select either a all star or no star eating hole. Its perfect. Look forward to getting back soon

Room Tip: Great room on the 2nd Level over looking the Pool- excellent spacious outdoor balcony
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank johnvgordon
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I spent 4 nights at the Colony Hotel with my sister in July. We had 1 superior room and 1 deluxe room. It is directly opposite the Samaya Hotel in Seminyak. It is a 2 minute walk to the beach in front of La Luciola and 4 minute walk to Ku de ta. The hotel only opened a couple of months ago. The rooms are spacious and clean, comfortable king beds, large airconditioned bathrooms great water pressure in the showers. For the girls the lighting in the bathrooms and full length mirrors and power points for hairdryers etc are in the right places. Clean towels are replaced throughout the day. Large flat screen TV and dvd player in the room. Iron and ironing board on request.
It does not cater for children under 16 so very quiet around the pool which is fabulous.
It is a great place to stay whilst in Bali. Close to some of the best restaurants in Seminyak and also the main shopping area of Seminyak. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Perth11
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The hotel was a new hotel and thus was not very familiar to even some locals, but just tell the taxi driver "The Samaya," which was across the street. (When we were there, there was a large poster on a building under construction. You have to go down the long narrow driveway next to the poster to get to the reception desk) The location was great as it was on a less busy but not "dead" street close to Ku De Ta, The Legian, La Lucciola--not to mention the beach--as advertised on the website. Other places such as Hu'u Bar, Potato Head, and W Hotel were short taxi rides away (less than US$2/ride). Bodyworks, a popular Seminyak spa/salon, was practically next door. Of course, we also got to spend some quality time at The Colony's pool. My girlfriend also enjoyed the in-house massage (via massage room--no spa), which was a true 90 min massage (at BW bath was included in 90 min). The hotel was still new and in good condition (but see below). The hotel had a British colonial design a la Raffles in Singapore, which is in contrast to the usual Bali-inspired hotels in the area. Next to the pool toward the front of the property was a dining area where the complimentary breakfast was served. You get a the options for coffee/tea, juice selection, fruit selection, bread selection, American Breakfast(ex. - eggs, choice of side like ham or sausage)/Pancake(ex. - banana)/Indonesian breakfast (ex. - nasi goreng, mie goreng). We were happy with our breakfasts and had no issues. The staff was friendly. We were checked in with no problems, and we had no problems with the bill.

Minor complaints: I hear that this is how it is in Bali, but we had some aggressive, opportunistic ants in our hotel room. First morning walked in the bathroom and one of the toothbrushes (the complimentary one that was used) was covered with ants. I eliminated most of them seen in the area (say 30-40). I let staff know and the male staff member said he'd spray the area. For the rest of the day and evening there were no problems. The next morning, there were a few ants coming down from the top of a wall along a side of a counter. I terminated a bunch of them until there were not many seen, and then I told another staff member. Again I did not have trouble until the next morning when I saw that the wood sill next to the toilet had ants coming out of a crack. Since the severity was less and less every morning and given the environment you couldn't completely escape them, I considered this a minor complaint. Another minor complaint was the hotel driver trying to get out of making a quick stopover at a fast food place along the route to the airport. I specifically asked the front desk staff member if this could be done before I hired the driver, and the front desk staff member said that it could. That's why we hired the driver over a taxi driver--for the convenience. The final minor complaint was that the delay to baggage assistance was over ten minutes. We ended up taking care of the bags ourselves. Again not a huge complaint but letting you know about the delay.

Final Verdict: Yes, we'd still stay here again! The positives highly outweighed the negatives. The location was great. Aside for the avenues for ants to enter, the hotel was clean and in good condition. The staff was friendly and did the job. For peace of mind, I'd bring my own bug repellent/ant traps.

Room Tip: One to probably avoid: Number 25 is closest to the front of house and probably gets the most noise
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank omnivorousone
Reviewed 2 August 2011

So great to stay at a boutique hotel that actually feels like a gracious home - Had friends in the top floor suite overlooking the pool - really superb - and Room 17 is swell ( not a suite but feels like one-incredible brightness that I loved) Really friendly staff and no children allowed so no screeching!

Room Tip: Suite 24 First floor and Room 17 Ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends