“What a Raffles like gem!”

The Colony Hotel Bali
Ranked #3 of 112 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Gold Coast
“What a Raffles like gem!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've always stayed in private villas in Seminyak because I thought it would be cosier than any of the big hotels, how wrong was I?
The Colony is an intimate delightful haven in the midst of the Seminyak buzz. If felt like a mini version of Singapores Raffles and The Oriental in Bangkok. If you're in a Bali to shop, spa and eat it's the prime location - Jalan Pettinenget is around the corner as is Seminyak Square, La Lucciola and Bodyworks. Heaven!
I'll be back in October :)

Room Tip: Suite 5 or 12 are the best and largest but you can't go wrong with any room they're beautifu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank AnkiGoldCoast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Colony Hotel is the one place my girl friends and I miss the most after our vacation in Bali. We knew that it is a beautiful place from the website photos, but were nevertheless impressed the moment we opened the door to the cool, jasmine scented room. We were greeted by the friendly front desk who basically served as our travel planner with the comprehensive list of restaurant suggestions. We love the pool, the breakfast, the in-room massage and the lovely hotel staff. I have already recommended the Colony Hotel to my friends visiting Seminyak and will definitely stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jennychentw
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at the Colony leading a psychological retreat with a group of people. Staff helpfull and kind, beautiful place in the center of Seminyak. Like a small beautiful oasis. Have stayed many wonderful places in many travels to Bali,- this is one of my favourite and I will come back . Everyone in the group were very happy! Highly recommendable! Thank you for a great experience.

Room Tip: Room 12 is the best:-)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel in Seminyak is amazing. We were always told by people that we should get a private villa while in Bali but we stayed here first for 3 nights and then had a week at a private villa elsewhere in Seminyak and wished we were back here! Next time I am in Bali I will be coming back here. Quiet and lovely, located near Sea Circus and Bodyworks, friendliest staff and clean comfortable rooms. Perfect hotel.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We can't fault this amazing little hotel! Situated next to Sea Circus, it is very quiet and peaceful. We booked it to celebrate our25th wedding anniversary, and they presented us with a beautiful mousse cake! Nothing is too much trouble, the staff are amazing. Breakfast is simple but excellent, and made to order, no queuing at Bain Maries!
Our room, a junior suite, was spacious and well appointed, bathroom facilities top notch.

I highly recommend this place

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suzyblu_1960
Kalamaki, Greece
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was our second stay at The Colony and certainly won't be our last. The hotel is immaculate, the service is flawless and, as a regular international traveller, I can say the this is one of our favourite hotels in the world. Both me and my partner can not wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MJKearns
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Cannot fault this hotel. My partner and I enjoyed five wonderful days at this beautiful hotel and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Tami and the team were an absolute pleasure - no request was too big. The pool area provided an oasis of calm from the bustling streets, with a clean, serene environment. A great mixture of clientele, older and younger. Conveniently located very close to Body Works (best spa!!) and restaurants in town. Would recommend The Colony to anyone visiting Seminyak. Thanks again to the team for a truly memorable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple