“save your money - do not go here!”

Gosha Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #302 of 519 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Indonesian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: New restaurant from owners of Gosha in Melasti St. Legian.
Perth, Australia
“save your money - do not go here!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

A group of 8 of us tried Gosha on our last night in Bali due to the favourable reviews online.
The service was terrible, we weren't given any plates to use to eat our shared entrees, we ordered a few cocktails which were horrendous, Mai Tai looked like green sewer water, the mojito was in a tiny little glass with no ice. We unfortunately went against our better judgement and stayed for the mains, a couple of friends ordered the fish and chips, the fish was so deep fried it was hard and dry, the chips looked like chopped boiled potatoes. 3 of us ordered curry, it was terrible, it tasted like some sort of gravy mixed with a whole container of curry powder, i'm usually not a picky eater but i found the curry inedible, one friend said the Gado Gado was OK. We very quickly paid for our bill and left our very partially eaten meals on the table. Please save your time, money and happiness and do not go here.. try Made's Warung down the road for good Indo/Balinese food

• Visited April 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Good Indonesian Food”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Nice restaurant amongst many others but inviting entry - good colour scheme with red and black. Tasty Indonesian food (what else would you eat in Bali). Staff pleasant and quick. Would recommend for a middle-of-the-road budget.

Visited March 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overrated, big time! ”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We decided to head to Gosha because of its fantastic reviews only to find out we went to the wrong one. We should have gone to the one in Legian.

The restaurant itself looked lovely, nothing too fancy but nice. We chose to sit outside next to the kitchen as the weather suited. Didn't want to be stuck inside with aircon.
Our table was close to the front entrance and we could hear music and live shows from the clubs across the street which I found entertaining while waiting for our meals to arrive which seemed to take a long time. Not sure if it was because we requested our entrees and main together.

I ordered the Calamari for an entree which was deep fried with too much batter.
For main I ordered the froglegs cooked in chilli sauce which I found reasonable but it was too saucy and no chillies. I'm used to froglegs being deep fried and served dry like chips (snack) where you coukd pretty much chew on everything.

The other main I ordered was squid with chillies. This I found odd as squid seemed to be grilled with garlic dressing (thought it was cooked in chilli). No chillies on the plate until staff brought out a bowl which looked to me like capisum in gravy. This was disappointing as I love my chillies.
However I would say the squid itself dozed in garlic oil was quite nice but not enough as a main.

My partner ordered the Fish Curry and it was very disappointing. Blan with no flavor and considers it the worst curry he's ever tasted!

This experience was not worth it's value. I'd rather eat out at a local joint than paying for these over priced meals which seem to lack everything

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Meal dampened by poor service”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We walked past this restaurant and saw that it's recommended by tripadvisor so we decided to dine in. There was only 1 or 2 tables occupied so service was quite prompt. As the evening continued, the outdoor section was being filled up and service level started to deteriorate. I had to request for chili sauce at least 3 times before they finally brought some. And when the bill arrived, and we were pooling our money together, the waitress rolled her eyes as if to imply that we weren't quick enough to pay; or that we "split" the bill between us. Regardless, I thought it was un-called for. Food was not bad but it wasn't fantastic either, hence the service level could have made some difference to our experience.

• Visited February 2014
Ely, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Restaurant”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Unfortunately it is too easy just to walk past the Gosha as it has a quite narrow frontage and the staff don't try to drag you in like so many other places.

Once inside it is a bamboo and wicker paradise showing what some of the original Bali buildings and dwelling must have looked like. The staff are pleasant and helpful without being in your face all the time. The standard of service and the quality and quantity of the food was exceptionally good. On my second visit the owner came and introduced himself and we had a long chat in which l learnt about Bali.

If in the Kuta area find the Gosha as l'm sure you'll find it a worth while visit in all respects.

Visited February 2014