“Honeymoon”

Gosha Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #312 of 554 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Indonesian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: New restaurant from owners of Gosha in Melasti St. Legian.
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We ate here a couple of times cause we just loved the food and the staff were just so friendly. I had the chicken with lemon sauce and my wife had sweet and sour pork and the second time pork ribs and we shared a plain fried rice. For me best meal ever. Thankyou Gosha we will be back next year :-) Kaz and Michelle

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Really great food. Well thought out specials, knowledgeable bartenders and waitstaff, and good service all around. The veal special is always worth considering.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

A group of 8 of us tried Gosha on our last night in Bali due to the favourable reviews online.
The service was terrible, we weren't given any plates to use to eat our shared entrees, we ordered a few cocktails which were horrendous, Mai Tai looked like green sewer water, the mojito was in a tiny little glass with no ice. We unfortunately went against our better judgement and stayed for the mains, a couple of friends ordered the fish and chips, the fish was so deep fried it was hard and dry, the chips looked like chopped boiled potatoes. 3 of us ordered curry, it was terrible, it tasted like some sort of gravy mixed with a whole container of curry powder, i'm usually not a picky eater but i found the curry inedible, one friend said the Gado Gado was OK. We very quickly paid for our bill and left our very partially eaten meals on the table. Please save your time, money and happiness and do not go here.. try Made's Warung down the road for good Indo/Balinese food

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Nice restaurant amongst many others but inviting entry - good colour scheme with red and black. Tasty Indonesian food (what else would you eat in Bali). Staff pleasant and quick. Would recommend for a middle-of-the-road budget.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We decided to head to Gosha because of its fantastic reviews only to find out we went to the wrong one. We should have gone to the one in Legian.

The restaurant itself looked lovely, nothing too fancy but nice. We chose to sit outside next to the kitchen as the weather suited. Didn't want to be stuck inside with aircon.
Our table was close to the front entrance and we could hear music and live shows from the clubs across the street which I found entertaining while waiting for our meals to arrive which seemed to take a long time. Not sure if it was because we requested our entrees and main together.

I ordered the Calamari for an entree which was deep fried with too much batter.
For main I ordered the froglegs cooked in chilli sauce which I found reasonable but it was too saucy and no chillies. I'm used to froglegs being deep fried and served dry like chips (snack) where you coukd pretty much chew on everything.

The other main I ordered was squid with chillies. This I found odd as squid seemed to be grilled with garlic dressing (thought it was cooked in chilli). No chillies on the plate until staff brought out a bowl which looked to me like capisum in gravy. This was disappointing as I love my chillies.
However I would say the squid itself dozed in garlic oil was quite nice but not enough as a main.

My partner ordered the Fish Curry and it was very disappointing. Blan with no flavor and considers it the worst curry he's ever tasted!

This experience was not worth it's value. I'd rather eat out at a local joint than paying for these over priced meals which seem to lack everything