“Fantastic boutique hotel”

Ranked #5 of 116 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
“Fantastic boutique hotel”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Wow, we just loved our stay at Kamar Kamar when we arrived in bali. We came back on our way home all up we stayed 6 nights.

The hotel itself is very well thought out, the decor is very tasteful and trendy whilst keeping a great Balinese authentic flair.

The staff are very helpful and friendly and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. We felt very much welcomed and at home.

The hotel is in the back streets of seminyak so therefore very quiet but close and accessBle to everything. Loved everything about Kamar Kamar.

Thanks guts and gals.

Janet
Australian living in PNG

Room Tip: Rooms I would call them suites. All rooms are the same and great, you can choose from downstairs by...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ntmmitchell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Kamar Kamar has a very artistic and beautiful details in their interior design. Our room is clean and the staff is super helpful. They also have a boutique cafe area that serves amazing spring roll. The place is only 5 mins away from Seminyak mall. Definitely staying here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at this place a few years back and I came back again a few weeks ago. There are many changes I could see from this place. The staff are still friendly as ever, of course. The plants are greener and a bit more bushy and with them and three little canaries surrounding the pool I felt like I finally had a proper vacation. We got little traditional snacks put in a glass jar and wrapped with ribbons and red paper on the table in the room.

I remember during my first stay the access street around the premise was not paved and when it rained it was a bit hard for low cars to get in due to bumps and holes. Now, the street is completely new and clean.

The third day, my friend and I decided not to go out and make the best out of of the quietness it has to offer. I was lazying on the couch in the room, my friend was outside in the morning. When it rained later during the day, we went for a 2 hour spa next door. Then we went to have dinner at Seminyak Square, about 10 mins driving from KamarKamar Rumah Tamu. At the end of the trip we agreed that on that day it felt as if time had stopped there.

And, oh, they have a cafe (called Kafe Kaze) now. I managed to convince my friend who had never been to Indonesia to try gado-gado (veggies with peanut sauce), and she liked it! We hanged around a lot at the cafe in the morning for breakfast and in the afternoon for afternoon tea, especially when it rained.

I'll definitely come back again and I look forward to more changes this place can bring.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor at 102 and I've stayed at 104 before. All ground floor rooms have...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Yo3l
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Bali is as what they say paradise on earth and Kamar Kamar truly delivers just that. As I stepped in to the villa, I was welcomed by friendly staff who catered to my every need. I had craving for mee goreng (world known instant noodle). They didnt have it in stock and their diligent staff went to the supermarket and deliver it to my room with no extra charge. :))

After all the sightseeing, the partying and the shopping, it was just a bliss to go back to a quiet ambience and just chill back at the side of the pool. And when I chose to stay in, I didnt feel I'm missing out on the Bali experience. Since I could still sunbath, swim, get a private massage in my room and dine at their restaurant. On top of that the owner seems to have an eye for art thus there's a delicate Balinese touch with a little fusion of Mandarin. So will I go back there again? Absolutely!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank stellayw
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

An amazing yet well designed with 5 star standard hotel made us really enjoy our vacation. The staff were friendly and provided us very good services. Kamar Kamar Boutique Hotel, Seminyak, Bali is the perfect place when you need a peaceful holiday. We will definitely come back soon to Kamar Kamar Boutique Hotel for our next holiday :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cornellia K
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had enjoyed my one week stay at Kamar Kamar Boutique Hotel, Seminyak Bali! Various Asian elements such as the Balinese White and the Chinese Red colors could be found in the hotel's design, of which the Chinese Red is my favorite cause I'm a Chinese so I'm easily biased^^ Cafe upstairs is super comfy, liked the antique style of wooden tables and chairs, enjoyed my every meal and drinks during my short stay...Kamar Kamar Boutique, a HIGHLY recommended place to stay in Bali!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I probably shouldn't write this review because next time this hotel will either be too full to take my booking or the price will have doubled. But, if you're lucky enough to make a booking at their current rates you will get a very well designed room with a 5 star standard bed and amenities that work. This doesn't always happen in Bali, even at many times this price.
Add in the ambience created by an owner and a team that genuinely want you to feel like Kamar 2 is your home in Bali and you have a winner. Location is 10 minutes from the beaches of Seminyak, Legian, Canggu. 5 minutes from the restaurants on Petitenget.
Or you can just chill by their very nice pool or hang out on the rooftop restaurant bar for the sunset. This is our new home in Bali.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IIJAYESS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Bali Ginger Suites & Villa
#7 of 116 in Seminyak
Kubu Cempaka Seminyak
Kubu Cempaka Seminyak
#4 of 116 in Seminyak

Been to Kamar Kamar Rumah Tamu? Share your experiences!