“Tranquil and exotic”

Kamar Kamar Rumah Tamu
Ranked #5 of 124 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2014

From the moment I stayed in KamarKamar, I loved the idea of having the room separated with the living area. The bed was big and comfy.. and even the pillow was just right for me! (usually it's either too high,and hard or too soft and thin). Not to mention the food! I loved their spring roll and 'kangkung belacan'. What can I say... I just loved staying here, and will come again!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ju1iana

Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you are still looking... I would say, "search no more!" As I walked into KamarKamar I felt the right chemistry with the place. The lobby' design has brought the sense of calmness, love the wood rustic design combined with black and red colors in the room. My fav place would be sitting on the day bed after a full day exploring the island, at the lobby enjoying the complimentary drinks available for you all day. Ah, and the cafe ... Me and my friends sat there for hours during dinner and breakfast time! Again, I love the interiors and the foods, was simple and fresh! As for the room, who wouldnt enjoy a big size bed? And the mattress??.. Its exactly the one I would love to have in the comfort of my own room! Comfy level...10/10 Overall, I am sure there are thousands villa out-there but kamarkamar was a great choice!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Irene P
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I rented for 3 evenings in early May. I arrived @1130pm after a late international arrival to Denpasar airport. The place has a great quiet location maybe 3 minutes walk on the east side of Sunset Road. Walk to the beach is probably 20 minutes if you don't get distracted by any of the shops or people touting massages or clothing.. The pool is very well maintained & we enjoyed using it very much. I injured my foot during the trip (nothing to do with hotel, but they offered to find me pain killers, bandages, etc which was very kind, I just already had the items with me) and I otherwise would not have bothered but was pleasantly surprised to find @50 cable tv channels to choose from in several languages.
The room was perfectly clean & bed was huge - not sure if it's advertised as a queen but it felt like king-size? Anyway for two guys both @95 kg to share, it was plenty of space.. The breakfasts generally were good (take nasi goreng over the omelette!) and the coffee was solid. The staff were all happy to help with anything really - questions about the local area, offering to arrange taxis for us, beach towels - nothing was any trouble for them & I believed they genuinely were happy doing their jobs assisting guests. I left a little bit of money behind to buy all the guys a beer (or non-alcoholic beverage, I hope this wasn't a culturally awkward move!) because I enjoyed it so much - they made me feel like a friend & not just another paying customer. Also some of the guys watched a few minutes of a UFC show with me - I think there are now a few new Indonesian UFC fans! I hope I get to see these guys again in Bali at Kamar Kamar!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My friend and I stayed at Kamar Kamar from 19 to 22 May. It's a lovely boutique hotel. The rooms were like mini suites with a balcony and bench at the back, and a spacious living room, kitchen and dining room out front which overlooked the pool. They have canaries by the pool, so there's always the sound of birds in the morning. And the pool provides a wonderful respite from hot afternoons.

The staff were friendly and helpful. And the hotel is located about 15-min walk from the main shopping strip. It's pretty quiet because it's located away from the main street. We really liked it.

Some points of improvement:
1. The living room could do with a fan since there is no A/C.
2. The bathrooms probably need new towels. Ours were a bit worn out and not as white or fluffy as they could have been.
3. Breakfast was generous and could be tastier.

Room Tip: We stayed downstairs so that we could overlook the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jasurin
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A very well designed, chic boutique hotel just outside the hustle & bustle of Seminyak but only 5 minutes from Oberoi Street or 10 minutes to the beach. The care taken in the design of the hotel is amazing with every little detail being thought of. The rooms are large & spacious with a comfy king sized bed. The staff are incredibly friendly & accommodation and they will always go out of their way to make you feel welcome. If you're looking for a trendy, private hotel where you can get a good night sleep but still be close to everything then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ryan F
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a hidden gem just minutes from the centre of Semniyak. I've stayed here many times and have never had a problem. The addition of the cafe recently makes it even better. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool is great and the staff are fantastic. Definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MrLee2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We loved staying at Kamar Kamar, the staffs are all very bright and helpful, beautiful yummy foods, fantastic clean room every day!! The pool is just one step away from the front door. It is very private and quiet place which we really wanted. We will definitely staying at 'Kamar Kamar' again in future. Thank you so much for your beautiful smiles and helping. Hopefully see you soon again! Kiana & Mal

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple