“You ' re looking for peace area...that's the...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

susanandr...
Seattle, Washington
“Terrible stay”
Reviewed 30 July 2013 for a stay in January 2013

We stayed at this villa in January of 2013 and I was not going to leave a review but when I was looking for a villa for our next trip to Bali I noticed that this villa had such amazing reviews and none of them reflected our experience at ALL! Judge for yourself because I am going to tell about our stay and let you decide what is true and if you decide to rent this villa anyway well don’t say that I didn’t warn you.
We arrived at the villa a little early and a very nice Indonesian family that lives next door noticed that we were outside wandering around the villa and let us in after they called Sandrine- who was supposed to be our local contact for the villa and help us to arrange transportation or tours and generally just be available. We did briefly talk to her on the phone when the Indonesian family let us in to the villa and she informed us that she could not meet us now but would be by that evening to talk to us and introduce herself etc. That was the last time we heard from her until we contacted the owned via email because she did not contact us or return any of our numerous calls over the next 2 days, We were frantically calling because the morning after we arrived we had no water at all anywhere in the villa so we could not bathe cook or do dishes. When we could not contact Sandrine after the first few hours I went looking for the Indonesian family and they had someone come fix the water but the problem was that it smelled so strongly of sewage that we couldn’t use it. Needless to say we were a filthy and sweaty mess by the time we headed back to Singapore.
In fairness to the owner I want to tell you that the villa looks beautiful when you arrive but then things break down from there. I have already told you about the water but there were so many things; like the bathrooms which also looks really nice when you first arrive but my bathroom smelled so strongly of urine even before the water situation and we found out on the first night that the bathtubs which are absolutely enormous can only be filled with about three or four inches of water before the hot water is gone so why have HUGE bathtubs if you do not have the ability to fill them even a fourth of the way? Then there were the ants that swarmed the living area and kitchen without end and got in to everything! I’m sorry to leave this kind of review for anyone because I am a small business owner but our experience was so horrifying that I feel some of these reviews may be fraudulent because every single one cannot be a five star rating after the experience we had here, it’s just not believable! As I said I was willing to let it go until I read all of the glowing reviews on trip advisor that I have a hard time believing.

Date of stay: January 2013
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the pool
Liked least: sewage water
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
30 Jul 2013
What a surprise to have such a negative review ... 7 months later after your stay!

I understand that customers may be disappointed, despite all our efforts to make their stay pleasant, but I am surprised that I never got an email or a call about it and see this negative review 7 months after your stay!

Regarding your criticism:
- Sandrine is actually our local manager and is responsible for organizing the transfer of customers from the airport to welcome them and provide any necessary assistance to make their stay enjoyable.
- By email, I asked you about your arrival time to arrange your transfer. You never answered about it . You preferred get to the villa on your own ... without Sandrine being notified of your arrival time: She does not live there, so it was normal that she was not there because she didn’t know your arrival time!
- I want to defend Sandrine because all our clients without exception greet her kindness, her availability, and her desire to be at their service.
- On the issue of water and odors, I am surprised that you have never informed me of this problem either by email or by phone. Kadek, our maintenance man, takes at least 3 times a week to take care of the garden, pool and resolve any problem ... Sandrine and Kadek have not been informed of this problem at that time.
- We occupy the villa two times six weeks a year, we have never experienced water cut (except in case of power failure) or odor problem of wastewater. None of our customers for the last 3 years (and we have about 20 to 30 clients per year) have complained of these kind of problems;
- You're one of the few customers to have stayed only 3 days with so many problems! (other clients usually stay 6-15 nights, without any problem)
- We do have 12 very positive reviews from our customers on Flipkey’s site and we have received much more by mail or on our "guest book". I keep them at disposal of our future clients , if they wish so.
- All three bathrooms have a shower and a bathtub. The bathtubs are actually large and can be filled with hot water because it is an instant hot water system that allow you to have hot water as much as you want.

I'm sorry that you have kept a bad memory of your stay . I am surprised that you have had so many problems in 3 days stay. I am surprised you didn’t inform us about these problems at that time (by email or phone) and finaly I am surprised you waited 7 months to write this négative review, which is very different from the very positive reviews we receive from our customers. It’s seems to us that you aren’t talking to our villa.

Know that we are doing everything to make the stay of our guests as pleasant as possible and our staff (Sandrine our manager, Kadek our maid service Kadek our maintenance man) will do anything to achieve this goal.

I want to provide to our future customers contact with our customers so they can check their entire satisfaction about their stay in "La Dolce Villa."

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

Date of stay: July 2012
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.