“Amazing place to stay”

Ranked #90 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne
“Amazing place to stay”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We booked over the net for one night because we were worried about the noise other travellers have reported. We heard no noise at all. We booked for a further 5 nights befor moving to the gilli islands. The staff were so friendly and would go out of their way to help you. The location is amazing for the price! I will reccomend this to all my friends coming to bail In the future

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katie N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Excellent hotel for budget traveller, Nice location, good staff, everything clean ....

Room Tip: To avoid and kind of noise. Ask for a room In tower a or c.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jorge M
Thailand
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The staff are very nice and professional. The hotel itself is good, but the paper thin walls are terrible. The noise from the clubs was not as bothersome as the noise from neighbouring rooms. We stayed next to guests who were rustling plastic for six hours, singing and playing music loud. I've no idea what they were doing with the plastic, it was very strange indeed. But even if we did not have the weird neighbours you can still hear everyone walking around the corridors and in their rooms. It's a real shame that it is built so badly as the bed was comfy and overall the hotel is good. I would never stay there again, I barely slept and as a consequence feel like I am losing a day of my holiday through feeling tired. If you are party animals and can sleep through anything then this is fine for you, but anyone who values rest should not book here.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
KomangArtana, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear ThailandTash,

I really appreciate your time taken to let us know your experience staying with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay due to the noise experience. This has gives us the opportunity to make improvement on reducing our noise level. Your compliment towards our services and facilities that you share via TripAdvisor is much appreciated and I have shared directly to our team and they are so happy that their services were noticed!

Following to your feedback, we have now implemented daily sleep-concierge at night to monitor the guest floor, who will walk around during the night and advise any of our guests if in the room or on the corridor to reduce their noise, as part of our services to other guests who appreciate comfort and services. In addition, we work with our developer team of the hotel to look for improvement on the building that will help to reduce the noise level.

Considering the location in Seminyak, just a short stroll to the most popular bars and clubs, It is true that you can't always avoid the loud music. However it can be reduced by requesting the tower in the back, Tower A. Our guests who book directly on our favehotel website get first priority in that tower as they have the option to mention it at the time of booking instead of at check in.

I hope that your first experience with us will not deter you to return stay with us when you make your trip to Bali and please drop me an email so I could make proper arrangement of your next stay at favehotel Seminyak Bali.

Best Regards,
Komang Artana

Travellers are raving about these Seminyak hotels

Kampot Province, Cambodia
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

Checked out 2 days early. Unfortunately I paid in full on check in and not when checking out. However we were happy to lose 2 nights money to get out of that hotel. My reasons for leaving early are:
1. We could not get to sleep until 3am from loud bands in bars in the street. Loud music could be heard in the room from about 10pm to 3am every night. I really mean the music is loud.
2. Wifi did not work in room even though they advertise free wifi in room. On querying the wifi they said they would get it fixed. They never fixed it so had no wifi in room.
3. Room had balcony facing street with see through glass so everybody in street could see you sitting on the balcony. No privacy.
4. Went downstairs to have dinner in their Lime bar and restaurant. Sat at table for over 10 minutes waiting for waiter/waitress to bring menu. Got sick of waiting and walked up the road to another hotel.
5. No fridge in room to keep drinks cold.
6. No jug/kettle to make coffee/tea in room.
7. Hotel is designed poorly and you can hear people staying in rooms next door and room above. Hotel built very cheaply and already soap and shampoo dispensers not working properly.
8. Beware of the two free bottles of water. The water leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Overall not an enjoyable stay and would never stay there again. This was my first time staying at the Fave chain of hotels and will be my last.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Kool K
KomangArtana, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear Jay D,
Thank you to share your stay exprience. Please accept our sicere apology and I am most concerned that you have left with such a negative feeling. As some other traveller commented, we do normally receive positive feedback when guest stays at our superior room, which is uniquely located, facing the famous Dhyana Pura Street. But this time, it seem this is not suitable up to your expectation. Considering the location in Seminyak, just a short stroll to the most popular bars and clubs, you can't always avoid the loud music. I have addressed to my team that such a request to a less noise tower must be looked into seriously. The overall wifi access and speed has been looked into by our IT Manager. For your information, our hotel is designed for budget traveler, looking for a great price in a great location. We have larger rooms with a balcony, even a suite with a bathtub, larger LCD TV, fridge and a living room. Please feel free to check on our website for special deal of this room type. In our hotel corridor, a complimentary water dispenser is set up for guests who need either hot or cold water at no cost. And I have personnaly discussed with my F&B Manager about the 'not-noticed guest' that an improvement is required to ensure such inconvenience does not happen in our restaurant. Finally, we have consulted our bottle water supplier to ensure this type of point is actioned and maintain their quality. I hope that this experience will not deter you to return stay with us and most important it has not permanently tarnished your opinion of us. I and my teams are looking forward to be at your service when you revisit Bali, with our warm and heartfelt service awaits you at favehotel Seminyak. Best Regards, Komang Artana
Singapore
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This was one of the very few occasions when I followed a friend's choice of hotel. He had already booked a room at this medium sized hotel in Seminyak, Bali, and I made a last-minute decision to tag along.

From the photos on the booking website, it looked pretty enticing. The exterior and interior decor looked modern, not your usual Balinese garden villa type. It cost S$64.75 per night, which for me was a good rate for a four-night stay.

The address is a choice one, right in the thick of Seminyak life. Seminyak isn't as big, developed or crowded as Kuta but I think it will soon rival it. It is easy to walk in all directions from the hotel and you will easily find food, shops, spas, bars, discos, convenience shops and so on. I even had a haircut for Rp 10,000 ($1.35).

From the airport, book a taxi at RP 70,000 (about S$10) to get to Fave Hotel. It's about a 30-min ride if there is no traffic jam.

The two-star Fave Hotel has a Bandung pink and white theme. It is clean, uncluttered and the staff - from security to check-in, house-keeping to waiting staff - are all rather polite and efficient. That's something quite rare these days.

But why two-star (not my rating, it's given by the online site where I booked my room)?

One, it is a rather noisy hotel. The corridors are not carpetted and so every footstep walking or running on the tiled flooring can be heard through the thin walls and doors. Guests who wake up early or return late at night would chatter as they walk to or from their rooms, and the voices would be amplified and echoed throughout the corridors. Their house-cleaning staff would also talk loudly in the corridors as early as 7 a.m. And if your room faces the Lime Restaurant, where each night, a duo would sing and play pop music at loudly till almost midnight, it makes sleeping a hard thing to do.

Two, the standard room is so very basic. Besides the LCD TV and a room safe, there's precious little else. No mini fridge, no hand and face towels (just two bath towels), no cupboard just a hanging rack, diluted shampoo and liquid body soap, no room slippers and no carpetting. The pluses are there's a shower stall, which sometimes floods though, very clean floors, nice firm bed, clean bed sheets and duvet and two complimentary bottles of water.

In the courtyard there's a small modern looking swimming pool.

My booking came with daily buffet breakfast. The fare is somewhat basic. There's an egg station, four kinds of hot cooked food, bread, tea and coffee, fresh cut fruits, orange drink not juice and a small salad selection. Missing are milk, which you can drink by the glass, yoghurt and cereals. The coffee and tea could be much better, especially in a country that produces tea and coffee.

Check-out time is 12 noon but a half hour extension was given when I requested for it.

The saving grace of this hotel was for me the staff. They would greet guests with a smile and place their right arm over the heart and quietly efficient. And they smile.

Room Tip: For a more quiet stay, ask for a room that doesn't face their Lime Restaurant and perhaps at the...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BrotherDragon
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The hotel is located in the very busy night life center of Seminyak, within walking distance from bars, clubs and restaurants. The rooms are pretty basic, small. The breakfast very simple. The main problem is the noise at night. If you are not partying, it is impossible to sleep until 3 or 4 in the early morning.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Hotel is new/modern and very clean. I had the superior room with balcony, although I never used the balcony due to street noise. Loved the funky decor - the common areas and pool are lovely. Location is supurb - just a 5 min stroll to the shops and restaurants on the main street, and a 10 minute walk to the beach. Breakfast was good and had a lot of Asian items as well as an egg cook-to-order station, toast, and fruits. Staff was friendly and helpful. I preferred to use my own toiletries over theirs since theirs are in wall-mounted dispensers that were stingy on the dispensed amount. There is no blow dryer or water kettle in the room. The hotel provides rooms with 2 bottles of water ( glass bottles) which are replaced daily. Wifi was in-room but signal was weak so I had to move around he room from time to time to "catch a wave". Wifi in public areas was ok. There are restaurants with bars and live music close by, so music can be heard in the rooms. This didn't bother me at all since I'm used to big city noise. I would definitely stay here again - excellent value.

Stayed May 2012