“Affordable and great place to stay”

Primera Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #90 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Affordable and great place to stay”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Clean and good rooms with hospitality of the staff made memorable stayed at this hotel. Food also generally very good. I would like to stay again next time and have a great fun out there, no hesitation at all.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Abdi Patria S
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Abdi Patria S,
I am glad that you did enjoy your stay with us and got the feel of fun and fresh of the favehotels concept.

Our team are really happy to have such great comment from you for their services. It's so wonderful.

Your willingness to return stay with is awaited by each and everyone of us and we hope that we could serve you even better on your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I sometimes use fave Hotel when I travel for business in Bali and have no time to get a villa - it is well located, very affordable and the internet connection always works (not always the case in Bali). However beware of the street view rooms, very noisy - a lot of clubs in the street with loud music all night - ask for garden view rooms ...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank davidLyon
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear davidLyon,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

First of all I am happy to learn that you were satisfied with the overall hotel condition and I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the room condition. Sorry to hear your experience about the noise which lessen your comfort during your stay.

Your feedback about the noise has allowed us to look into this areas for further improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back with another great experience awaits you at favehotel Seminyak on your next stay.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Don’t stay here unless you wish to party like everyone else on the street after dark. Which is fine, it's just that we did not plan to this time. Our friend sleeping in one end of the hotel could hear, no, feel, the music from the neighbouring clubs through the night. We, on the other hand, were kept awake into the early morning by the chattering girls in the room next door – the adjoining door between our junior suite and their room not soundproof. The room itself was comfortable enough, without being anything special, but the bathroom design was poor – no handtowel or towel rack near the hand basin, meaning one had to walk back down to the other end of the long bathroom to dry hands and face on the bath towels hanging from the rack outside the shower. Not a big deal, perhaps, but an obvious design flaw.

The breakfast was ordinary, and not worth getting out of bed early for, though they do serve til after 10 – catering for those who partied all night. On the first morning when I asked for an omelette at the egg station, I was offered one of 10 cold omelettes already prepared. The next morning the omelettes were apparently more popular as I had to wait for a fresh one to be made – and the omelette maker was pretty skilled. The rest of the food – fried rice, noodles, green Asian vegetables and a chicken curry – was laden with MSG and not particularly appealing. Coffee was poor, the bread white and wimpy, but the fresh fruit was at least fresh.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the street
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank csy7
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear csy7,
We appreciate your valuable feedback during your stay with us, where you have described some important points for us to improve.
Referring to your constructive feedback, we have installed additional soundproof between the adjoining room of our junior suite and the next room. In addition, we have shared your point about our bathroom design to our designer team for their future design improvement.

At favehotels, we provide daily breakfast with various variety that take turns daily. If guests wish to have more variety outside of the buffet, optional breakfast upgrade is available at affordable cost that you can always ask our waiter or waitress anytime during the breakfast.

We have taken into consideration to always provide fresh made omelette that guests enjoy it better. Your notice to our omelette maker has been shared and our staff is very happy to receive your comment.

We hope that your first experience with us will not deter you to return stay and making us your choice accommodation when you travel to Bali, as we always value feedback that encourage us to strive serving better.

Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 May 2013

It is 1 month already after I stayed at this hotel and today I am writing this review. It is still fresh in my mind my stay at Fave Hotel Seminyak. Fave hotel budget hotel from Aston group and the quality of my stay at the hotel was not bad.

I was welcomed with a cold drink and it was really quenched my thirst. I think it was lemon mixed with lemongrass. I really liked it. I checked in the Standard room and the room was just comfy...nothing to complain...value the money.

The hotel is within a stone throw to the famous gay bars in Seminyak area such as: Balijoe, Facebar which are just next doors.

You can easily find motorbike for rent around this hotel area.

Seminyak beach is just 15 mins walk. Cafes are also easily found here.

If you are looking for a budget accomodation in Seminyak especially Dhyana Pura area, you must put Fave Hotel Seminyak in your list.

Ah...the nasi goreng ( fried rice ) for breakfast is yummy..... :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Dear wenbin,
I really appreciate that you have taken your time to share your stay experience with us after your visit a month ago.

The welcome drink that was served to you on your arrival is called "Lime Squash drink", consist of lime, soda and plain sugar. This is our Signature welcome drink and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

It is true that Seminyak is becoming more popular now for tourists who expect nice and clean beach, party, shopping, dining and other entertainment during their stay. You could also visit our favehotel website to find further interesting attractions, which we have highlighted to help guests knowing more about Seminyak.

I have shared to our F&B team that you enjoy the nasi goreng on our buffet breakfast, they feel appreciated and happy.

Again, we thank you for your recommendation for our hotel for any future stay in Seminyak.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Having now stayed at both, I can tell you if your looking for a good value, clean, friendly budget hotel, look no further than Grandmas Hotel.
I stayed last night at the Fave Seminyak and I wont be back..
Noisy in the corridors till 3am will party revellers then from 6am screaming babies, corridors echo, walls are paper thin and the room is basic.
Locations of both hotels are good but Grandmas is nearer the beach Fave nearer the bars. The noise from the bars can be heard in the hotel.
Glad Im only here 1 night. I will not be back. Mmmmm which way is Grandmas?

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near reception on the ground floor, its VERY noisy!! If you want a BIG bed, be sure the...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank tonycelfit
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear tonydv8,
I really appreciate your time taken to let us know your experience staying with us. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay due to the noise experience. This encourages us to make improvement on reducing our noise level. We have added our sleep-concierge at night to monitor the guest floor. Our sleep concierge will walk around during the night and advise any of our guests if they are found making noise either in the room or on the corridor to reduce their noise.

We also share this feedback to our project team to look into improvement on our building which gives straight impact to reduce noise level.

It is true that you can't always avoid the loud music, considering the location in Seminyak, just a short stroll to the most popular bars and clubs. However it can be reduced by requesting the tower in the back, Tower A. Our guests who book directly on our favehotel website get first priority in that tower as they have the option to mention it at the time of booking instead of at check in.

I hope that with those improvement my teams are making, you will still give us the opportunity to accommodate and serve you in the future. Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2013

For the $32 USD we spent a night, you cannot beat the value at this hotel. Excellent location but a 15 minute walk if you are looking for the beach. Clean, pretty rooms with flat screen tv. Didn't eat breakfast here as it was not included with our price. Hotel staff extremely friendly and we would definitely stay here again. Bright colours in the restaurant too and looked very clean but we didn't eat there. Clean, comfy bed. Shower was a bit tired looking. The only downside was the hallways. You could hear anyone walking or talking out there every time they went by.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear danielle1324,

I am glad that you appreciate and enjoy the value of our offer for your stay at favehotel Seminyak. We keep on providing our great offer at our website and our partner via travel agent.

Yes, the hotel location is 10 minutes walking distance to the famous beach of Seminyak. And along the way to the beach, I am sure that you enjoyed the walk as along the street you find various of restaurant and bar, art shops, mini market and boutique shops.

I wish that you tried our breakfast as our kitchen team always prepare daily buffet breakfast, ranging from Indonesian to western food variety, mixed of salad, bread and white toast with home made jam, fruit, omelette corner, orange juice, coffee and tea at our Lime restaurant. We also provide upgrade of breakfast a la carte with affordable price and you can request easily to our waiter or waitress.

I am also glad that you enjoy our rooms condition, except for the shower experience which I have shared directly to our Chief Engineer to fix it. In addition to the noise level on our corridor, our team has added sleep concierge to walk around during the night on guest floor to advise any guests in the room or on the corridor to reduce their noise if happens. Our project team has looked into improving noise reduction level by looking at every possibility around the corridor and and the guestroom. This is an ongoing progress which we monitor periodically.

Your compliment about our staffs has been also shared to our staffs and they are very happy to receive such compliment! Thank you.

I look forward to your return stay for another future fun, fresh and friendly experience at favehotel Seminyak Bali.

Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 May 2013

2 nasty experiences on 2 seperate visits before i could check out this new property in the heart of night life Bali prompted me to submit this brief review, stay out of this place forever and personally would not recommend it to anyone !
first incident was in Dec 2012 when i called up the hotel, inquired about the availability and rates and then booked a room for a friend. upon arrival at the hotel, on the same day, the reception had told me that the special rates which was also displayed on a banner by the entrance of the hotel is no longer valid. if its no longer on promo, why is it still on display with the promotion period still apply as stated ????
Today is another incident where i had to visit a friend who is staying there. upon parking in the empty parking lot at the front of this property, the security guard told me that its only for guests. i told him i will walk to the lobby to pick up the guest and in 2 minutes and the we would leave. he whispered to me saying that if i give him something, then i could park. i was curious to find out what he wanted so i asked him in indonesian language "berapa?" . the reply given softly back to me was USD6.00 ! for 2 mins and to pick up a hotel guest.!!!! Feeling astonished at what i have just heard, i walked toward the lobby and spoke to the duty manager to find out if this is a usual practice. the duty manager took almost no interest in my complaints while another security guard rushed in to interrupt the conversation with lies that his colleague couldn't understand English and so on. My conclusion on both of these occasions is that the staff is probably taking money from the hotel (on the side) and the management doesn't seem to realize it !

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sarawaklaksa
Artana K, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear Sarawaklaksa,

I am so glad receiving your comment and would like to thank you for taking the time to convey to my attention regarding your recent experience at our hotel.

We have reviewed your positive feedback and discussed with our related department concerned. This is paramount to our services and by having feedback like yours, will help us improve.

I would like to inform that our parking area at the hotel is mainly provided for our hotel guest who stay and dine with us as part of our guest facility.

To this end, I appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience and if you need further attention related to this matter, I could be contacted at my email seminyakgm@favehotels.com

With best regards,

Komang Artana

Travellers are raving about these Seminyak hotels