“Cozy hotel in a convenient area”

Primera Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #91 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I am glad I clicked Favehotel Seminyak when I tried browsing for hotels in Bali! The place is cozy, very convenient area that is near restaurants like Warung Made and Warung Ocha.
The hotel made me feel home as the staffs are very helpful and friendly. They are always smiling and seemed ready to help you with your needs. I went there during the last week of low season before peak season so it wasn't too crowded.
Only suggestions I would like to make are 1. Re-painting the walls of the room because it looked quite dirty and 2. constant pest control as I've seen ants strolling down the corner of the floor.
I did notice that it can be quite noisy at night as the hotel is near clubs and pubs but overall if you know what you're getting and you're prepared for it, then you will be fine.
Will stay there again definitely!

Room Tip: If you want to get a good deal, go to their website for better discount prices.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
BonarHasibuan, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear KP_Bexie,
Glad to hear that you enjoy your stay and our hotel location. But, I am concerned to hear about your comment on Re-painting the walls of the room ,constant pest control, noisy at night as the hotel is near clubs and pubs. Feedback such as yours and other guests about this help me to discuss with the club and bar operator to work better in future on facing this type of inconvenience who stay with us and patronize the club or bar nearby our hotel.
I hope that this experience will not deter you to return stay with us and most important it has not permanently tarnished your opinion of us. I and my teams are looking forward to be at your service when you revisit Bali, with our warm and heartfelt service awaits you at favehotel Seminyak.
With Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel but there is NO Fridge n room u can't open the window that's for standard room ...And WiFi is good ... Restaurant good ...location good... Small rooms... Clean...the bed is good ... Bathroom good .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
BonarHasibuan, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Pazzo83f,
Thank you for your valuable reviews of your experience with us.
Just for your information, our standard rooms do not have refrigerators. only a junior suite rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superior rooms have balconies with access from inside the room so it can be opened (for smokers), unlike standard room window can not be opened.
Thanks again for your comments and we are pleased to welcome you back to our hotel in a near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel. The location is fine. When I arrived, the hotel looks like a multi story car park, in a parking lot. It is fairly new and part of a chain based in Jakarta. I checked in at 12.30 p.m. The receptionist requested my credit card, which I handed to her, thinking she would take an impression, to guarantee payment. No, she charged the 4 nights accomodation on the spot. She then informed me that check in was not permitted until 2 p.m. could I come back then and turned to the next guest.

I went to explore the area, in the midday heat, and returned at 2 p.m. There are no public areas in the hotel to sit. There are no gardens. Every inch is given over to retail. In the 'lobby' the corridor to the lifts, is a wooden bench - the public area. Beside it are 2 loungers - the spa.

My room was tiny and spartan. Designed on paper, rather than to give satisfaction to a guest on holiday. The designer has scrimped inches from every room to increase room numbers. Not even the small window opened, it was sealed, and the only view was the opposite wall.

The hotel is built of concrete, painted white - and pink, with no soft furnishings, so it is extremely noisy. Someone walking or talking in a corridor below, reverberates around the building. You can hear every door close on your corridor, and the next room's loo, flushes as if it was your own. You cannot sleep after 7 a.m. As people get up and leave their rooms for tours.

Breakfast buffet is fine.

This sems to be a new trend, Tokyo style hotels. There are 2 Grandma Hotels here, where the rooms are even smaller, staying in a caravan. There is no room for my small suitcase, let alone if 2 pople were sharing the room. There is a small open hanging rail for clothes, so that once you have unpacked, just a little, the room looks an absolute mess. The 'Concept Design' is about profit. Theowner s not a hotelier, trying to provide a 'guest ' with an excellent holiday experience, but an entrepreneur, out to make quick buck and create a chain. The heavily discounted price on the price comparison websites, is a marketing ploy. The advertised rate outside the hotel is $28 US per night.

Seminyak - I had heard horror stories about Kuta, so stayed in Seminyak, which I thought, because of the high hotel prices, was a more upmarket resort. It is not. It is exactly the same, but much less of it. The beach must be 6 or 7 miles long, running from the airport at Kuta, through Legian and Seminyak. On my first day I went to the beach and was horrified by the garbage everywhere. The beach was covered and the sea was full of it. Tourists, had cleared small areas and were sitting with their babies and small children, playing in the sand ! I walked the full length. In Kuta, they had teams of beach cleaners out removing it. That end is much cleaner. Every day after the high tide, the beach would be covered again. The Balinese, just throw their rubbish anywhere, it is piled up behind every wall, they throw it onto the beach for the tide to remove, but it just washes down the coast. I chose not to swim amongst dirty polythene bags and other unmentionables, but other tourists seemed to have no objection and obviously had brilliant travel insurance as they let their kids play and swim in it.

I have spent a month in Bali and visited: Ubud, the most interesting place on the Isand. Candi Dasa - nothing there, but some hotels, no beach, no restaurants no bars. Amed - nothing there, but a tiny fishing village. Only go there if you want to dive. Stay on the beach, not at the hotels further down the coast, there is absolutely nothing there, but a road. Lovina -tiny, but it does have bars and restaurants. You cannot see the dolphins from a bar on the beach, you have to go on boat trips way out to sea. Pemuteran - absolutely nothing there but a road. It is a luxury hotel graveyard. There is a beach, but you could not sit on it. Of the 3 hotels, one is on its last legs, the other surviving. The Mata Hari, is still beautiful, but why would you go so far to be locked in a hotel. There are no bars or restaurants. Soka Beach, marketed as Antosari. This is a pit stop, for the long distance coaches from Jakarta, nothing more.

My advice would be - stay in Kuta, where the prices of hotels are less and ambiance is better. Its reputation is undeserved. The islands in Thailand are 100 times worse for drunken beach parties.

1  Thank jeffrey57

Dear Jeffrey57,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your valuable comments.
We do value your review to help us provide better services and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will work on improving our services with more training and controlling.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies for our service that did not meet your expectations.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stay 2 nights in this area before moving to Legian.. For the price you pay, you can hardly complaint much about this hotel. Overall experience was ok, however WIFI speed need enhancement.. Very slow.. Room size and breakfast was ok. Do not expect bottled shampoo and bath gel.. It's a 3 in 1 dispenser. Aircond was not cold enough. Looking at the condition, it seems it has been being serviced for quite a while.. Kinda dirty... Complimentary bottled water provided but there is no bottle opener. Perhaps the management of the hotel should change it to plastic bottle instead. Few bars and pubs just outside the hotel.. Still in my recommendation list for my friends who wanna pay a visit to Bali..

Room Tip: Ask for room near to lift if you do not wish to have a long walk back to your room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
BonarHasibuan, General Manager at Primera Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Edlee 19,
Thank you for your review. Any of our guest review and comment always is a big encouragement for us to be better and stronger in the future.
We apologize for any inconvenience happen during your stay with the wifi speed, Air con was not cold enough and bottled water provided but there is no bottle opener. We will follow up and ensure that it won't happen again in the future.
For the bottle opener attached to the marble near the wash basin.
Once again, thank you very much for your review. We are looking forward welcoming you back to favehotel Seminyak.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in December. A wonderful hotel, I would definitely give it 3*. Excellent staff, wonderful breakfast, spotless as far as cleanliness goes, and a must for gay visitors as it is right next to the Seminyak gay bars. They even changed the sheets after 3 days, so really nothing to complain about. Fantastic value for money.

Room Tip: Sometimes the street music can be loud so ask for the rooms not facing the street.

Dear Mdch82,
I am glad that you really enjoyed your first experience stay in Bali with us and appreciate your compliment towards our services and facilities that you share via TripAdvisor. We look forward to having your next visit soon.

With Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

It's a budget hotel so the expectation is not to expect anything fancy.

The hotel was nice. It was small but decent. The rooms were cleaned daily. The internet connection was strong, which was great.

There was a small pool. It's fine if there's just 2 or 3 persons. More than that it feels a little crowded.

The staff were also very friendly and always helped us with hailing cabs. However, the food was quite awful though but there are food outlets around so no issue. They don't give complimentary water although there's a water dispenser at the corridor. There's also a convenient store right across the hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephy2007

Dear Stephy2007,
Thank you for sharing your great experience at favehotel Seminyak at Trip Advisor. We could have positive insights for us to improve on our services and the hotel facilities every time guest shares their experience like this. we hope We could serve you again for your next stay with us.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

we local people, stay 1 night at favehotel to celebrate. staff friendly and very helpful. my room 565 nice room,cozy and clean room.WiFi connection good. delicious breakfast, for diner we order fried rice and chicken betutu is very delicious. i will be back and recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Sekarniti M,
We really appreciate your comment towards our services, condition of the hotel and our staffs. Our team is very happy to receive such comment after we share. We look forward to your return stay to enjoy the next favehotel Seminyak experience in the near future.

Best regards,