“Left a bitter taste”

Ranked #1 of 121 Spas & Wellness in Seminyak
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Sundari Day Spa healing and wellness is inspired by the traditional Balinese philosophy of Tri Hita Karana, which encourages us to nurture a greater harmony with spirit, the environment and with one another. A fusion of traditional and modern healing techniques is combined with organic and botanical ingredients that capture the healing powers of plants, herbs and ancient remedies, as well as the therapeutic touch of our highly skilled therapists, to deliver a deep sense of relaxation, long lasting beauty and wellbeing. This holistic approach encompasses all treatments and rituals - the advanced skin care procedures have been specially developed, in-house, to utilize cutting-edge modern technology such as Micro-Currents, Collagen Induction Therapy and Stem Cells to allow the organic healing process to naturally unfold in the serene atmosphere of our Spa.
Singapore, Singapore
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 204 helpful votes
“Left a bitter taste”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Booked the 4 hour deluxe package and was hoping for a relaxing time, unfortunately it was not at all. The room assigned was not at all conducive , it's right next to to main road. You can hear every motorbike that passes by. On top of that the curtains were way too thin, the sunlight was streaming in making the room bright and hot. Not at all relaxing.
The massages were good though but didn't enjoy the scrub, the masseuse applied the scrub on my body and waited at least 15 mins for it to dry . I was just lying down in a wet bed , guessing what's going to happen next. Caught the masseuse taking a short nap! Then another 2 mins of quick scrub and mask was applied and continued sleeping on my wet bed for another 45 mins. Not fun at all!!
My father accidentally broke the shower gel bottle and owner wasn't pleased, wanted to charge him rp200k. Left with a bitter taste. One of the more expensive spa but definitely not the best! Overatted.

Visited December 2013

Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Top notch”
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

The place is very nice, clean and hygienic and you are able to absorb the relaxing energy as soon as you walk in. The staff are very friendly, helpful and extremely professional. We enjoyed our first massage so much that booked in for another one straight away. Thankfully we discovered this spa early in our holiday so that we can fully enjoy it for the rest of our stay!

1 Thank FionaG111
Milan, Italy
“Magnificant”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

During my trip to Bali I decided to treat myself to a day spa. Upon researching a bit, all signs pointed to Sundari. Let me preface this review by stating that i was more than impressed. I am not much of a spa goer but Sundari Day Spa managed to change my view. The service was impeccable, the staff was extremely accomodating, and the treatment itself was mind blowing.
I ordered the hot stone massage and it was Amazing! This place is a must if you are visiting Bali. I would highly reccomend it to anyone and I fully intend on returning.

Thanks,
John

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Severely disappointed, terrible!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

After lots of research with TripAdvisor, my friend and I were very excited to experience our 2 hour "spa manicure/ pedicure" at sundari.

We arrived and it looked beautiful. We had a welcome tea and cool towel but thats where the positives ended.

We were escorted to a room with four uncomfortable vinyl arm chairs. Our therapists started on our hands. My therapist filed my nails for 45 minutes! It took so long because they honestly didn't seem like they knew what they were doing. My therapist didn't know what to do with two of my nails which were breaking. I took the scissors and did them myself before letting her continue. After 35 mins of filing she asked if they were OK. On one hand the nails were long and square and in the other they were short and oval. I had to show her the difference and ask for them to be changed which took another 10 minutes. She then scrubbed my arms with exfoliating lotion (without water so it really wasn't effective) rinsed it off with COLD water And then gave me a 1.5 min massage on each arm. With a 2 hour treatment I expected more than that. She then painted our nails which were patchy, uneven, missing parts and paint went everywhere. She spent more time cleaning the paint of my fingers than painting them. i had to remind my therapist that I needed a top coatto which she replied "later" and came back to do after doing my feet.

Similar experience with the pedicure. 45 mins of filing leaving slanted, uneven and messy nails and a 1.5 minute massage.

To say the least it ruined our experience and tainted our trip. We were so excitedbut so disappointed. We are emailing the manager and plan to get our nails redone on the side of the road for $5 because we are sure they would do a better job. We honestly aren't the type of people to complain but felt so strongly that we needed to let people know.

Visited December 2013
8 Thank daniellara0661
New York City, New York
“nice spa in seminyak”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very nice massage/spa in Seminyak. Had a Balinese massage for 60 mins, excellent value especially considering free pickup/dropoff service that they offer in the local area. They ask you to fill in a survey when you arrive for your massage preferences (areas to focus on/avoid etc) plus medical history, which some other places neglect. The staff and owner (Bea) were lovely as well, calling a taxi for us in the rain when a monsoon thunderstorm hit! Only suggestion would be to allow a little more time in the massage room to relax after the end of the massage.

Visited November 2013