“We'll be back!”

Ranked #65 of 538 Restaurants in Seminyak
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Brisbane, Australia
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had an early dinner as we hadn't eaten lunch. I think it was lucky we were early as I expect it would be difficult to get a table without a reservation. The restaurant only seats about 20. For starters we shared the nachos which came with 4 different sauces. They were fresh and tasty and these were without a doubt the best nachos I have ever eaten. We then shared 2 types of burritos, each of which were yum. Was too full to think of dessert so we stopped at that. I can't remember the cost however it was cheap. Taco Beach Grill will be a definite to visit next time we are in Bali.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Yummmmmoooo”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Yep, best Mexican I've eaten... Ever! Including what I ate in Mexico. Had the pulled beef soft tacos and chorizo fries. All ingredients were fresh and well constructed flavors! Very happy and will Definitely eat here on next trip

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thanks very much for your kind remarks and great review.

As the recipe designer, I much appreciate your recognition of the " well constucted flavors," as you put it. In my opinion a great Mexican dish isn't architecturally complete until it has recoginizably distinct elements of savoriness, sweetness, saltiness, tanginess, spiciness, and color and textural contrast (IMHO)..... We design all our mains, and entrees, etc with this "component" philospophy in mind and.

LIkewise, we're very glad you enjoyed the authentic pulled beef, as it takes a full working day to cook properly, according to the tradtional Mexican techniques which we follow as closely as possible (and in this case, with some added American hillbilly redneck cooking and French culinary techniques, as well! ) Thanks again. Best regards, my staff and I wish you an equally wonderful day.

Perhaps next time you come, you will be able to enjoy dining and relaxing in our soon to be completed, nearby "flagship" restaurant", fully air-conditioned, and designed with customer comfort in mind.

Best regards, Bob, Director of Taco Technology, Taco Beach Grill, Home of the Origninal Babi Guling Taco!
Canberra, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do yourself a favour and try this place! ”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

It's a pity that Australia doesn't have Mexican food that is this good! It started with the aloe passion juice and just got better and better. Had the chilli popper entrée, fantastic! Then the baba guling burrito. All the flavors were fresh and tasty. Nothing too spicy and if you want extra spicy they make their own range of salsa in three different levels of hotness, so you can just add to your taste. Sadly they had run out of the volcanic chocolate mousse (we ate very late at night) but that just gives me a reason to go back again. The regular chocolate mousse was exquisite anyway! Couldn't recommend highly enough.

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
As the owner, I am simply delighted that you enjoyed yourself enough to write such a glowing review. It's a privelige and my pleasure to know that our passion struck a chord with you, and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings. Wishing you a five star day in every way!

Warm regards, Bob N,, Director of Taco Technology, Taco Beach Grill, Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco!
Perth, Australia
“Fresh and Tasty”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Six of us ate lunch here in April, the food is very fresh and we all enjoyed our meals. Definitely can recommend the chicken tacos and the nachos too! We would happily return.

Visited April 2014
Karratha
“Awesome Fresh Mexican”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Found this place by chance and what a find, fresh made salsa's and corn chips as well as the best fresh babi guling taco and jalapeno poppers. The staff are great and the food amazing.

• Visited June 2014
Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thanks for the kind and uplifitng remarks and five star review, they make a lot of difference on occcasion. Indeed, we are very proud of our babi guling - because instead of buying it pre-made as 90% of Bali's restuarants do, we make our own using a combination of Balinese spice and herbs, some old-fashioned American red-neck cooking techniques, and some French culinary techniques. This increases flavor, aroma and lowers fat content.

So our product has less fat and more herb content than the usual Balinese babi guling (which I adore!). And thanks for the kind remarks about the poppers, because unbelievably, it took me a year to figure out how to make them. On behalf of my staff and myself, please allow me to wish you and yours a five star day in every way! Best regards, Bob. Director of Taco Technology, Taco Beach Grill - Home of the Babi Guling Taco!