“Terrific taco ”

Ranked #113 of 642 Restaurants in Seminyak
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Inspired Mexican Cuisine Prepared with Integrity. A small, authentic, roadside-style "taqueria" like in Tijuana or Cabo, we are Seminyak's only American owned, and authentic taco cafe featuring deluxe roadside-style tacos. Renowned for our huge variety of salsas and tortillas made fresh from scratch every few hours, we are the Home of the Original Babi Guling Taco.
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a bite before reflexology chill out time at Chill. TBG is bright and staff are friendly. Usual Mexican fare but with Bali twist. Yummy and fresh. We shared guacamole dip - came with five accompanying salsas that were delicious. I enjoyed the Babi guling soft taco - fresh, jam packed with avo, pork, greens and nice balance of spice. He had chicken burrito - all reports and empty plate indicate it was tasty :) Meal came to about $27 Aussie dollars, including 2 drinks. Noticed they have wide range of gluten free and veggie options, and $2 taco Tuesday.

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Thank you for comments about your experience. It's a pleasure to get good reports about our staff, as we're a bit of a family by now. The Babi Guling taco is our first and best known signature dish and has been the subject of many dozens of blogs in many countries.

And your soft tortilla is made from scratch fresh throughout the day, hand rolled into shape, and then cooked only after you order - it's that fresh. Because nothing beats fresh bread, no matter what cuisine we're discussing.

Thanks again for this five star review. On behalf of all of us, I'd like to wish you an equally five star day.

Warm regards,
Bob, Taco Beach Grill - Original Home of the Babi Guling Taco.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed 19 May 2017

My partner and I recently visited the Taco Beach Grill in Seminyak.
The tacos were surprisingly good. Homemade
My partner had the pulled pork taco and I had the fish taco's. I did prefer the soft taco. But all were good. This is the best Mexican food I have had for years and has put my faith back into Mexican food. For some time I have been put off by Mexican food. But since my visit to the Taco Beach Grill, I now say that I can enjoy Mexican food again. It was fresh, crunchy and light and refreshing food. Very a very good price. One of the better dining experiences in our recent 3 week stay in Bali.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Visited this great little restaurant twice. The tacos are so good, friendly staff, good margaritas. If you like it hot try the pork on fire. My favourite is the seared runs with wasabi. Great prices too. Definitely worth a visit.

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you for your comments. We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us and our new Pork on Fire taco. If you're still in Bali, we offer the Pork on Fire taco, with a cooling cucumber-mint salsa, for only $2 (25,000 Rp) each, as part of our $2 Taco Tuesday promotion. We hope to see you back.

Thanks again for this five-star review. On behalf of myself, and my staff, I'd like to wish you an equally five-star day.

Best regards,
Bob, Taco Beach Grill - Inspired Mexican Cuisine At Reasonable Prices

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Good food, good atmosphere, reasonably priced and food come out quickly as well.

The burritos are very filling. The tacos packed with lots of toppings and flavour. We found both were hard to eat as the burritos wraps were very thin and quickly soaked up the moisture from the filling and the taco shells were too big and wide to eat by hand.

Over all great experience. Would definitely go back!

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Hi and thanks for your comments. I especially appreciate your observations about the burrito wraps. Our "wraps" are based on our thirty years of eating and cooking with Mexicans, in and near Mexico, so they're bit different than the commercial, machine-made products served in Asia. Please visit our YouTube channel to learn more.

Actually, we do not make burrito wraps, we make true tortillas. We individually hand-roll authentic Mexican tortillas, freshly handmade by our chefs exactly as they're made by Mexicans for Mexicans. Most so-called Mexican restaurants serve a commercial, machine-made, much thicker product - which you correctly call a burrito wrap - designed to fill you up with cheap bread (cheaply), and is quite thick. Our goal is to give you a more authentic experience - of the art of the tortilla.

We take a lot of pride in the art of tortillas. A great taco or burrito begins with a great tortilla. It should be made from scratch, freshly hand-made, bubbly, a bit charred - and made while you wait. Nothing beats the aroma of fresh bread. Real tortillas should be almost paper thin.

We offer hand made tortillas made from scratch, cooked only after you order, still warm, soft and bubbly - and we hope our customers will appreciate the difference. Again, I refer you to our YouTube channel.

Come again, we'd love to show you more of the art of tortillas - because at the heart of every great taco is a great tortilla.

Regards,
Bob, Taco Beach Grill - Inspired Mexican Cuisine at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Nice staff, perfect food, good choice for dinner. You can pay by credit card but you will be charged 2% of the amount.

Bob N, Owner at Taco Beach Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for your kind review. Please join us again, and if you're still in town, please join us for tamales this weekend. They are a unique Mexican dish rarely found outside of Mexico.

Bob, Taco Beach Grill - Eat well. Pay less. Leave happy.