I stayed with my family last week -for 4 nights 13-17, October, 2013. It was a last minute arrangement and kind of blindly booked this villa based on reviews here. While the property itself is upmarket, it has a lot of drawbacks one should be aware before booking this property. I am listing the most important ones below;
First the positives
1. Excellent service staff. Though their language ability is limited, they responded extremely well to all our requests.
2. The visuals of the Villa is very good and gives touch of luxury.
3. The shower pressure was very good and taking bath was enjoyable ( read on open bathroom style below).
4. Both the beach area and Seminyak square (shopping area) was 5 minutes walk from the Villa.
1. They charge 4-5% surcharge on credit card payment and this is totally a hidden and unjustified charge for a 5 star villa. I could not have paid the villa rentals in cash as it was close to 23 million Indonesian rupees and had no option but to agree to pay the 4% surcharge.
2. The villa does not have a professional reception staff ( a manager) that can be contacted for any of our complaints and suggestions like the one above on credit card. The staff that is available to us can be best described as concierge staff and they speak basic English.
3. The Villa we stayed ( type C) had a private pool - while this sounds great, the practical limitations are many. Both the rooms and Kitchen open to the pool. While rooms have glass enclosures towards the pool, the kitchen is open. The area surrounding the pool pools very nice with lot of decorative plants and greenery. While visually this is good, it created its own issues - lots of mosquitos, small ants and lizards roaming around in the kitchen area. So, when ever we st down for breakfast or dinner, we had to ask the staff to light the mosquito coil. Since it was open area, the coils had only so much effect. The lizards in the kitchen were bigger concern for us as we cooked our food for lunch and dinner on all the days.
4. The bathroom and toilet for both the bedrooms were open style ones and this was very inappropriate when you have young kids with you. While this may be more acceptable for some cultures, for Indian, asian culture this is a big negative. Even the glass wall that opens to the pool, has blinds that does not completely block the bed rooms from outside view and this was even a bigger issue for us. In addition, we had plenty of free mosquito bites while using the toilet as well as the toilet is open to the back yard with gardens.
5. The kitchen though well equipped, does not have a microwave oven that is so common in hotel apartments. It's so strange and so inconvenient.
6. There is no power back up for the villas. We had no power for almost 8 hours from 8 AM till 4 PM on the last day and with the Bali summer in full swing and humidity, it was terrible. Luckily, it did not happen to us in the night.
7. The location of the Villa in Seminyak is not conducive for most of the Bali attractions as they are to the north or east of Bali. We spent 30-40 minutes in the morning and evening just get out of the city limits to get to the attractions like Ubud, Kintamani, Bedugal, Ujung, etc.
8. The breakfast choice is so limited and as were the quantities. The breakfast was served in the villa by a maid. While this is not a major issue, this can be improved.
So, the Bali experience was great for us, the Villa stay did not help us to maximize the holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Baik Villa & Residence is located in the heard of Seminyak, it just 5 minutes walk to the beach, famous restaurant such as Lining room, Kudeta, laluciola, Hu U bar, Warung Eropa, Potato Head becah Club, The Suku, The Sarong and many more. The property build in 420m2 land designed with Balinese and combined with Mediterranean style, spacious of rooms, wider bathtub, double sings, big living and kitchen. Out door pool and private gazebo surrounded by tropical gardenA complimentary WIFI and Canggu Club access are provided ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bali Baik Villa & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Baik Villa & Residence Seminyak