“Location is right but management screwed up big time.”
Review of Villa Blink

Villa Blink
Villa Blink
Ranked #315 of 416 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Location is right but management screwed up big time.”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have just came back from Bali for a 3 nights (07 to 10 May) stay in Villa Blink. Upon arrival at 2pm, we were greeted by a Villa with NO ELECTRICITY that lasted for 3hrs until 5pm. We were not properly inform of this until when I tried to switch on the aircon in the room and was only advice by Ratna (apparently who was the Villa caretaker/manager) that due to a road construction along this lane where the Villa is located, there is some technical problems and thus the power failure. I took the news well and look on the brighter side especially when she ensure that they are 'looking into' the matter. And I was reassure that no such incident would reoccure.Anyway, I wouldn't want to distrup the beginning of my holiday and my friends for we still have 3 nights to enjoy.

We came back in the evening about 11pm after shopping in Kuta on the 1st night to discover that after the power failure had successfully been reinstalled, but to our dismay our Wifi was still down. We tried looking for Ratna but was informed that she had left for the day. So we called to advice her of the situation. When we advice her that we are in need of Wifi connection badly due to some work commitment that we have to clear via emails, she couldn't be less considerate infact had tell us she will get it fix the next morning. We then emphasize on the importance and why we had booke the Villa again basically for the location of the Villa and of course Wifi. So, hesitantly she have ask 2 boys(they look so young, the next day we saw them cleaning our pool!) whom we doubt are real technican whom can get the Wifi fix for the night. So as you could have guess, we are left stranded with no Wifi and plenty of work loads to be cleared the next day.

We woke up early the next morning and get started on our day trips. Before we left the Villa, we were greeted by Ratna and again she assured us that Wifi will be fixed by the time we are back. Unfortunately, one of our friend was hit by 'Bali Belly' and fever so we had to return to the Villa much earlier than expected. We were back at about 2pm and TAA DAA! No Electricity & Wifi! Hmmm, now I am beginning to have a feeling that this is going to be on going. I began to think. If there were to be a construction, for sure it will take weeks especially on weekdays. And since our stay is from Mon to Thurs, pretty much we will be affected again, right,? Electricity always comes back by 5 to 6pm, when the contractors are done for the day.So by now, none of us have that much patience left. We had to ask for a change of Villa( they NEVER provide any other alternative besides saying sorry) as this trip is solely not about holiday-ing...we still have work to accomplish too. We were then brought to 3 other Villas. But non suit us. There were either too far and too unaccessible. It makes it even harder as all of us are women and we don't drive on this island. So all Villas were ruled out. We just had to beg for the Wifi to be fixed. By now, our itinary for the 2nd day was a total wreck due to the Villa viewing as it involves Time. Thank god when we got back to the Villa, all electricity and Wifi was UP and good. We couldn't be much happier and decide to forget all that has happen.

Our last day on the island...at 8.30am, we were greeted by the most awaited power failure yet again!! Come on, you gotta be kidding me. By now, I don't expect a PERFECT Villa/Room. I just need a NORMAL room with working electricity/Wifi. I have called Angelica from Natan Hospitallity, who apparently have been liasing with a friend of mine through the ups and downs about our stay for the past 2 nights. We were keep assured that things will not happen but it keep happening. Angelica wasn't of much help either. Her only solution was 'Sorry', 'this have never happen before'.
We had a tour going on for our last night but due to the problem caused it rapture our moods and it doesn't help even especially with the management who couldn't care less.

I am not trying to be difficult. Having coming from a hospitality backgroud, I am well trained of guest relation and service management recovery. I am also not trying to ask for compensation for ridiculous sorts. All I am asking is for an anticipation from the Villa Owner and Natan Management. Since you knew, there to be a power failure in the Villa and the TENDENCY or the slightest chance that it could happen again for the next few days during your guest stay, wouldn't you want to take all the chance given to offer your guest other alternative on the very 1st day of your guest arrival so as to avoid these uncessary long complain of mine? I mean if I was being offered alternative even having to top up the difference for another Villa RIGHT FROM THE START, just to make sure that I do not have unhappy encounter during my short oprecious stay in Bali, I would have go for it. Even paying more for that matter.

What upsets me the most is, the Villa owners/staff and Natan Hospitality have taken granted of our smiles and kept thinking that MAYBE we could be bought of by smiles and a mere word of sorry. You know, 'Sorry' don't really sell off experiences and good impression.

We had to beg for electricity and wifi to be fix. And compensation when we ask, we were given 5% discount per night out of USD250 we paid per night = USD12.50. This is which sums up to a total of USD 37.50. Complete PATHETIC. for the time wasted.

FYI, I am a Bali addict. I love the island so much that i came twice a month, in my many years to Bali, I have never been greeted by such audicity and lack of passion of customer service nor sincerity for that matter.Plenty of the friends I have made from my stays are staff I have known from both local and international brands from the hotels I have stayed in and never came across with such experience. Well, thankfully for me, I still have more other past stays to help cover up this bad experience of mine. Unfortunately for my 3 friends, who are all 1st timers in Bali, this is not a case for them.

To the management of Natan Hospitality and the owner of the Villa, SHAME on you. The property could have been a GEM. But you tarnish the impression right at the doorstep. If you are looking at replying to this concern of mine. PLEASE. Do not apologize again. Because for the past 3 nights, I have heard enough sorry from you guys and non comes with sincerity.

For readers, FYI, Angelica was only comfortable to speak to us via mobile through out our stay.She didn't even bother to come up to the Villa to speak in person even when we ask her to. Something to ponder about sincerity of reviving back your guest impression. I guess guest do not matter at all.

There is a Hostel across the road 'Guess House Hostel' which cost only USD10 per night. They provide one of a kind service. I have been with them for my 5 previous trips. And when I did not stay with them, and was along that area, they approach me and say Hello. These are the kind of people you want to include in your holidays for good remembrance. And they cost a penny. But sells off a treasure.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank natasha h
, General Manager at Villa Blink, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear Natasha h,

On behalf of Natan Hospitality Indonesia, I would once again like to take the opportunity to apologize for the power cuts and Wi-Fi failure that marred your 3 day stay at Villa Blink for the period of May.07-10, 2012. It is most unfortunate that the only available alternative villas in the area that we could have transferred you to were not to your liking.

Please be advised that this certainly is not the level of service that is endorsed by Natan Hospitality Indonesia. I am currently investigating the entire chain of events that disrupted your stay. I will also be liaising directly with the villa owner and revisiting our customer service policies to ensure that such dissatisfaction will never happen again.

I have already corresponded with you personally about your experience. I do hope that my gesture of refunding you for 50% of your total nights stay will restore your faith in Natan Hospitality Indonesia and the villa services that we provide.

I wish you all the very best on future travels to the island of Bali.

Sincere regards,
Gede Mertadana

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. The villa itself is a very beautiful and nice.
Just that the outside area of the villa, the road to the villa unpaved and bumpy. Outside doesn't have nice view. So just go inside the villa, enjoy the pool, the huge rooms and living hall. Breakfast is well prepared right in the villa every morning !
Nearby is Ku De Ta and a lot eateries. Just rent a motorbike and go around the place.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple