1,060 results
All reviewsbudget hotelrooms are smallhot showerper nighttop floorshort stayminute walk to the beachthe main streetspabalimassagekettlenightlifeaudtaxisscooter
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We saw an advertising of the Grandmas on the road offering rooms for only 330,000 IDR (about 37 US$) per night and as we needed a bed for only two nights we decided to stay there. When calling for the reservation I asked for a quiet room which was promised. Unfortunately no room on the rear of the hotel was available on our arrival late night. The noice from the road, restaurant and bar direct at the hotel was unbearable. I had about 3 hours of sleep this night. Next morning I wanted to leave the hotel again due to this inconvience but the staff at the counter (very friendly and helpful) offered us another room for the afternoon which is located on the rear of the hotel. No more noice from the outside, only the insulation of the rooms is not very well as we could follow the conservation of our room neighbors without any difficulties.
The room is pretty small but big enough for two people to sleep in. Bed exremely comfortable, bathroom clean and well sized. Sink did not run of properly. Warm water was sufficient for two showers. No space for a suitcase and a tiny open shelf for hanging max 5 shirts. Safety box was available.
I can recommend the hotel highly for guest which are looking for a clean and very cheap accommodation in an excellent location. Only a must is a room in the rear of the hotel as the noice from outside is extremely loud.

Room Tip: Only rooms in the rear of the hotel are quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank harald999
Reviewed 7 February 2012

It's less than 100 metres from the Seminyak Beach and if you head to the south (by walking along the beach), you'll reach Double Six area and Legian Beach. So it's very good location for a low budget hotel. There are many surfing schools along Seminyak and Legian Beach.

The cleanliness is good because it's a new hotel. The street around is far from traffic jam and it's very easy to get a taxi. A lot of bars and cafe in Dhyana Pura/Abimanyu Street -only few metres from the hotel-.

The room itself is very basic but spacious enough for solo or couples. It's not recommended for family with baby/kids and elderly people since the hotel has many stairs and ramp. It will be noisy in the morning and the midnight when people are going out and coming back to their room.

It has restaurant but the price is quite high (remember to read the footnote that all prices are subjected to the government tax and service charge for 17% while other restaurants only charge you 15% -and some have included the tax and the service charge to the price).

I suggest you to walk about 10 metres to the west and have a breakfast at Puri Cendana Restaurant (the continental breakfast here is Rp 35.000 including tax and service charge while Grandmas Hotel Restaurant gives you the same price Rp 35.000 but excluding its 17% tax and charge).

Room Tip: There are some rooms without window, so if you need room with window, ask it when checking-in.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Samulo
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed at a total of 3 different hotels in Bali during my 15 day stay there. Grandmas Hotel was by far the best. Free fast WIFI, Clean modern rooms, good plasma screen TV with great international channels, wonderful modern clean bathrooms and glass entrance showers with hot water and great pressure. Breakfast is not included however if you go downstairs to the restaurant you will get a huge beautifully cooked Balinese or American breakfast with plenty of fruit and bread sides all for only 40,000IDR (about 4$USD), you will leave very full! The hotel is in a great area and just steps from the beach. I felt very comfortable here, even more comfortable than the 4 star beachside hotel in Tuban that seemed to want to suck money out of your wallet every chance they got for even basic necessities.

Grandmas Hotel was having an opening special of 330,000 IDR per night which is about 35 dollars USD. This made it not only the cheapest hotel I stayed at in Bali, but it just happened to be the one with the least amount of headaches to deal with. Bali hotels are quite different when it comes to basic standards, and even though I have traveled all around the world I was surprised at how almost every hotel charges for small basic necessities. However I really didn't have any problems at Grandmas House.

The only thing I could say was a bit irritating was the no hair drier thing. Even if you bring or buy your own, then there is no where to plug it in near the sink or even at all in the bathroom. There is only one plug in the entire unit and it is near the desk, which if the cord is long enough you can see yourself in the mirror. However it didn't bother me that much.

I am looking forward to coming back to Bali sometime soon. They are in the process of building 2 or 3 other GH's around Bali, which is great because when I return and they are all finished I can have numerous options of areas to choose from. I loved Seminyak area though, very quiet compared to Kuta/Legian and Tuban. There are a lot less shopkeepers and massage women annoying you for use of their services.

However, for me this area was still not immune to the taxi drivers constantly stopping you during a quite peaceful walk advertising for overpriced transport. BALI TIP: Never take them, and always ask the front desk of the hotel to call a METERED taxi and stress METERED, Grandmas Hotel I am happy to say is one of the honest hotels that will call you a metered taxi at no expense. If a hotel in Bali refuses to call a metered Taxi then raise hell with them because they are profiting off your transport.

Looking forward to coming back to stay at Grandmas Hotel very soon! :D

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank HunterWright
Reviewed 23 January 2012

The room is small but enough just to rest after out all day. Cold room & hot shower is enough for us. The hotel is brand new so its clean, bright but come with no breakfast but is not big problem since many restaurant around the hotel. Service is good & good enough for us

Room Tip: Our room facing the street got a small window and sunlight in the morning
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zaxman
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The room is not super large, no fridge but other than that it served us well. This hotel is new so everything is clean and up to todays standards. Bathroom great, bed super! Close to the beach and it has a pool - small but a place to soak on a hot day.
Staff very friendly and helpful. We ate at the restaurant and had great service and good food.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: try to get a room at the back - it will be quieter
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple