“Perfect base for Seminyak”

Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #75 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed here for one night to meet up with friends in Seminyak before heading on to Ubud and it was the perfect place to stay.

I found the staff friendly on arrival. The room is basic but very modern, clean and perfectly good in my eyes and you get a tv with good channels if you're tired and need a night in. It was a little noisy until 11 but I actually had a really good nights sleep here (and I was right by the entrance and restaurant)!

I ate in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner in the end and both meals were really tasty and nice. I did try to book in again here with friends during another part of my trip as we all felt it was a great place to base for the money you pay. Unfortunately they were booked up.

I would certainly recommend this place as good value for money and a very good location to everything.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank 67Becca
There are newer reviews for Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak

Reviewed 18 June 2012

We booked 3 nights here as a cheap base for looking round south Bali. There is nothing wrong with the hotel itself for the money charged - small but clean and modern rooms, good aircon and showers, and close to the beach.
However -
The only issue I had was that when I booked, the electronic form I filled out was received with 10 nights booked when I had entered 3 nights, and I was charged for 10 nights. When i immediately (within 2 minutes) contacted the hotel manager via my booking agent, the manager point blank refused to cancel the booking so that I could rebook with the correct number of days. It was clearly an error and not me just changing my mind after the event, as i had contacted him immediately, but he still kept my money and refused to budge or even compromise.
So, we stayed 3 nights and paid for 10. They wouldn't even give me 1 night in lieu of the 7 I had paid for at the end of our trip, when we returned to south Bali after a tour round.

Based on this grasping dishonesty, lack of ethics, and very poor understanding of guest relations I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bluecramp
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We spent a night at Grandma's on our way to the airport. The rooms were small, cute, clean, and I loved the giant TV with programs in many different languages. The hotel doesn't have a big resort-pool or such, so if you are looking to hang out at your hotel, this isn't it. But if you want a reasonably priced hotel close to the beach and restaurants, Grandmas is a good choice. The staff was very helpful, and our room was quiet. One drawback: not a lot of places to hang your towels and wet togs. Enough said.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front; it will be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank On_Holiday_154
Reviewed 16 June 2012

As per all the other reviews, there are good and bad parts to this hotel. It's a bare basic, no frills hotel in a great location in seminyak. Room is near new and clean. Double bed only. tv with 60 channels and air conditioning. In room safe and ensuite is around 1m wide by 3m in length. you dont pay for items you usually dont use such as toiletries etc. you get soap and shampoo dispenser in the shower and thats it. No 50 different towels, just one bath towel and floor mat. no tissues etc. just toilet paper. free wifi. only two downsides for me being firstly no hot water - yes i know, when in bali why do you want a hot shower but cold water first thing in the morning is not pleasant. the biggest issue for us though is the noise...........if you want a quiet and restful sleep anytime of the day you have no chance. Take ear plugs. We were supposedly allocated a room on the quietest spot on the floor so i would hate to see what the loudest was! mopeds zooming all night, dogs barking and fighting, music from somewhere pounding away and worst of all is your neighbours walking up and down the corridors and banging their doors shut at all hours of the night. it is hard to shut the doors quietly however. I think it is just luck of the draw as to whether you have considerate neighbours or not.

So, if you are planning a nice, relaxing or romantic getaway, this isnt the hotel for you. Also if you are planning on sunbaking or lying by the pool, you need to go down the road to Cocoon or use another hotel as the pool here is a circle sized one around 4m in diameter and there are no sun lounges next to it and is completely shaded. If you are just planning on a surfing getaway then its perfect.

I highly recommend their honey and lemon facial - prices were almost as cheap as on the street but a much nicer and sterile environment up on the fifth floor.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lil_monkeyPerth
Reviewed 13 June 2012

For a 2 star you cant get any better, stayed there for 9 nights.
The rooms are small but have every thing you need except a fridge
which did not bother me.
Staff are great and helpfull, location 5 min to the beach and eats in both directions.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Darryl R
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We choose this hotel because near to everywhere and very cheap..but when the big rain come, it can be disaster because floaded to our rooms...but overall its ok

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank ShioriB
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We loved this hotel. It was immaculately clean, yes small but how much room do you want. It had a tv with 60 channel and air conditioning for 33 aussie dollars a night. It was in a fantastic location just 2 minutes from the beach at Seminyak. We had no problem with any noise whatsoever.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple