“Lovely stay”

Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #72 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was lovely. It was clean and rooms were bigger than I expected. Cheap stay. The staff are lovely and friendly. We had massages in hotel and they were amazing and fairly priced. Evening meal in their restaurant was lushto. Woyld definitely stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed 11-18th December.

All staff were very nice an welcome us to there hotel.Our room was
new,clean,bigger than I was excepting for a budget room..new tv,no fridge,desk,safe,air-con.what a bargain hotel to stay in..Rooms clean daily an our sheets change daily too..Great location,near the beach an shops,cocoon beach club ,7 mins away.money changer,supermarket an the best sashimi restaurant in our street.

You can book tours here with the friendly staff at reception...

Breakfast was very simple an basic,which was included,but they are very
Tight,on having coffee,we were asked to pay for milk for the coffee...Which
I refused...you could only chose one coffee or juice,not both...Mia goreng,eggs
Or pancakes,is all you could get,anything else ,YOU MUST PAY !!

Some staff at breakfast were hard to communicate with ,not so good English !!

Pool was more like a plunge pool with no pool towels available.... No deck chairs....
Wifi worked fairly well an in room as well.

They have a beautiful spa centre here.l had the 2 person massage for 1
Hour @ $120.000 rp.bargain if they gave you the correct amount of time that
I payed for!!!! Yes I complained as they try to shorten my time of 20 mins...
Wasn't happy as it was a wonderful massage until that happen,so I got more time.
And I did mention it to the reception,that I want my full hour as soon as I get
On the table on my return visit...This left me very upset ,but I try them again before I
leave bali....So customers take your watch in there with you an keep track of
the time.
Overall this budget hotel was brilliant for us as we were out on most days.
They offered us all the facility that we needed.

I would recommend this hotel to guests that want a no frills budget hotel!!!

Ciao ELISA Australia

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of hotel,so you don't hear the traffic on the street.level 3 was great...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We booked over Agoda and got Breakfast included!
When we arrived the room was ready and the welcome friendly. I traveled with my borther and we had a twin room. Its not masive, but enought for 5 days. We were not on a budget, but it was a great deal and the most important close to the beach.
I got food poisend at one of the restaurants on the beach and was very happy about the aircon and TV channles. Housekeeping came in and cleaned the shower, gave me extra towels and extra water with out asking. Yes the shower showes mould, but that is normal if you see how they built that hotel.
Breakfast was simple, but all the Aisan dishes like congee and Nasi goreng are more than enought to keep you going or energize you for a day of surf. We had to wait for food sometimes as they are a bit unorganized in service, as asia is lots of bodys but no one to organize them.
The pool looks big in the picture and is small, no one used it during our stay. For that money its a great place to stay, but yes it is not a Bali feeling place, as it could be in a city or any where in this world. As any where free wifi and it worked ok.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We got there late afternoon though our room was ready, it wasn't what we expected it to be. Our bedsheets were stained, the shampoo and shower gel containers were empty, the towels had holes in them, our toilet was moving when you sit on it and shower was not very clean. Room was very small. Breakfast selection was just ok (every time I order pancakes, its either burnt or half cooked and the one time I had nasi goreng, all I could taste was pepper! It had so much pepper that I wasn't able to finish eating it, you have to pay if you want milk or creamer with your coffee and they don't allow refill of water). Not gonna stay here next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Arrived midnight and was served with a smile! friendly and helpful staff, close to the beach and happening bars (make sure to stop by at Santa fe bar on a sunday night to listen to one of the hottest live bands - Crazy Horse Band!) . basic but clean rooms. comfy beds, perfect spa and cheap too! look no further. will definitely be returning to this hotel for my next trip to Bali .

Room Tip: request for a quiet room. there's construction going on nearby
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I'd recommend it to people who want to stay in Seminyak, but don't want to pay too much! Grandmas is a good option, rooms are modern and clean, quite compact, but comfortable. The beach is only 5-10 min walking distance. The restaurant at the hotel serves good breakfast and there are plenty of dining options all around.
The pool is tiny, but who needs a pool when the beach is so close-by?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Cozy and clean with a location nice and close to the beach and far enough away from the loud clubs. Staff are friendly and helpful but confirm details in advance, there was some confusion about how much it costs for late checkout.

Also there is an on-site spa that I can highly recommend for its 90-minute massage. There are cheaper massages at the numerous street-spas but those are just good for the massage. For a couple extra $ the spa is a nice upgrade. Nice and quiet, great atmosphere, tea to start and finish. The disposable underwear was a little weird but I guess they get people showing up in swimmer so it makes sense. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Higher up and farther from the street is best.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo