1,060 results
All reviewsbudget hotelrooms are smallhot showerper nighttop floorshort stayminute walk to the beachthe main streetspabalimassagekettlenightlifeaudtaxisscooter
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

When booking I was very aware that this was only a 3 star hotel however I did not expect standards to be so low. I would say this is more of a 2 star than 3.

The rooms are extremely small, luckily I was travelling solo as there was only room for myself and my luggage. The rooms are very basic with very little amenities. The windows are so tiny you feel like your in a prison cell, this also meant the room had very little natural light.

There was a lot of ants, mosquitos and flies in the room every day despite no door or window being open. One squashed fly remained on my window for the duration of my stay. The towels looked grey and very worn, these where also never changed during my 3 day stay. I had also spilt something on the bed sheets and they didn't bother to change these either. The bathroom had a very bad stench and even the shower water smelt of drainage. They also don't provide hand towels or hand soap.

I didn't bother using the pool as it was so tiny with limited seating, it also didn't look too clean.

The hotel feels very unsafe for lone females, there was men loitering outside at all hours. They would make rude and creepy remarks as I walked past.

When I was leaving the hotel a local friend organised a car to pick me up. When the car arrived the loitering men who turned out to be 'taxi drivers' approached me in a group of about 6 of them. They became extremely threatening shouting insults at myself and the driver. These men claimed to work with the hotel. The driver felt so threatened that he chose not to drive me. I went back to the hotel as I was so shook up and scared by this incident. The manager explained that guests where only allowed to use taxis. This was never mentioned once during my stay and there was no signs stating this anywhere in the hotel. A simple explanation during check out would of been sufficient enough to avoid this incident.

I was willing to forgive the problems with the room as I understood that it was a basic hotel. However I cannot forgive being made to feel so scared and threatened as I was leaving. If you are a lone female I would certainly avoid this hotel at all costs.

On a plus note the spa was great, lovely staff and cheap prices.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Dubaigirl2013
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Pictures don't do this place justice it's like a jungle paradise here!
The location its incredible a 2 minute walk to the beach one way and shops and restaurants the other way and it feels so safe as well!
THE STAFF is beyond beautiful and have taken such good care of us!
Highly recommend getting the brekky included as it is well worth the price and such a nice restaurant to sit in! The pool is perfect and they even have free painting classes and free bike hire (we didn't do it but I saw heaps of guest doing it)
Highly highly recommend this beautiful place so happy we are probably going to swap our accomodation later in our trip to come back here!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Gede W, Manajer at Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear heathymermaid,

Warmest Greetings from Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak

Thank you for staying at Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak and We greatly appreciate for taking time to share your stay experience with the TripAdvisor viewers and are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We loved to hear that you feel happy of all our facilities and services. And great thank you for your appreciation to our team member that they are good friendly during servicing you

Traveler’s feedback is a valuable source of motivation for us as we strive to achieve even higher standards of service and care.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak in the near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel for our last night in Bali. My room smelled like moth balls and dank basement - nice! The room was extremely run down and as others have noticed, this hotel is extremely loud. Avoid at all costs. There are so many more cheap hotels that are lovely in the area, don’t book as a last resort!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtkneeee
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here last week for 4 days. I had booked it only for tge first 2 days of my trip initially. When i reached the place i was already awed by the beautiful alley to the reception. We were greeted with welcome drinks and the process was very smooth for check in. We were shown to our room in 5 mints. The rooms here are small but they are very very comfortable. The bed is soft and nice. Its absolutely clean and the staff is super sweet. Very helpful and very prompt service. The rolma are white with a colorful bike on one wall. The hotel provides free bicycles to roam around from 9am to 6pm to their guests. This was very convenient since beach is 2 mints away and the market area is 3 mints away by foot.

Me n my husband stayed here and we didnt feel any discomfort at all. Infact v loved the service and the place so much that v booked it for our entire time in Bali. This place has amazing restaurant called miura which serves lovely breakfast, n the dinner we had here was deliciously good too. They hv a rooftop bar called kinky tiki bar which has again very friendly staff, very reasonably priced and such amazing cocktaila and pizza. They dont hv much veg options but whatever they made for me was really good.

Absolutely loved my stay here. They hv safes in the room. It is super safe place even for solo travellers or couples.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Gede W, Manager at Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 4 nights and stayed just 1. The noise was so bad that I didn't sleep for more than 3-4 hours.

Specifically, the bar downstairs plays live music until midnight. Despite the hotel advertising itself as being good for business travellers, most guests were drunk and rowdy. In one night, two fights broke out outside my room, a couple argued into the early hours, and groups of travellers shouted and screamed in corridors. Guests also vomited in the corridors.

I understand this is a budget hotel, but this should not compromise how secure the hotel feels. It felt extremely unsafe and I was glad to check out.

The staff on the front desk were, however, helpful and pleasant through my complaint. They refunded my money and offered a free spa visit (which we declined!).

In summary, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Gede W, Manager at Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Warmest Greetings from Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak

Thank you for staying at Grandmas Plus Hotel Seminyak and We greatly appreciate for taking time to share your stay experience with the TripAdvisor viewers.
We do very apologize for all the inconvenient during your stay with us. We have noted and taking the step to rectify all the issue that you concerned. We do our best to make our lovely guest comfortable stay and happy with all facilities and activities that we have.
Now We on progress to install door proof and double window to reduce the sound from outside room.

We hope you give us opportunity to accommodate you the next future.